The Best Terrible Movie Ever

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

The Best Terrible Movie Ever

Post by Fist and Faith »

The opposite of peter's 'Films you should have loved ...... but hated.' What movie that is terrible for various reasons do you love?

Billy Jack is my winner. Horrifying acting, most especially from Delores Taylor. Writing that's so over the top, riddled with cliches. But I freakin' love it! :D Can't imagine how many times I've watched it. I have the four movie box on dvd.

(Born Losers is pretty bad, too, but definitely watchable. The Trial of Billy Jack and Billy Jack Goes to Washington aren't watchable. I did once each, but can't get far into either again before turning it off.)
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Wildling
Giantfriend

Post by Wildling »

Friday The 13th Part 6.

I KNOW it's not even close to being a good example of film-making. I KNOW it's another repetition in an endlessly repetitive series of films.

And yet ...

There's just something more ... fun about it than there was in the previous four or the next several movies. Almost like that's the point where the film-makers realized that this was not Oscar-worthy material and decided to enjoy themselves instead.
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Re: The Best Terrible Movie Ever

Post by lorin »

Fist and Faith wrote: Billy Jack is my winner. Horrifying acting, most especially from Delores Taylor. Writing that's so over the top, riddled with cliches. But I freakin' love it! :D Can't imagine how many times I've watched it. I have the four movie box on dvd.
Billy Jack was a absolute favorite bad movie. Others on my list are

The Creeping Terror which was actually a bunch of people under a carpet crawling along the floor.

Plan 9 from outer space - it was so bad in so many ways you just have to see it to believe it.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Norwegian zombie film called Dead Snow. Nazi zombies left over from world war two. Had the nastiest, dirtiest sex scene in any movie ever, too. Not from what you see, but from where it is and the situation.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I am an unashamed fan of Nothing But Trouble. It is a truly terrible movie that has me in stitches every time I watch it.

The Jerry Reed/Dom DeLuise travesty Hot Stuff. It's painfully awful, yet I laugh all the way through.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Mine is Lady in the Water by M. Night Shyamalan (24% Critics, 49% Audience on Rotten Tomatoes). It is the only movie ever where a growing sense of ridiculousness ended in an outright belly laugh from me in the middle of a theatre. The person with me looked at me strangely first and then joined in.

I think there might have been some sort of worthy effort hiding in there, but Mr. Shyamalan just couldn't dig it out. (His own performance was notably bad. Why does he insist and putting himself into his movies?!)

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

The Happening by M. Night. horrible acting by Wahlberg and Zooey. you have to wonder if it was intentional.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Oh, and I have to give a shout out to The Dark Backward. The thrilling story of two garbagemen (Judd Nelson and Bill Paxton) who stumble across some toxic waste, become stand-up comedians, and Nelson grows a third arm out of his back.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Streets of Fire comes to mind. I watch this every year or two. I can't explain it - I know the acting isn't great, Rick Moranis is wasted, William Dafoe is over-the-top, the dialogue is bad, most of the music is too. Still, I love this film! I think it's part nostalgia, part I've been nuts about Diane Lane ever since I first saw it.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Straight To Hell. I'm not sure if it was ever intended to be anything more than just Alex Cox gathering together many of his music buddies and filming a movie while having a big party, but the humor in it is fantastic. I've watched it a lot more times than I probably should have, and it is such a joy. But admittedly, it is a crap film. And the frequently screaming Courtney Love makes it occasionally like fingernails on a chalkboard.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

dlbpharmd wrote:Streets of Fire comes to mind.
OMG, yes. W.D. in leather bib-overalls!

I agree with a couple above, too...Billy Jack, Plan 9.

It may be a bit cliche and/or cheating [cuz it is bad on purpose]
But "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" is one of mine. The soundtrack is extra-special.

But "Frogs." It is awful...and I just keep watching it. It has some fairly well-known/respected folk in the cast, too. Like Sam Elliot.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
michaelm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by michaelm »

Paul Blart - Mall Cop. It's terrible, but I kind of liked it.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

There was something with giant worms -- "Tremors", maybe? -- that a former co-worker thought was the best bad movie of all time. :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Cagliostro wrote:Straight To Hell. I'm not sure if it was ever intended to be anything more than just Alex Cox gathering together many of his music buddies and filming a movie while having a big party, but the humor in it is fantastic. I've watched it a lot more times than I probably should have, and it is such a joy. But admittedly, it is a crap film. And the frequently screaming Courtney Love makes it occasionally like fingernails on a chalkboard.
Yeah, Straight to Hell is awesome/awful in just the right measure.
aliantha wrote:There was something with giant worms -- "Tremors", maybe? -- that a former co-worker thought was the best bad movie of all time. :lol:
I forgot about Tremors. Great movie, we used to watch it a lot in college.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Count me in the Billy Jack fan base.
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Highway to Hell

one of my favorite terrible comedies. Great movie!
www.imdb.com/title/tt0104418/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Beezle: Hey, Charlie, suppose I made you quarterback of the Rams? Would you give me Rachel and Adam?
Charlie: You know, if you'd said the Niners, I might have said yes. But you didn't. So go to Hell.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I actually like Joe vs The Volcano and The Money Pit.

I just lost all credibility didn't I?
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

aTOMiC wrote:I actually like Joe vs The Volcano and The Money Pit.

The only part of The Money Pit that I remember is Tom Hanks's maniacal laughter when the tub falls through the floor. I love that scene.

Joe vs The Volcano is great.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

aTOMiC wrote: The Money Pit.

I didn't see it...
But the original [Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House] is pretty entertaining.
And I say that not being a huge Cary Grant or older film fan.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Vraith wrote:
aTOMiC wrote: The Money Pit.

I didn't see it...
But the original [Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House] is pretty entertaining.
And I say that not being a huge Cary Grant or older film fan.
Well that's pretty cool. I wasn't aware of the older version. I'll have to check it out. I'm not a huge Cary Grant fan but my favorite Hitchcock film is North by Northwest.

Thanks for the tip.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart

Return to “Flicks”