Archive From The 'Tank
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Family of Armed Robber rallies to Robber's defense

Post by SerScot »

Anyone else seen this:

m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4323080

From the article:
The family members of a robbery suspect that held a store employee at gunpoint in Alabama are lashing out at the Good Samaritan who shot him and stopped the robbery.

Adric White, 18, was shot five times after he allegedly tried to hold up a Family Dollar store in Mobile on Nov. 12.

FOX10 spoke exclusively to both the unnamed Good Samaritan and the family members of White. They're livid that their son was shot while pointing a gun in someone's face.

“If [the customer's] life was not in danger, if no one had a gun up to him, if no one pointed a gun at him - what gives him the right to think that it's okay to just shoot someone?” a relative, who wished to remain anonymous, told FOX10. “You should have just left the store and went wherever you had to go in your car or whatever.”

But when the suspect pulled out a gun at about 5:30 p.m., the Good Samaritan did too.

“He had the gun to his head. He had him on his knees,” said the Good Samaritan, who wished to remain anonymous. “I drew my gun on him and I said 'Hey don't move.' At that point he swung around and before he had a chance to aim the gun at me I fired. I didn’t want to shoot him.”
That they are defending the robber is not terribly shocking. That they are willing to savage the good samaritan is just sad.
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Not shocking in the least. Maybe we'll make a civil rights hero out of the robber.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Clearly racism is at play here.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Cail,

I think the GS was black.
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

I'm sure it will catch on cuz it's black people...and become a media firestorm...eventually....maybe...Any second now...CNN should start the 24/7 machine, right about nnnnooooow....ok...um....now! Wait a sec...NOW?...only been a year and a bit...

There's also part where the "anonymous family member" said they didn't know what had happened [at the time she was being interviewed]....and the part where, apparently, the family didn't WANT the situation spread all over the media. [they asked the station not to broadcast].

You can't find the vid at the station that broadcast it anymore.
You can find pieces of it on youtube. With a black guy taking on the family and supporting the samaritan.

[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Vraith,

Here's the report with the interview with the good samaritan:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QiRYkLdxoXE
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

SerScot wrote:Cail,

I think the GS was black.
Well then, clearly racist.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Re: Family of Armed Robber rallies to Robber's defense

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

SerScot wrote:
“If [the customer's] life was not in danger, if no one had a gun up to him, if no one pointed a gun at him - what gives him the right to think that it's okay to just shoot someone?” a relative, who wished to remain anonymous, told FOX10.
This is my favorite part. The good Samaritan doesn't have the right to shoot someone else when he isn't the one being threatened but the would-be robber does have the right to shoot when his life isn't be threatened by the store's employee? Really?

This sort of lack-of-consequences philosophy is why the would-be robber was a would-be robber in the first place--he grew up surrounded by people who never instilled into him the values of taking responsibility for yourself and your actionsor to have respect for others.
Many people use the phrase "if I were a betting man" but I actually am a betting man: $5 says this isn't his first attempt at armed robbery and another $5 says he went through the revolving door of the county juvenile detention center at least three times.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Harbinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Harbinger »

The GS clearly did not intend to kill him. The fam should be grateful.
Never underestimate the power of denial. - Ricky Fitts

Return to “Coercri”