[1] Christ is Risen!

Free discussion of anything human or divine ~ Philosophy, Religion and Spirituality

Moderators: Xar, Fist and Faith

Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

[1] Christ is Risen!

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

Truly, He is Risen!

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

He is risen indeed!

I learned two things today....

1. John was just like we are in that when he wrote the Gospel of John, he didnt neglect to tell everyone how important he was. So when Mary M. found the tomb was empty, she ran to tell peter and the one Jesus loved the most (yeah that would be John). After she gave the news, they ran to the tomb and John outran Peter to the tomb. :lol:

2. If you are discussing Gay marriage with someone who is Gay and they say,"Tell me where in the New Testament it says Gay marriage is wrong". They really don't want you to do that, cause as soon as you do they are going to react very negatively 8O . Seems the go-to answer is always, well if you drink or eat shellfish then you are a sinner too... Well OK... yeah that is the point of Jesus sacrifice. :roll:
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

He is risen indeed!

I likey likey the thought that "He shall receive the travail of his soul and be satisfied."
(Here's to hoping that I have a whiff of the flavor of understanding what that even means.)

SoulBiter:
Whaaaatcherdoin' posting any comment on that controversy-stirring hot-button topic on a [1] thread called "[1] Christ is Risen"?
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

AHAHAHAH

Well it was the two things I learned on Easter this year.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Indeed he is Risen!!
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Amen amen amen!!!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

Alithós Anésti!

Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Oh wow.. I've deduced that for the past two thousand years,
around this time we always get a rise out of Jesus.
It seems like an annual event....
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Esmer
Giantfriend

Post by Esmer »

5. And all shall be smitten with fear
And the Watchers shall quake,
And great fear and trembling shall seize them unto the ends of The Land.

https://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/boe004.htm
Last edited by Esmer on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
even God must bend the knee
to the tyrant of eternity
having always been, to always have to be
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

And then Esmer showed up!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Esmer
Giantfriend

Post by Esmer »

"It boots nothing to avoid his snares, for they are ever beset with other snares, and life and death are too intimately intergrown to be severed from each other."

:twisted:
Linna Heartbooger

Esmer?!?
This is like a blast from the past, methinks...
:wave:

Edit: added emoticon. :) emoticons?
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Fist and Faith wrote:And then Esmer showed up!
You have the order wrong...first he showed up, then there will be a great trembling. :lol:

--A
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

You have the order wrong...first he showed up, then there will be a great trembling. :lol:

--A
I know people where the trembling preceded their viewing and
they complained about "darn elephants"
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Esmer
Giantfriend

Post by Esmer »

The Corpus Hermeticum

VII. The Greatest Ill Among Men is Ignorance of God

1. Whither stumble ye, sots, who have sopped up the wine of ignorance and can so far not carry it that ye already even spew it forth?

Stay ye, be sober, gaze upwards with the [true] eyes of the heart! And if ye cannot all, yet ye at least who can!

For that the ill of ignorance doth pour o`er all the earth and overwhelm the soul that's battened down within the body, preventing it from fetching port within Salvation's harbors.

2. Be ye then not carried off by the fierce flood, but using the shore-current, ye who can, make for Salvation's port, and, harboring there, seek ye for one to take you by the hand and lead you unto Gnosis' gates.

Where shines clear Light, of every darkness clean; where not a single soul is drunk, but sober all they gaze with their hearts' eyes on Him who willeth to be seen.

No ear can hear Him, nor can eye see Him, nor tongue speak of Him, but [only] mind and heart.

But first thou must tear off from thee the cloak which thou dost wear - the web of ignorance, the ground of bad, corruption's chain, the carapace of darkness, the living death, sensation's corpse, the tomb thou carriest with thee, the robber in thy house, who through the things he loveth, hateth thee, and through the things he hateth, bears thee malice.

