anno frankenstein by johnathan green

A place for anything *not* Donaldson.

Moderator: I'm Murrin

peter
The Gap Into Spam

anno frankenstein by johnathan green

Post by peter »

3/4 of the way through this rip-roaring steam-punk adventure set in an alternative 1930's where an automaton and dead-body soldier empowered Nazi regime is targeted by an odd assemblage of behind the lines opperatives including no less than the infamous 'Dr Jekell' revived from cryo-stasis.

In the last scene I read an unabashedly 'hulk-like' Mr Hyde engages in a tarmac scouring battle on top of a dam with an equally huge and powefull leviathon created in the revamped Frankenstein laboratories under the eponymous castle. At the same time a leather coated devil in the form of Colonel Teufel [complete with 'Elvira with nuts' style sidekick'] persues a bunch of 'baby-doll' saboteurs led by the handsome Hercules Quicksilver, dapper gentalmen and agent of the Crown, through the forrests of the Rhine. All we need now to complete the set is the were-wolf!

This is guilty pleasure [deep it ain't] for anybody with anything resembling a pulse. It turns out to be the nth book in the series [but seems pretty 'standalone' to me] entitled pax brittania and I'm really pleased to have found it grubbing around in the sci-fi section of my local library. I've got a feeling me and pax britannia are going to be friends! ;)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Sounds like fun. :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Yes Ali - the lycanthrope showed up right on cue! [But I was a little premature in stating that the novel is stand alone; it is, but there is still a story arc running through the 8 novels of the series. I've ordered the first three in omnibus form cheap as chips.]
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

:lol: Yeah, I think it's a rule: vampires gotta have lycanthropes. It's like it's a symbiotic relationship or something....

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/

Return to “General Fantasy/Sci-Fi Discussion”