Elohimfest less costly rooms

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Elohimfest less costly rooms

Post by Cord Hurn »

Candlewood Suites - Albuquerque has rooms available for $59.99 plus tax.
Candlewood Suites
3025 Menaul Blvd. NE 87107
1 505 338-3900
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

That is not particularly close to danlo's, the hotel where the dinner is, or the other hotels where the critical mass of Watchers are staying (close to the airport).

That said, it is in the same general area as where Loremaster and a few other Watchers stayed last Elohimfest and our transportation service (Pickop Andropov) made sure they attended all functions.

Stay there if you like...but either have a car and be comfortable getting around, or be prepared to rely on the plentiful kindness of your fellow Watchers to get to and from events.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Julie and I are staying at KOA's our entire trip. Julie says we are saving a ton this way.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I stayed at the Candlewood Inn last time and may do so again. I have a points card with them since we use them often for work.
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

when my first wife and I had our honeymoon in 1990 we stayed at a hotel in New Orleans in a hotel for $20 a night. This was unheard of, even at the time, and it wasn't the sort of sleazy hotel like the Kurgan stayed at in highlander. It was nice, clean, 20 stories high, and had a bar on the top floor!
Sgt, I had asked Danlo about free campsites near the Duke City, but got invited to pitch my tent in his yard instead. I am glad I accepted the offer. It was very pleasant and nice to stay up when everyone was gone and get sleepy while talking. That is a very bonding sort of experience. I still remember staying up all night talking with two very nice young ladies who were obviously a couple at a Baha'i youth camp as a teenager.
Can't remember a thing we talked about, but I do remember playing "YES" songs for them on my guitar and seeing a scorpion on the wall or somewhere.
Phyllis and I payed $80 for the night we spent last year and it was very close by, It was affordable and was one of the nicer rooms I've stayed at. I'm not sure what a suite constitutes, but this felt like one.
There may have been a kitchenette or some other thing.
hopefully next time we can bring Lulu and Zappa and we can be well healed enough to manage a longer stay and a nice place.
Phyllis also found out (too late) that there is a procedure by which a dealer may take time off, even on blackout dates, so the two of us are sure to do it unless we become destitute somehow.
httpsss://www.barbarianclan.com
"everything that passes unattempted is impossible"-- Lord Mhoram, the Illearth War.

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”