3. Such is the hateful cloak thou wearest - that throttles thee [and holds thee] down to it, in order that thou may'st not gaze above, and having seen the Beauty of the Truth, and Good that dwells therein, detest the bad of it; having found out the plot that it hath schemed against thee, by making void of sense those seeming things which men think senses.

For that it hath with mass of matter blocked them up and crammed them full of loathsome lust, so that thou may'st not hear about the things that thou should'st hear, nor see the things thou should'st see.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Re: [1] Christ is Risen!

Post by Skyweir »

Wosbald wrote:+JMJ+

Truly, He is Risen!
mmm .. the [1] in the title is to distinguish his first rising from another? His numero uno of risings? Cos his second coming is more of a decension, no? The meaning of the [1] is puzzling to me.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Linna Heartbooger

Skyweir wrote:mmm .. the [1] in the title is..
Naww, naww.. here's the background:
One-viewpoint threads

And of course as soon as Fist suggested the convention of "[1]" threads as something Watchers could use to flag threads they create as "not really seeking a debate," well... people immediately thought of objections...
...and I goofed around, reacting with the maturity level of a 13-year-old boy and creating my own a "3" thread:
3 The book "Ten Things I Hate about Jesus"
(Though I remember it was hilarious to me at the time. Like, EXTREMELY hilarious. And then I never answered Orlion as to why I did it...)
Sky wrote:..to distinguish his first rising from another? His numero uno of risings? Cos his second coming is more of a decension, no? The meaning of the [1] is puzzling to me.
yes, more of a descent...
"Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven."

(Sometimes I think it's the Christians in places with a lot of suffering... who have their eyes really fixed on the return of Jesus. Just anecdotally noticed this awhile ago, particularly in Christians from India. They outshine us, in some ways.)
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

--A
Don't forget the wailing and gnashing of teeth!
;)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

peter wrote:Don't forget the wailing and gnashing of teeth!
;)
Hahahahahahaha .. :LOLS:
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Linna Heartbooger wrote:
Skyweir wrote:mmm .. the [1] in the title is..
Naww, naww.. here's the background:
One-viewpoint threads

And of course as soon as Fist suggested the convention of "[1]" threads as something Watchers could use to flag threads they create as "not really seeking a debate," well... people immediately thought of objections...
...and I goofed around, reacting with the maturity level of a 13-year-old boy and creating my own a "3" thread:
3 The book "Ten Things I Hate about Jesus"
(Though I remember it was hilarious to me at the time. Like, EXTREMELY hilarious. And then I never answered Orlion as to why I did it...)
:LOLS: That does sound hilarious .. and mmm .. worth reading.

I am struggling to think of anything I "hate" about the Jesus character .. hes just so darn nice .. with possibly the exception of his losing his shit in the temple .. but I get the pissfuckery that his anger was aimed at.
Linna wrote: (Sometimes I think it's the Christians in places with a lot of suffering... who have their eyes really fixed on the return of Jesus. Just anecdotally noticed this awhile ago, particularly in Christians from India. They outshine us, in some ways.)
Thats interesting isnt it? I guess the humility and christlike attributes one sees in desperate humans living in desperate conditions .. is indeed quite impressive.

As a non Christian and non Godbeliever .. I definitely have seen hypocrisy and a lack of humility and christlike attributes in alleged disciples of the Christ character .. in my developed more comfortable world.

I wonder if the more comfortable humans are, the less their adherence to christlike attributes they feel they need to be? 🤷‍♀️

I am always touched by those with the least .. giving everything they have to the benefit of others or their community. I think there is much to be admired in such behaviour.

I have to say that I highly admire the truly devoted that demonstrate Christlike character .. no, not all the judgey shit .. that so many of the aloof love to laud over others to make themselves feel big

.. but the truly humble souls that dwell among us .. that quietly do what they can to bless and serve others... to show kindness, extend love and
compassion to their fellow humans. That shit is awesome and incredibly admirable.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “The Close”