How friendly is "Too Friendly" Catcalling on the s

Archive From The 'Tank
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Zarathustra,

Context. Random men yelling at a random woman in the street is just... wrong. Would this be okay if all men did this all the time? A woman looks nice as she walks through your office and all the men in the office stop what they are doing to watch her walk by, everyone exclaming "Damn!"

Would that be okay?
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

I think men yelling at women in any context is wrong, or at least inappropriate. And in the workplace, context changes enough that sexual harassment becomes a valid point. You're sort of a captive audience at work; you have little choice in being there if you want to continue earning a living.

However, I've had women shout at me from their cars while I was jogging in very tight, muscle-accentuating compression shirts. It didn't bother me in the slightest. But perhaps that's because I know that no woman is going to overpower me and rape me. So I can see how it might be intimidating for a woman, especially if the guy is yelling.

But, as we've been saying, MOST of the men in the video were nice, polite, and friendly. Sure, they were probably flirting. But when the women's movement starts to portray normal, healthy, friendly behaviors of men as some kind of problem--so they'll have an "issue" to champion--then this is more anti-guy than pro-woman. This is a smear campaign. It's propaganda. And it's insulting to men. It's an attempt to deny men THEIR sexuality. The women's movement never hesitates to champion a woman's sexuality. That, apparently, is perfectly valid and liberating and healthy. But they want to neuter men, figuratively. It's hypocrisy.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Zarathustra,

I agree most of the "catcalls" weren't that bad. Some were simply guys saying "Hello" and "Have a nice day". Others, however, were less okay. The "Damn!"s and the two guys who felt the need to follow the woman around, definately not cool.
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Cail wrote:Priceless
the best parody yet.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Coercri”