pitch an idea

Look! Up in the sky! *To be continued...* (This story continued in KW Comics #263)

Moderators: dANdeLION, aTOMiC, sgt.null

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

pitch an idea

Post by sgt.null »

the Secret Six

the Six

1] Signal Man aka Blue Bowman
2] Onyx
3] Prankster (Charlton hero)
4] Cinnamon II
5] Spellbinder I
6] Cluemaster

Bruce Wayne (Batman) and Oliver Queen (Green Arrow) are the money behind the group.

we then meet the support group.

support group

Getaway Genius I
Silent Majority I
Baffler (worked for Cluemaster) aka Headbanger
Puzzler
Master Jailer
Mysto
Mouthpiece II

at one point they fight the Suicide Squad

Suicide Squad

Amanda Waller

1] Rick Flag
2] Bronze Tiger
3] Gypsy
4] Deadshot
5] Captain Boomerang
6] Javelin

Cluemaster slips away for some adventures.

Q Gang

Riddler
Echo
Query
Cluemaster

allies

Question
Flash (Jay Garrick)
Scandal Savage
Manhunter (Kate Spencer)
Romeo Void
Spoiler (Cluemaster's daughter)
Elongated Man
Chronos
Clock King
Odd Man

foes

Gizmo
Catman
Dr. No-Face
Sportsmaster
Ratcatcher
Bad Samaritan
IQ (Ira Quimby)
William Zard (Wizard)
Felix Faust
Ragdoll I
Billy Numerous
Cheshire
Punch & Jewelee
Merlyn the Assassin
Rainbow Raider
Crazy Quilt
Dr. Spectro
Royal Flush Gang

we see the formation of the six. see the inner clock workings, lose some members, gain some members and see the team finally broken up.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Would love to see James Robinson do a retelling of Marvel's awesome '70's group, The Champions!

Black Widow
Hercules
Angel
Iceman
Ghost Rider
Darkstar
Black Goliath
Jack of Hearts

Had the series continued, both Goliath and Jack were set to join.

Three mutants, a demi-god, a demon, two Soviets.

I would include the storyline from Defenders #62-65. In that the Defenders host a recruitment drive. Lots heroes and villains in that one

I would want a series with a heavy '70's feel and two have Robinson touch on the stories we know and show us additional scenes. I want some knowledge of the inner lives of these heroes. And find a way to include Dazzler. I really do miss my childhood
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Btw - a list of those who were in Defenders #62-65.

Angel
Black Goliath
Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)
Captain Ultra
Ms Marvel
Dollar Bill
Falcon
Havok
Hellcat
Son of Satan
Hercules
Hulk
Human Torch
Iron Fist
Iron Man
Jack of Hearts
Power Man (Luke Cage)
Lunatik
Nighthawk (Kyle Richmond)
Nova (Richard Rider)
Paladin
Presence
Prowler
Quasar (Wendell Elvis Vaughn)
Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
Stingray
Tagak
Torpedo (Brock Jones)
Vakyrie Barbara Norris)
White Tiger (Hector Ayala)
Batroc the Leaper
Plantman
Blob
Electro
Looter
Polaris
Porcupine (Alexander Gentry)
Whirlwind
Sagittarius (LMD)
Joe the Gorilla
Leap-Frog
Libra (LMD)
Melter
Pecos
Professor Turk
Shocker
Red Guardian (Tania Belinsky)
Toad
Beetle (Abe Jenkins)
Arisen Tyrk
Gemini
Gemini (LMD)
Millie the Model
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Daredevil & Hellcat

a Daredevil comic but without Kingpin, Elektra, Bullseye and ninjas. instead we follow lawyer Matthew Murdock who falls in love with model Patsy Walker. the two fight crime side by side at night.

set in an alternate universe, this series would focus (much like the Netflix series) on street level heroes and villains. we would reboot the entire concept, jettison the excesses of the Frank Miller era.

I would have a yellow costume Daredevil (in flashbacks) fighting alongside Hellcat. i would also use flashback to show the two character's pasts.

Daredevil : briefly cover the origin, as everyone knows it. show the transition from Netflix costume to yellow costume to red costume. show the many loves of his life.

