TLD Cartoons

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

TLD Cartoons

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Very few people read the Dissections, so collecting some attached cartoons here. Mainly scenes that made me go "Wut?" or laugh out loud. What do you think was the most genuinely or unwittingly amusing occasion in the book? She Who Must Not's foulslap stands high on my list...

Covenant serving as the Lurker's wild magic axe.

Finished this yesterday. There's a moment in the fane-building chapter where SRD's Wagner fanboyism flares up and Rime resembles something straight out of Die Valküre. Her fair shieldmaidens were less enthusiastic to get dragged awake and join in the ha ha ha ha heiaha...

"I bet you have never moaned in your entire life!"
Poor clueless Jeremiah in chapter 8.

Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Damn fine work, Frosty. Actually, I rather enjoyed the fact that the Giantesses had a sly and risque but not bawdy sense of humor--they managed to say what they wanted to say without actually saying it.

The dark outlines really complete the work. That is an interesting hairstyle Jeremiah has--reminds me of a pompadour. Not the ladies' hairstyle, of course, but like a greaser from the 50s.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Thanks. :lol: I'm not sure where Jeremiah's hairstyle came from...if I'd draw him realistically, it might be different. The mop now infesting his upstairs floor was the first I tried...and somehow I cannot picture him elsewise in his cartoon form. Could be a residue from some of the umpteen animated shows I've watched...

I wish we'd heard some more sillybuggery from the titans, but one can only laugh so much while the world wanes...
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

The Fonz!

Brilliant pics Frosty. I love how you make the giants all look so different. I always imagine them looking the same height, same girth, different faces of course. :)
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Thanks. :D What kinds of faces did you imagine them?

Why ought they have the same body shape, though? ;) Aboard Starfare's Gem, we had the slim and graceful First, bulky and stolid Heft, Grimmand with his chest "as deep as the trunk of an oak"... Anyway, I always thought Cabledarm and Grueburn were the two mastodons among the group, what with comparing biceps and all such twee ladylike behavior. :P
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

I don't think I imagined any faces for them. I'm not at all artistic so don't really see a detailed picture in my mind. I suppose I just thought of them as tall people. Your drawings have brought them to life. :)

BTW, Lincoln Castle and all the new gubbins will be ready by April-May next year when the Magna Carta will be officially handed over to the Castle by the Cathedral. There is going to be a big display about the prison, with voice overs by famous actors etc. You should come back to see it then.
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Glad to hear that. :D Anyhow, they wouldn't be able to support their own weight if they shared proportions with regular humans.

Oi, have to keep that in mind! All of my next year's vacation time is yet unallocated and cannot make definite timing plans yet, but England's on my list and we should meet sometime 2015 again! :D
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Re: TLD Cartoons

Post by Sorus »

Frostheart Grueburn wrote:
Covenant serving as the Lurker's wild magic axe.
The look on his face is priceless.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

Great art, Frostheart. I love the giants. Middle one is fabulous.

It might have improved the first cartoon (more artwork really) if you added movement lines showing that Covenant and his sword just swung away from that cut. And maybe made the two monsters more distinguishable by giving them different color auras.
A little knowledge is still better than no knowledge.
Morning
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Morning »

O
M
F
A
Ardet nec Consumitur.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Thanks guys. Here's a new one, if I could just get the dissection up from all these recurring internal server errors!

From a wild magic axe to wild magic log. Yay.

shadowbinding shoe wrote: It might have improved the first cartoon (more artwork really) if you added movement lines showing that Covenant and his sword just swung away from that cut. And maybe made the two monsters more distinguishable by giving them different color auras.
I tried the first in an intermediate state and it did not look good. How's your display reproducing colors, as the possessed tentacle's distinctly darker?
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Funny, Softy! That had to be the most absurd scene in the books.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
michaelm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by michaelm »

These are awesome! Good stuff!
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Giant marshmallows were not pink! They were more of a goldenrod. And Giants never used a stick ... the held the marshmallows in the palms of their hands until they melted, and then ate them. And watch out for the prankster who slapped your hand and got melted marshmallow all over your face! Embarassing, yet oddly grief-releaving.
michaelm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by michaelm »

wayfriend wrote:And watch out for the prankster who slapped your hand and got melted marshmallow all over your face! Embarassing, yet oddly grief-releaving.
Maybe so, but the frustration of picking it all out of your beard afterwards tends to counteract the effect...
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

:lol: :lol:
Weeell...I'm not certain about Stoutgirth, but at least Pitchwife was used to cleaning his whiskers after licking Gossamer's special honeymead from her...cup, so why should a few marshmallows matter.

Thanks folks!
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Just was directed to this thread by u's "What's trending on the Watch"... so I've just seen all 4 of these for the first time.
Frostheart wrote:SRD's Wagner fanboyism
I am amused by that expression!

The way you did Rime... she's so stern, captainly, immovable as granite.
I like the thoughts swirling through Jeremiah's mind.

In "I bet you have never moaned in your entire life!" ...your choice of where to position the characters is great.
The joke is LITERALLY - not just figuratively - going 'right over his head'.

I'm also amused by Jeremiah's pony pj's, you mischievous one!
Iolanthe wrote:I love how you make the giants all look so different. I always imagine them looking the same height, same girth, different faces of course. :)
I was thinking the same thing!

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”