Anyone here a musician?

Who's listening to what, what's going on in the music industry....

Moderators: StevieG, dANdeLION, lucimay

Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Zarathustra wrote:
Cagliostro wrote:...Back in the 80's, so many of the punk bands I saw were kids bitching about their parents, so I want to make it like an 80's punk but the parents bitching about their kids. Put on a kind of act that sometimes takes it too far, but also songs about 40-somethings that ring true, such as health concerns and the like. ...
Lyric ideas:

I refuse to get bifocals!!
Fuck the bifocals!!
Fuck the bifocals!!
I will put off that day,
Push the world away,
Keep you all at arm's length!
I missed this before. Fantastic! See, the songs just write themselves.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
DoctorGamgee
Bloodguard

Post by DoctorGamgee »

Zarathustra wrote:I finally uploaded the song I was working on last year. I still wish there were better transitions between the parts (esp. parts 3-4), and the end needs to be rerecorded, but I put the song away for a while during my divorce, haven't had the heart to work on it for a while. Anyway, it's about bipolar disease and how that robs you of your "birthright" to be a whole, sane person. It affected me deeply in my personal life (see above: divorce).

Birthright

All bass, no 6-string. Layers upon layers of BASS! Yeah. :biggrin:

[Previous disclaimers apply: demo quality, cheap equipment. I recommend headphones.]
So clearly I am late to the party. But Z, this song, Birthright, is simply amazing. I absolutely love it. Rhythmically striking and diverse, moments of total change up, which speaks to the subject matter, and excellently crafted. Kudos!
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

DoctorGamgee wrote:
Zarathustra wrote:I finally uploaded the song I was working on last year. I still wish there were better transitions between the parts (esp. parts 3-4), and the end needs to be rerecorded, but I put the song away for a while during my divorce, haven't had the heart to work on it for a while. Anyway, it's about bipolar disease and how that robs you of your "birthright" to be a whole, sane person. It affected me deeply in my personal life (see above: divorce).

Birthright

All bass, no 6-string. Layers upon layers of BASS! Yeah. :biggrin:

[Previous disclaimers apply: demo quality, cheap equipment. I recommend headphones.]
So clearly I am late to the party. But Z, this song, Birthright, is simply amazing. I absolutely love it. Rhythmically striking and diverse, moments of total change up, which speaks to the subject matter, and excellently crafted. Kudos!
I agree. This song is brilliant. I love the change-ups and the diversity in the sound. Would love to see what a good band could do with this!!!
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Wow, thanks guys!

i jammed with a band over the weekend. They need a bass player. They liked my songs too. So maybe I will finally see what they sound like played by a real band.

I did eventually break down and get bifocals recently. Lol.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
DoctorGamgee
Bloodguard

Post by DoctorGamgee »

Zarathustra wrote:I did eventually break down and get bifocals recently. Lol.
Well...if you change the rhythms because now you can SEE them, you are going to lose your street cred. LOL! :biggrin:
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

8) Found out today my guitar is a Kay ET-100.

Now, if I can only figure how to play the thing!
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Lazy Luke wrote:Anyone use TC Electronics?
They make top notch guitar pedals, and with really great sounding names, like:
Thunderstorm Flanger, Dreamscape Modulator, 3rd Dimension Chorus, Dark Matter Distortion ...

the HyperGravity multi-band compressor.
... goes through batteries like you wouldn't believe, so be sure to use a wall wart power adapter.
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Every once in while something very inspiring comes along to boost creativity and fun. In this case it's one of the Parametric EQ presets in my fave DAW. Using the EQ to eliminate background hum or boom proves that this low-key plugin is a very powerful tool.

So yeah, here's an example of how I found use for the OO preset.
Say there's some background noise resonating around two notes. Sweeping one of the notch filters across the freq band will find the offending hum.
Then simply tweeking the sliders will attenuate the noise.
Hey presto - clear and great sounding notes!

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

I really need s band that
Needs a lyricist.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

The Towers of Piscarius