previews

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

previews

Post by Fist and Faith »

Since there were some pretty good previews when I saw ROTK, I figured maybe a thread for such things would be nice.

Hidalgo
Pay attention ladies, Viggo stars in this one. :) I think the horse's name is Hidalgo, he's the rider, and they've never lost a race. They're invited to a giant race across the Sahara. Looks good.

Spiderman 2
The first scene in the preview, where they're about to kiss, looks awesome! I'm not a big fan of the first movie, but I like Dr Octopus a lot more than that stupid goblin, so maybe I'll like this one. (Anybody see DD fight Ock in the comic about 23 years ago? That was great!)

Harry Potter
That Azkaban/Azakbar/Azanaka/whatever-the-heck-it-is is coming.

...Riddick
Some future-looking, or maybe just aliens, kinda thing. Effects looked good, but I have no idea what it's about.

hmm, I know there's more, but I have to get off to work now, so I'll post them later if I remember.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
aTOMiC
Lord

Re: previews

Post by aTOMiC »

Fist and Faith wrote:Since there were some pretty good previews when I saw ROTK, I figured maybe a thread for such things would be nice.

Hidalgo
Pay attention ladies, Viggo stars in this one. :) I think the horse's name is Hidalgo, he's the rider, and they've never lost a race. They're invited to a giant race across the Sahara. Looks good.

Spiderman 2
The first scene in the preview, where they're about to kiss, looks awesome! I'm not a big fan of the first movie, but I like Dr Octopus a lot more than that stupid goblin, so maybe I'll like this one. (Anybody see DD fight Ock in the comic about 23 years ago? That was great!)

...Riddick
Some future-looking, or maybe just aliens, kinda thing. Effects looked good, but I have no idea what it's about.

hmm, I know there's more, but I have to get off to work now, so I'll post them later if I remember.
Hidalgo looks interesting.

Spiderman 2 may exceed SM1 the way X2 outshined X1. No more precious time must be spent on the orgin. We can dive in and have fun from the beginning.

Riddick is "The Chronicles of Riddick" the sequal to "Pitch Black" I've been looking forward to this for a while Vin was great in PB and getting more of that character is very welcome indeed.

I have also been keeping an eye on "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow." The previews look pretty cool. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Never heard of Pitch Black either. :oops: :)

I edited my first post, adding Harry Potter.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Fist and Faith wrote:Never heard of Pitch Black either. :oops: :)
Oh no. 8O

Imagine a passenger ship crash lands on a planet. There is a supposed homicidal maniac who was being transported by a marshal, who is among the survivors and is loose. They discover that the planet is about to enter a phase where it will be plunged into total darkness for who knows how long and flesh eating creatures by the millions emerge from hibernation to feed in the dark. :-)

Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Ooh I like the sound of Pitch Black!
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Landwaster wrote:Ooh I like the sound of Pitch Black!
Oh yeah. You'd love pitch black, Land. I recomend a quick scamper to the vid store. :-)

dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Fist and Faith wrote:(Anybody see DD fight Ock in the comic about 23 years ago? That was great!)
Has it been that long? Miller did a great job on both DD and DO.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

My problem with the Riddick film is that outside of the context of the movie the character loses my interest. I mean, Pitch Black was really about the concept of the planet and the aliens, so removing that and having a film about one of the characters seems weird to me. Oh well, that's my two cents.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Pitch Black rocked--the previews 4 Chrons of Riddick didn't really thrill me. Another preview they aired b4 ROTK was The Butterfly Effect about a guy who has lost a bunch of his childhood memories but developes the power to go back in time to try to change them but keeps messing up--sure it stars Ashton Krutcher (Dude? 70s...) but it looks like he's really acting--could be very cool if done right-might be something along the lines of Donnie Darko... :?
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

danlo wrote:Another preview they aired b4 ROTK was The Butterfly Effect about a guy who has lost a bunch of his childhood memories but developes the power to go back in time to try to change them but keeps messing up--sure it stars Ashton Krutcher (Dude? 70s...) but it looks like he's really acting--could be very cool if done right-might be something along the lines of Donnie Darko... :?
THAT'S the one I couldn't remember!! :) Honestly, I'm so stinkin' sick of time-travel stories that I probably won't see it. My prediction is that he eventually sets things right back to the way they were before he started changing things. Just like that lousy 2-part Voyager.

But you're right, it did look like he was acting!! 8O :) I haven't seen Dude, but he looked funny in the commercials, and 70's is always a riot. :lol:
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Arg. I liked Voyager, but I hated their time-travel eps. Then again, imo, almost every story dealing with time travel screws it up. An exception being 12 Monkeys. The Butterfly Effect looks like a good movie, and I don't even like Kutchner.

Pitch Black was great. I'd like to say Claudia Black (of Farscape fame) stole the show, but I gotta say that it was actually Vin Diesel. I thought the Riddick (Thome? hah) movie looked pretty good, though. If you're the kind of guy that roots for the badass, you need to see PB and I'd guess the sequel.

Hidalgo looks good, but I have the feeling the actors aren't going to be the only ones with sore asses after this movie.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

previews

Post by matrixman »

edit
Last edited by matrixman on Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Matrixman wrote:Good grief, have we gone off the deep end? We're now discussing previews of movies, not actual movies? Sorry, but that seems a little perverse to me. What's next, we analyze the blurbs on the inside jackets of books? Reminds me of that hilarious Woody Allen book, Without Feathers: one of the chapters has him extracting profound meaning from his neighbour's laundry list. :lol:
Its fun to discuss upcoming films. :-)

dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

I saw that Butterfly Effect preview, and Air Captain, and Chronicles of Riddick when I went to see LOTR.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I hope to see them myself over the holiday. Chistmas I think it is.

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Sorry, folks, for my earlier jibe about what I felt was the absurdity of reviewing previews. Didn't mean to sound like a curmudgeon. I'll try to remember the coming attractions next time I'm at the theatre (which hasn't been for a while, sadly).
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Well, I'm just glad I hadn't seen that post before I said that you were a great addition to the Watch in that other thread.

:LOLS:
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

edit
Last edited by matrixman on Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Wow! I hadn't head about that. Could be fun.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I- Robot will star Wil Smith. I don't know much more about it at this point.

Return to “Flicks”