food from different places

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

food from different places

Post by Ananda »

We have a new section in our market: It has american food. There is no actual food in this new section! :lol: :lol: :lol:
s24.postimg.org/7t5gt2s8l/intemat.jpg

Now, to be fair, here is a funny advert for a brand of caviar with people taste testing it in the us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMyfZydK-4s

I love, 'It ain't popular here, booboo, it ain't popular here!'

I don't like this brand either, though, so I can't blame them. :P
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

huh...
No apple pies? Peanut Brittle? Marshmallow Fluff?
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

There seems to be peanut butter there, which I'll eat any day. Most of the rest are candy or sauces.

Although, I don't know if I'd be throwing rocks, don't you call lutefisk food? ;)
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

I know it is not all american food types, but I just found it so funny that it was all candy and other garbage compared to the various asian foods in that section that actually has food! And, the prices for the candy! It comes to something like 3usd for one candy package. One usd is about 6-7 kronor.

Did you watch the advert of americans reacting to some swedish crap caviar? It is so funny.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Ananda wrote:I know it is not all american food types, but I just found it so funny that it was all candy and other garbage compared to the various asian foods in that section that actually has food!
Sadly, that is true in the U.S. itself...you have to go to the "foreign" sections to find actual food in American stores.

[[that's not entirely true...they all have "real food" sections...they're just a hobbit-like journey through the sugar forests, over the soda rivers, and across the salted-and-fried plains, beyond the "ethnic" borderlands, deep into the dimly-lit cavern called "produce."]]
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.

Return to “The Galley”