Hellcat : show her career as Patsy Walker, model. would have to reset her origin to take her out of the Avengers / Defenders mythologies. show the past loves of her life. exclude Son of Satan from her life.

characters I would use.

Greer Grant Nelson - she started out as the Cat, and her original costume would later be used by Hellcat. She would end up becoming Tigra. I would use both incarnations.

Black Panther (T'Challa) - he would replace Hank McCoy (the Beast) in Hellcat's origin. He would initially train her and give her the Cat costume.

Black Cat (Felicia Hardy) : former love interest of Daredevil, occasional foe and occasional team up partner.

Angel (Warren Worthington II) : former lover interest of Hellcat.

Moon Knight (Marc Spector) : fellow hero. I prefer the half crazed version of the character. one who leaves others doubting what is real and unreal.

Blue Shield (Joseph Cartelli) - a hero, who's father was gunned down by the mob. he has a suit that projects a force field around himself.

Black Widow (Natasha Romanova) - former villain/spy, current hero/spy. former link. love interest of Daredevil. no Avengers link, no Iron Man link in this world.

Power Man (Luke Cage) & Iron Fist (Daniel Rand) : Heroes for Hire. Luke Cage would be less powerful to an extent. and in flashback we would see the evolution of their costumes.

Punisher (Frank Castle) : nominal hero. continuing conflict.

El Aquila (Alejandro Montoya) : hero. no longer a mutant, his sword is electrified.

Golden Archer / Black Archer (Wyatt McDonald) : hero turned villain. no longer linked the the Squadron Supreme.

Hawkeye (Clint Barton) : hero.

3-D Man (Charles & Hal Chandler) : hero.

Paladin (Paul Denning) : mercenary, occasional hero.

Chance (Nicholas Powell) : mercenary.

Trapster (Peter Petruski) - villain, not linked to the Frightful Four.

Mr. Fear (Alan Fagan) : current fourth villain to use the name.

Gladiator (Melvin Potter) : sometimes hero, sometimes villain.

Electro (Maxwell Dillion) : villain.

Matador (Manuel Eloganto) : villain.

Man-Bull (William Taurens) : villain.

[/u]
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Marvel Comics - Earth Eleven

S.H.I.E.L.D. Dream Team - Killraven, Bloodstone, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Machine Man

a world where SHIELD creates/employees super heroes.

Killraven (Jonathan Raven) : SHIELD plucked him from Earth-691, a world at war with the Martian Empire.

Bloodstone (Elsa Bloodstone) The daughter of the immortal monster-hunter Ulysses Bloodstone. wears a piece of the Blood gem that gives her an assortment of powers

Black Widow : Former KGB agent Natasha Romanova.

Hawkeye (Clint Barton) : From carnival roustabout to petty thief to troublemaking hero.

Machine Man (X-51/Aaron Stack) : X-51 was originally designed to be a killer as part of a US Army project to build robot soldier. repurposed now, working for SHIELD.

Deathlok (Luther Manning) : Created by the military, Deathlok is a Cyborg from the future. he now works for SHIELD.

Jessica Drew was genetically enhanced and given super-powers by the criminal organization HYDRA, for whom she became an assassin as Spider-Woman. She later reformed and became a SHIELD agent.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Batman & Rocketeer

writing - James Robinson art - Matt Wagner

set in the late 30's, a pulp take on heroes and villains. set in Gotham & Suicide Slum.

Batman (Bruce Wayne)
Rocketeer (Cliff Secord)

Betty : Cliff Secord's love interest.
Alfred Pennyworth : Bruce Wayne's butler

Wildcat : Ted Grant
Sandman : Wesley Dodds
Hourman : Rex Tyler
Mr. Terrific : Terry Sloane
Black Canary : Dinah Drake
Green Arrow [/b]: Oliver Queen
Batwoman : Kathy Kane (with the current costume)
Dr. Mid-Nite: Charles McNider
Ragman : Rory Regan
Vigilante : Greg Saunders

Riddler : Edward Nigma
Two-Face : Harvey Dent
Catwoman : Selina Kyle
Scarecrow : Jonathan Crane
Calendar Man : Julian Day
Cluemaster : Arthur Brown
Joker
Catman : Thomas Blake
Deadshot : Floyd Lawton (original costume?)
Ragdoll : Peter Merkel
Ratcatcher : Otis Flanagan
Cavalier : Mortimer Drake
Getaway Genius : Roy Reynolds

Solomon Grundy
the Demon, Etrigan
the Creeper
John Zatara
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Earth-12 DC

where the DC comic series reside.
https://www.pinterest.com/sgtnull436/earth-12-dc/

Prez - First Teen President.

