Hillary's Email Scandal

Archive From The 'Tank
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Zarathustra wrote:Close the thread if you want, but you'll have to reopen it. 8)
:mrgreen:
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

You think Trump is really going to try and put her in jail for this? :D

--A
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

No. She isn't worth the effort.

Post by Avatar »

Might disappoint some of his voters...

--A
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

They'll just have to get over it.

Both Clintons are history now. Current Democrats are re-examining everything over the last year to figure out what happened--they lost the Presidency, lost seats in the House, lost governorships, etc--and the single greatest problem they are finding is HRC, followed closely by the current powers-that-be at the DNC. Wasserman-Schultz singlehandedly steered the Party to try and line up behind the anointed HRC and they would tolerate no dissent from the unwashed Sanders heathens. Once anointed, HRC ignored the Democrat voters in what would become the swing States which turned red. Her own recent history--private e-mail server, lying about Benghazi, schmoozing with Middle Eastern countries, shutting out Sanders--combined with Bill's legacy of touch sentencing laws that put a lot of black people in jail needlessly, loose trade deals which gave corporations access to workers they could underpay, and the breaking of Glass-Steagall which led directly to TARP resulted in a Democrat Party that doesn't look like traditional Democrats any more.

No, Trump needs to leave HRC alone. She now lives in the world she has made.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

The FBI is investigating her entire inner circle, especially the Clinton Foundation. I think that's why she was so desperate to become President, to shut down those investigations. I think the Clintons are guilty of horrific crimes that will soon come to light, and the American people will realize what a bullet they dodged.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

That makes you wonder what news stories are being buried under all the hype over the whiny protests. Of course, if you thought they were shredding documents and deleting e-mail messages before, I am certain the shredders are working overtime right now as everyone is desperately trying to hide everything they can.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I saw an article last night--I will have to find the link--which listed the problems surrounding the possibility that Obama may pardon Hillary over the e-mail disaster.

If he issues a pardon, she has to accept it in order for it to take effect. If she accepts it, then she pretty much admits to being guilty over mishandling government documents and obstructing justice while she was Secretary of State in Obama's Administration, meaning that the crimes were occurring under his very nose. At that point the question becomes "was he unaware of her actions?". If the answer is "yes" then he was not actually in control of his own Cabinet but if the answer is "no" then he knew she was engaged in breaking the law and did nothing about it, making him complicit in her guilt.

If he doesn't issue a pardon, the possibility exists that the Trump Administration might direct the DoJ and Attorney General to press charges against her. In my opinion this would not be a good idea because it will set up the situation where the first thing a new Administration does is pursue criminal charges against high-ranking officials from the previous Administration. If you think people won't resort to getting revenge then you haven't been paying attention to politicians lately.

Either way, Hillary managed to create a problem for Obama that will tarnish his legacy no matter what happens. That is her revenge on him for a) stealing her nomination in 2008 (from her point of view) and b) not making her the VP candidate in 2012.
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Both Clintons are history now.
She now lives in the world she has made.
Disagree with that first one. One thing you never underestimate is the Clinton political machine. It has gone dormant, it looked like it has disappeared at one time. It lulls you into looking at other things but it never disappeared.
It reappears at it's most advantages of time and strikes deeply into the political arena. The only way it will go away is when both have gone the way of the dodo.

It isn't now lives in a world she has made. It's more like.

She always lived in the world she chose to make.

I have seen 30 years of it and it was exactly the same as it is now.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:At that point the question becomes "was he unaware of her actions?".
He was using an alias to email her on her private server. Of course he knew what she was doing.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Zarathustra wrote:
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:At that point the question becomes "was he unaware of her actions?".
He was using an alias to email her on her private server. Of course he knew what she was doing.
Now that you mention it...yes, he did. That adds a new wrinkle to the overall problem.
Ur Dead wrote: It isn't now lives in a world she has made. It's more like.

She always lived in the world she chose to make.
We all live in the world we make for ourselves, living the life that we have chosen. That can be a sobering fact from time to time.

update: The Obama Administration is expelling 35 suspected Russian spies from the United States, giving them 72 hours to leave the country but not Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak. The Administration is also implementing sanctions against the FSB and the GRU, although how such sanctions can actually be carried out is anyone's guess--they aren't our agencies. Freeze the assets they may have in banks here? *shrug*

Anyway, this is probably the worst our relations with Russia have been since Gorbachev tore down the Wall.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

This is what happens when a petulant child is in charge of foreign relations.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Cail wrote:This is what happens when a petulant child is in charge of foreign relations.
2012 called and it wants Mitt Romney's foreign policy back.

Obama has never been held accountable by the mainstream media for being a massive dumbass who was wholly unqualified to be President. Even after 4 years of doing the job, he was still dumb as shit about global politics. I can't believe Dems have any problem with Trump after the demonstrable dumbassery of Obama and Hillary.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Zarathustra wrote:
Cail wrote:This is what happens when a petulant child is in charge of foreign relations.
2012 called and it wants Mitt Romney's foreign policy back.

Obama has never been held accountable by the mainstream media for being a massive dumbass who was wholly unqualified to be President. Even after 4 years of doing the job, he was still dumb as shit about global politics. I can't believe Dems have any problem with Trump after the demonstrable dumbassery of Obama and Hillary.
Between his actions towards Russia and Israel this week, it appears that he's purposely causing problems for the Trump administration.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Cail wrote:Between his actions towards Russia and Israel this week, it appears that he's purposely causing problems for the Trump administration.
Obama has become the type of soon-to-be-ex-employee who goes around the office deleting files off computers, shredding documents, and generally making an ass of themselves before security walks them to the door.

Putin isn't playing the game, though. In their official statement--warning: the text is in Cyrillic--the Kremlin is not expelling any U. S. diplomats. In fact, Putin wished them all well and made certain to invite all diplomatic families to New Year's events at the Kremlin.

Post by Avatar »

Don't think it will do Trump any harm...he already praised Putin's response...everyone knows it's last gasp sorta stuff.

--A
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Avatar wrote:Don't think it will do Trump any harm...he already praised Putin's response...everyone knows it's last gasp sorta stuff.
Really? You don't think that poisoning the well with Israel and Russia will do any harm? Do tell....
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Love to see Russia take over the Israel lead...
Then they can support that country with billions while we save our funds.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?

Post by Avatar »

Cail wrote:
Avatar wrote:Don't think it will do Trump any harm...he already praised Putin's response...everyone knows it's last gasp sorta stuff.
Really? You don't think that poisoning the well with Israel and Russia will do any harm? Do tell....
Obama is gone. First thing Trump will do is say how he had nothing to do with it (obviously true), and that his predecessors opinions/aims are not his, and he'll make some nice with them and they'll be happy to accept knowing his reign will probably benefit them.

Neither of them will hold it against Trump.

If any well is being poisoned, it might be the Chinese one by Trump himself, unless he backtracks on the Taiwan thing too.

--A
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Cail wrote:
Obama is gone. First thing Trump will do is say how he had nothing to do with it (obviously true), and that his predecessors opinions/aims are not his, and he'll make some nice with them and they'll be happy to accept knowing his reign will probably benefit them.

Neither of them will hold it against Trump.

If any well is being poisoned, it might be the Chinese one by Trump himself, unless he backtracks on the Taiwan thing too.
So in a couple of weeks, Bibi will restore relations with the 12 countries he's just curbed them with? Just because Trump had nothing to do with this?

You really don't get politics, do you Av?

Return to “Coercri”