Terribly disappointed by the ending :-( *spoiler*

Book 4 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: Savor Dam, High Lord Tolkien, ussusimiel

Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Re: What happened to the worm?

Post by Vraith »

wayfriend wrote:
Vraith wrote:And ONLY THEN are the Elohim able to return the Worm to its rest...for the same reason it went to rest the very first time---because it was FULL.
^ Upvote

although I do find merit in the notion of symbolic resonance. The worm is the world's demi-urge for destruction that is necessary to it's life. Qwelling that urge is part and parcel with restoring the world. I just don't know how much I equate the state of the covenant/foul relationship with the state of the world. Covenant and Foul were the least unified early in the story, and the worm was resting sweetly. They have become more unified each Chronicles, with the Last Chronicles being the last step. Or so I take it.
They aren't mutually exclusive.
Loosely/analogically as
the White/Wild is the structure/physics...and the Worm/other beings are the biology/life.
Despite all that's happened we are, in an essential way, still engaging with Plato's Perfect Horseness and All The Lovely Horses.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.

Return to “The Last Dark”