Love Syndicate of DreamWorld - Sunshine Superman, Speedfreak, Magic Lantern, Shooting Star.

Brother Power, The Geek.

Inferior Five
- Merry Man, Dumb Bunny, White Feather, Awkward Man, the Blimp.

Angel and the Ape.

Stanley and his Monster.

the Legion of Substitute Heroes - Polar Boy, Night Girl, Stone Boy, Fire Lad, and Chlorophyll Kid.

the Heckler.

Hero Hotline.

Aztek.

Plastic Man and Offspring

Ambush Bug.

Bat Mite.

Mad Mod & Mad Maude.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Gotham

What If Batman died - what would happen to Gotham?

good guys?

the Question (Vic Sage)
Nightwing (Harper Row)
Manhunter (Kate Spencer)
Mark Shaw
Spoiler (Stephanie Brown)
Vigilante (Adrian Chase)
Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)
Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)
Black Canary (Dinah Lance)
Oracle (Barbara Gordon)
Roy Raymond

bad guys?

Tarantula (Catalina Flores)
Shuriken
Signal Man (Phil Cobb)
Joker
Harley Quinn
Scarecrow
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Legion of Super-Heroes Cosmic

Brainiac 5 discovers that the Infinite Man has reformed on the other side of the galaxy and is destroying inhabited worlds, growing more powerful each time. he sends a select group of the LSH to combat him.

Rond Vidar - Earth's Green Lantern and a genius at temporal theory.

static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/2/23334/1011782-001.jpg

Quantum Queen (real name unknown) - a member of the Wanderers, she can control and project quantum energy, even to the extent that she can transform her body into any form of quantum energy.

static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/2/29837/800415-quantumqueen_uvghost.jpg

Wildfire (Drake Burroughs) - a Being comprised entirely of anti-energy in a containment suit.

static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/2/25838/480534-wildfire21.jpg

Impulse (Kent Shakespeare) - an experimental virus gave him the powers of Superman.

static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/8669/195259-71616-kent-shakespeare.jpg

Comet Queen (Grava) - A teenager from the planet Quaal-III, she passed through the tail of the comet that gave Star Boy his powers, but she ended up with the powers of a comet.

static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/6754/2306060-ddddg.jpg

Atmos (Marak Russen) - a native of Xanthu and a member of that planet's Uncanny Amazers. he is basically a human nuclear reactor, gaining his powers from by replicating the comet radiation that gave Star Boy his powers.

static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/1/15696/467486-atmos1.jpg

Thunder (CeCe Beck) - a teen girl with the powers of Captain Marvel (Shazam.)

static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/1/13925/296762-138601-thunder.jpg

Tyroc - from a neighboring dimensional space, the planet Marzal. he has a range of powers derived from his sonic scream abilities.

static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/31666/2014337-tyroc_1.jpg

Superwoman (Laurel Kent) - is the 30th-century direct descendant of Superman and has the power of invulnerability.

static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/6/68065/2208530-losh015.jpg

Andromeda (Laurel Gand) - a Daxamite with the powers of Superman.

static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/2/26503/515647-1.jpg

I'll list friends and foes they will encounter in my next post.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Here's a thought: Disney should work it out with Fox and bring the FF back.

www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/622803-f ... -at-marvel
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

dANdeLION wrote:Here's a thought: Disney should work it out with Fox and bring the FF back.

www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/622803-f ... -at-marvel
Only if someone talented like Stracynzki gets to write the screenplay and a skillful director like Brad Bird gets to direct. Still, I agree--the FF should be absorbed into the MCU.

