Yaaaay!

A place to discuss the entirety of the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.

Moderators: kevinswatch, aliantha

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Yaaaay!

Post by aliantha »

Thanks, Jay! :biggrin:

Okay, who's got the first insight?

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Here's my insight - the ending to The Last Dark SUCKED and it was ALL LINDEN'S FAULT!

Kidding!

;)

-jay
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

kevinswatch wrote:Here's my insight - the ending to The Last Dark SUCKED and it was ALL LINDEN'S FAULT!

:goodpost: :yourock: :goodpost:

Well, within only a couple of posts, that's already provided the single uncontestable answer to the tacit question posed by this entire new sub-forum... next?

:twisted:
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Our work here is done. :roll:

On a more serious note :evil: : I know I posted something in the SRD E'fest Q&A thread that I had to spoiler. I'll go in and fetch it in a few minutes...

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

The second post is a Chronicles Sucks post?

Yay.
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

wayfriend wrote:The second post is a Chronicles Sucks post?

Yay.
Gives us something to refute :lol:

Since we all know that they don't, and even on their bad days are better than most of the stuff out there...
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

wayfriend wrote:The second post is a Chronicles Sucks post?

Yay.
Even though, much like the Creator in the Last Chronicles, I have ignored my creation for quite some time, this is still my message board, and I can make as many obnoxious posts as I like. :biggrin:

Seriously though, just joking around, dude.

-jay
kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Post by kevinswatch »

rdhopeca wrote:Since we all know that they don't, and even on their bad days are better than most of the stuff out there...
I agree wholeheartedly with that. Even though I suffered through much of The Last Chronicles, I still thoroughly enjoyed SRD's writing as a whole.

There were many poetic moments that I deeply appreciated.

It's just that I can't help it if a number of things pissed the hell out of me while reading it! ;)

-jay

(Except for the words puissant, crepuscular, and formication. I can do without ever seeing those words again.)
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

kevinswatch wrote:
(Except for the words puissant, crepuscular, and formication. I can do without ever seeing those words again.)
And "the"...annoying..."but" is getting to be a bit much. I'm starting to get pissed off by commas and some other punctuation.
Guess we can't live without those, though.

Still...is it really so terrible to read Linden's formication a few times...something that happens to almost everyone at least every now and again for their whole lives [not to mention the fairly large group that is practically tortured by it for a long period]...but no problem reading the various fornications in most books that happen to characters very often, but almost every reading person totally never?
/whistle
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

The name of this forum is incorrectly typed, though. Needs to be:
The Entire Chronicles of Thomas Covenant Experience Starring Linden Avery
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

For me ,Its always been an interior dialogue; Man vs Himself. By the Last Chronicles It became clear that it wasn't " What" was the problem..but it was " How" that was the problem. A man learned that it was How he thought ,,that needed to change,,because the Way he Was Thinking,,was what enabled despair all along.

You only live once folks..so why dwell in despair, fear and hate?
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

kevinswatch wrote:
rdhopeca wrote:Since we all know that they don't, and even on their bad days are better than most of the stuff out there...
I agree wholeheartedly with that. Even though I suffered through much of The Last Chronicles, I still thoroughly enjoyed SRD's writing as a whole.

There were many poetic moments that I deeply appreciated.

It's just that I can't help it if a number of things pissed the hell out of me while reading it! ;)

-jay

This is such a perfect post. :lol: :P
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor

Return to “The Entire Chronicles”