New York Lorefest

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

DC fest next summer, maybe? What do you guys think? I can't host, but I can volunteer to plan it. (What the hell am I thinking? 8O Somebody shoot me before this gets any further along...)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Avatar wrote:Sheesh, tell LM if he's meeting up with you, he better bloody well pop in to the actual forum too again. ;)

--A
Maybe . . . Possibly :biggrin:

Well, I'm at JFK airport waiting for my flight. My holiday is over, unfortunately. But I've had a wonderful time in New York. I'll report on the Lorefest when I get home. But suffice to say I really enjoyed spending the day with good friends.
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Loremaster wrote:
Avatar wrote:Sheesh, tell LM if he's meeting up with you, he better bloody well pop in to the actual forum too again. ;)

--A

Well, I'm at JFK airport waiting for my flight. My holiday is over, unfortunately. But I've had a wonderful time in New York. I'll report on the Lorefest when I get home. But suffice to say I really enjoyed spending the day with good friends.
It was amazing spending time with you guys (and gal). Please don't be a stranger.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

aliantha wrote:DC fest next summer, maybe? What do you guys think? I can't host, but I can volunteer to plan it. (What the hell am I thinking? 8O Somebody shoot me before this gets any further along...)
I've never been to DC...
Loremaster wrote:

--A
:wave:
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I've shut down my Facebook page, so hoping other KW members can communicate with me via this thread if they want to meet me in New York next week.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

My god! It lives. :D

Nice to see you around finally Lore. Screw Facebook anyway.. :D

--A
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Avatar wrote:My god! It lives. :D

Nice to see you around finally Lore. Screw Facebook anyway.. :D

--A
Thank you Avatar 😀
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Lore!

Gee, just too [expletive] short notice to arrange to travel to New York City from Seattle.

Enjoyed meeting you five years ago at Elohimfest when I was (as usual) representing the Andelain Taxi Service. Maybe another time?
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Savor Dam wrote:Lore!

Gee, just too [expletive] short notice to arrange to travel to New York City from Seattle.

Enjoyed meeting you five years ago at Elohimfest when I was (as usual) representing the Andelain Taxi Service. Maybe another time?
That would be lovely. There's a very real possibility I may be moving to the US next year (but likely London), and so we will have plenty of opportunity to catch up then.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

* waving madly *
Enjoy the Big Apple!

Post by Avatar »

Loremaster wrote:Thank you Avatar 😀
Good to see you around again mate. Tell your wastrel brother to show his face sometime too. :D And stick around yourself. ;)

--A
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I took Lore on a 3-mile hike in the mountains. A little bit of climbing was involved, though not so serious that people use ropes and stuff. Then along the ridge, and through some forest. (No, I did not have the trees tear him limb from limb. Bygones, eh? I only hope he was as forgiving, and kept his mutagens to himself. I saw nothing suspicious.) We went to a nice Thai place, then home for the pecan pie is made that morning. He had a few pictures, which I'll try to get posted. It was a joy to see him again.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Fist and Faith wrote:I took Lore on a 3-mile hike in the mountains. A little bit of climbing was involved, though not so serious that people use ropes and stuff. Then along the ridge, and through some forest. (No, I did not have the trees tear him limb from limb. Bygones, eh? I only hope he was as forgiving, and kept his mutagens to himself. I saw nothing suspicious.)
:lol:
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Fist then handed Lore off to me. Well, more or less -- he got him on the train, and then Lore met me when my bus arrived. :lol: Walking was again the order of the day, as we traipsed all over Central Park in the afternoon. The only photos I got were of scenery in the park -- and one of the Naked Cowboy in Times Square. :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

Post by Avatar »

I was like a Loremaster relay? Weird. :lol:

;)

--A
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

why no Lore in Texas?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Sorry for the delay in my post here - have been very busy at university with my doctorate.

I'd like to thank Fist and his wife, and Aliantha, for the wonderful times I spent with them. Trekking across upper-state New York was great, and Fist was an excellent host. I really should upload some of the pics I took.

Aliantha was just great to hang out with - still as funny and insightful. Wandering through Central Park was awesome. Thanks for your company that day.

Regarding Texas - well, there was no conference there, sorry Null. Hopefully another time!

Post by Avatar »

Loremaster wrote:I really should upload some of the pics I took.
Yes, yes you should...

--A
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Loremaster wrote:Aliantha was just great to hang out with - still as funny and insightful. Wandering through Central Park was awesome. Thanks for your company that day.
You're welcome -- and thanks for your company, too. :)

EZ Board Survivor

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”