Ghost Rider already made it back to the MCU, albeit the Robbie Reyes version in Agents of Shield. That is another character which needs a reboot on the big screen even though--*gasp* *shock*--I actually liked the Nicholas Cage films.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Though that time has passed, the FF used to be my favorite super hero team. I was initially excited by the news that the Fantastic Four would be developed into a feature film but once seeing the finished product found the effort nauseating. This experience was repeated with Rise of the Silver Surfer and then Josh Trank's fiasco simply made a mockery of the whole idea. Like the misguided idea of trying to make Superman more like Batman, the most recent attempt at an FF film failed to take into account what makes the FF interesting and entertaining in the first place. Take the family and excitement away from the FF and you get just another bleak, dark, "grounded" super hero clunker. Some characters thrive on grim and realistic (The Dark Knight and Wolverine) but not the Fantastic Four. Thank God it looks like they are heading back to Marvel where we may finally see a Fantastic Four feature film that is...Fantastic.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

In its defense, the first Fantastic Four movie was actually pretty good. Its worst flaw was Jessica Alba as Susan Storm--they really should have put someone else in that role--but all the other casting choices were well done. Its second-worst flaw was Doom's dialogue--the way in which Doom speaks in the comic books was not correctly captured in the film. Other than that it worked.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:In its defense, the first Fantastic Four movie was actually pretty good. Its worst flaw was Jessica Alba as Susan Storm--they really should have put someone else in that role--but all the other casting choices were well done. Its second-worst flaw was Doom's dialogue--the way in which Doom speaks in the comic books was not correctly captured in the film. Other than that it worked.

If we were engaged in a formal debate on the subject we'd have to agree to disagree. I did think Reed and Johnny were effectively portrayed and the voice of Michael Chiklis was perfect for The Thing and he did a good job as Ben however the relatively small, man-in-a-suit Thing didn't work for me.

I very much agree about Jessica Alba's portrayal of Susan Storm. Why Alba was chosen for the role is evidenced in her appearance though she never matched my vision of the character. Unfortunately she was never able to give the character much depth or believably and her screen chemistry with Ioan Graffudd was sketchy at best.

I had a very strong reaction to the portrayal of Dr. Doom (who has always been a favorite villain of mine). The Dr. Doom I enjoy the most is the Victor Von Doom presented in the classic Kirby drawn comics. The common elements between film and book are that Doom is portrayed as a intelligent, rich and powerful man however that's pretty much where the comparison ends. I guess the notion of an Eastern European despot monarch, genius level scientist and clinical egomaniac was just too much for the film's creative team to handle. Doom's superior, royal, bearing is at the heart of the character, almost Shakespearean to the level of the Asgardians of the MCU. Take that away and you have the guy from Nip Tuck prancing around chewing scenery ineffectively. Doom is also above getting his hands dirty in a physical battle while employing deception, henchmen and fascinating traps to deal with the FF but ultimately, after all other measures fail, he will fight them in person. I strongly disliked having Doom come into his power with the rest of the FF. I much prefer the idea that Doom has been Doom for many years before the FF pose a threat to his plans. Hell, the Roger Corman FF film does at least a recognizable job with Doom.

Image Image Image Image

I think the first FF film was the most enjoyable of the three however I view it as a solid swing and a miss. Film makers CAN make a Fantastic Four film but thus far they have chosen not to. They seem to be operating under the misguided notion that they should do something "different" with the property which misses the point. If Josh Trank's FF film had been about original characters like his film Chronicle it would have probably been at least somewhat enjoyable. You just can't make an FF film without making it an FF film so don't try, please. Suppose for a moment that you tried to make a James Bond film with no cars, no gadgets, no MI6, no theme song and set the plot entirely a sleepy southern town in the heart of the Ozarks and everyone, including Jimmy Bond sports thick southern accents? It might work great as an original piece but James Bond fans expect something fairly specific and if they don't get it they flip out, which they should. :-)

Why is this so freaking hard? Just do it right for heaven's sake.

I expect that only Marvel/Disney have the talent, vision and resources to create a proper film but I also believe they are far from perfect and might just botch the job a 4th time.

IMHO.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

I have enjoyed the DC tv shows I have seen in the Arrowverse (Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends)

I enjoyed the one Shield episode I saw.

the Defenders universe is supposed to be excellent.

how about the script writers for the movies try some of that which succeeds on the small screen?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “dANdeLION's Comics Cave”