Red Hot Chili Peppers

Who's listening to what, what's going on in the music industry....

Moderators: StevieG, dANdeLION, lucimay

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

how have I missed this song?

Pink as Floyd

and I love how the Peppers hit a groove and just ride it, they seem so lock step here - pure magic.

Snow (Hey Oh)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Their new album comes out early May, I've heard. We're pretty excited.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

My god, for guys in their 50s, these guys are still rocking harder than guys half their age. This was recorded last night, full concert, excellent quality. If all you do is watch the last song (Give It Away), you have to see this. But the jam starts in the first 20 seconds and doesn't stop for 1.5 hours. They sound just as good--if not better--as they ever have. Nearly every song has extended jams where they are just tearing it up. Amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8TZ3eCpRM0
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Zarathustra wrote: I can't stress enough how good Stadium Arcadium is.
I agree; it's ridiculously great; my favorite RHCP album by far.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

I've got tickets for May 2017, 5th row on the floor. Woo hoo! Here is a band still in their musical prime. And they all seem to love playing! I like that.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

We saw the boys Tuesday. Phenomenal show. If you get a chance, you've got to check them out. Sure, they play lots of new stuff from the latest two albums, but plenty of older stuff, too. Seeing the live jams of studio songs, and the energy they bring to live performance, is definitely worth it. You don't see people rocking this hard at any age nowadays. They run circles around people half their age. Their shows are about pure fun. You can almost feel the California sunshine in the dark stadium ... :)
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

So, I don't know if you all have heard the news (now 2 years old) but the Peppers have rejoined with John Frusciante, who was their almost original guitarist, ignoring some guy you've never heard of, and was with them on their biggest albums and all the greatest hits. Anyway, they're reunited. And they have a new album. And a new tour. Get tix while you can. I just paid $2700 for two right up front. So, yeah, pricey. But life is short. This is a tour the world has been waiting for since 2006 when John left the band.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Well here I am again, preaching the news of RHCP. It's now 8 years since I've rediscovered them. They not only have rejoined with John Frusciante, but they have recorded TWO double albums and are releasing both in the same year! The first album was pretty good. They claim to have held back the best for the 2nd album. Regardless, they are fucking rocking on tour. I'll see them in two days, but I've been checking out the youtube videos of the current tour. It's astonishiing.

I can't stress this enough: there is no other band this old still performing this close to their peak. This is an 80s band that can kick the ass of anything 20 years or more newer. You won't see a concert with this much energy and musicianship from any other band, possibly in what remains of our lifetimes. I'm serious. We might get another tour or two from them, but they're in their 60s . . . still performing like they were 20 years younger. It's all going to end someday, catch this band while they're still here.

Return to “Vespers”