Despite Mideast Turmoil, More French Jews Moving To Israel

Archive From The 'Tank
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

No SS, why would what I said ever give that impression? It seems you are saying if one doesn't categorize something as racism (like, when it's religious based for instance), then one is ok w/such bias?

EDIT: really, my statement was just a pet peeve, b/c the word racism is thrown around all the time, yet I wonder how we even know what a "race" is. I like to say there is one, the human race, but I think it's b/c I'm wary of grouping people up.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Cybr,

Just makeing sure.
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
finn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by finn »

Cybrweez wrote:This is not racism. I'm not even sure why Jews are a race. Who determines what is a race anyway?
Yes 'weez it is: the people targetted by these groups are Black people and Semitic people, they are representatives of "races" not nations. They do not distinguish between those from Cameroon or Sierra Leone or between Arabs & Jews, however Jews are a particular focus largely due to elements in a lot of these groups identifying with Nazism.
"Winston, if you were my husband I'd give you poison" ................ "Madam, if you were my wife I would drink it!"

"Terrorism is war by the poor, and war is terrorism by the rich"

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well."

"The opposite of pro-life isn't pro-death. Y'know?"

"What if the Hokey Cokey really is what its all about?"
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

I forgot to mention this story for the topic. And, surprise! I found it in english!
www.thelocal.se/20140808/sweden-earmark ... ity-israel
Sweden funds massive boost in Jewish security
Published: 08 Aug 2014 12:38 GMT+02:00
Updated: 08 Aug 2014 12:38 GMT+02:00

Facebook Twitter Google+ reddit
In the face of rising religious tensions and increasing anti-Semitism, the Swedish government has approved a donation of two million kronor for increasing security for Jewish congregations.

US Congress gives gold medal to Swedish hero (09 Jul 14)
'Malmö has not become safer for Jews': rabbi (09 Jul 14)
"Of course we're tremendously grateful for the donation," Lena Posner-Korosi, president of the Official Council of Swedish-Jewish Communities (Judiska Centralrådet i Sverige, JC) told The Local.

"That the government has given us this money is a confirmation that they take our situation seriously and care about our safety."

Despite being ranked the least anti-Semitic country in Europe, Sweden has seen a dramatic increase in the number of threats against Jews in the country.

Last week a passerby threw a bottle at a rabbi. Jewish kids have had to face Nazi graffiti at school. And a man was severely beaten last month after hanging an Israeli flag in his window. In short, Sweden as of late has not gotten safer for Jews.

"That we, as Swedes, can still be so exposed... We don't deserve that. So it's worth a lot that the Swedish government gives us this support," Posner-Korosi said.

In light of these recent developments, the Swedish government has decided to give two million kronor ($289,166) to the JC.

"Open anti-Semitism is worse than it has ever been," Integration Minister Erik Ullenhag explained in a government statement.

"Swedes who are part of the Jewish minority are suddenly being held responsible for the state of Israel's actions. It's abominable that this hate towards Jews is so common, and it is our duty to fight the poison of anti-Semitism."

The donation will be distributed to various Jewish congregations for the purpose of increasing security.

"The money will be used for perimeter protection," Posner-Korosi explained. "It will be used for reinforcing doors, windows, locks, adding cameras... making it more difficult to get in."

Posner-Korosi said that the first step will be to complete an inventory of Jewish congregations to determine where the money is needed the most.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can

Return to “Coercri”