Insanity of the Left

Archive From The 'Tank
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Oh Null again you are promoting misinformation and one has to wonder why?

We have proven that your assertions are baseless. It may be that you are promoting the fallacies circulating social media?

One must wonder what is driving those and ask why they are being promoted?
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Sky - what exactly did I say that was false?

Blake was accused of rape.
The was a restraining order against Blake.
His victim did call the police.
Blake did steal the keys to the car.
Blake did refuse to follow police orders.
Blake was tased. It failed.
Bkame did continue to ignore police orders.
Blake did reach into the car.
Blake did have a history of being combative with the police.
Blske did have warrents for his arrest.
Blake did place his children in danger.
Police do have reason to fear for their life when a suspect has a weapon.
Police say there was a knife. A knife thst was taken as evidence.

So which of those do you disagree with?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

ugh both Nano (I think it was) and I posted about this list of misinformation
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

The facts and the fallacies

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:9325880707

CLAIM: Jacob Blake, the Black man who police shot multiple times in Wisconsin on Sunday, was once charged for raping a teenage girl.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. No charges for sexual assault of a child have surfaced against Blake. Social media posts with these claims are shared without evidence.
Not everything posted on facebook is true. A critical eye is very often needed.

Specific fact check re social media fictions circulating Twitter & Facebook
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lifei ... -blake-ex/
Posts on social media falsely claim that the man shot by police in Kenosha, Wisconsin, “wouldn’t have been shot if he was still in prison for raping the 14 year old.” There’s no evidence he was ever charged with such a crime — let alone convicted and imprisoned.
Fact check
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/08/posts ... e-charges/
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:Can any of you provide proof there was a weapon and that it was actually visible to cops?
As noted, the police report indicates a knife. Oh, wait, I forgot--you suspect that the police are lying and planted the knife. I forgot that we lived in a cheap Hollywood movie instead of real life....

Anyway, Blake had already been fighting with police and had been tazed. If he had cared about his children he would not have put them in that situation--he would have been home with them playing video games or watching movies or something, not violating a restraining order.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I think Hashi the jury is still out re the knife 😉
Last week, Kaul said investigators found a knife on the driver's side floorboard of Blake's vehicle after the shooting. He has not said if officers saw the knife, or thought they saw the knife, before the shooting. An attorney for the Kenosha police union has said Blake was holding a knife. That account has been disputed by Blake's family and their attorneys.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.jso ... 5706515002

But given the following we will hopefully get a better, more fulsome appreciation of the facts.
The Wisconsin Department of Justice announced on Tuesday investigators have spent more than 600 hours on the case, conducting 88 witness interviews, collecting 102 pieces of evidence, downloading 28 videos to review and securing four search warrants.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

It is highly ulikely that police would have been able to see a knife in the front floorboard before shooting; that much is certain. Still, suspects who have been fighting with police do not go back to their car to get their phone and call the nightly news to report the incident--no, in the vast majority of cases they are going for another weapon, which could very likely be a gun.

Neither the family nor the family's attorney constitute an impartial witness--they are going to craft every statement to bolster the claim of their wounded relative (recall that Blake is not dead). Besides, not only were they not present they have no video evidence to counter the police claims.

Let that serve as a lesson--if you have an encounter with the police then either film it yourself or travel with a friend who can film it for you. The police should all also be fitted with body cams they cannot disable.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Fair point re the attorney and family witness perspective.

Assuming a POI’s intent becomes problematic ... the truth is we dont know why he was focussed on getting back to his vehicle.

He didnt have a gun, so clearly not intent on that ... he may or may not have been trying to get a knife but he would be a bit silly wanting a knife to defend himself and his kids from armed LEOs.

So Id argue that is unlikely or less likely.

And yes I agree with your last sentence. Many are.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Let that serve as a lesson--if you have an encounter with the police then either film it yourself or travel with a friend who can film it for you. The police should all also be fitted with body cams they cannot disable.
That's all well and good, but the police department can still refuse to release body cam footage. They can also just forcefully take the phones out of people's hands and smash the cameras. Then lie and said you instigated a fight with them and they had to detain you, resulting in the phone being smashed in the melee.

If you pull your phone out of your pocket, they can shoot you dead and then claim that they thought you were reaching for a weapon.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

sky - i was wrong about the claimed rape victim's age. I admitted it. The problem was the charge he has is usually for raping a minor. The woman who called the police to report he was violating the restraining order is his ex.. #metoo.

Sky - you did not refute the facts I laid out. So I assume you agree that the police did not need Blake to murder someone before acting. Yet not once have you even hinted that Blake is responsible for his actions. He went to the car with his kids in it. Putting them in the liine of fire. And stop acting ss if Blake was acting in a rational manner.

Have you read the sexual assault allegation?

Ur - seriously. You need to get some sunshine.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

You might benefit from some Ds too Null 😉

I have focussed most of my comments on the shooting and the excessive use of force: 7 shots to the back at close range smacks of a reactionary response indicating the officer panicked or he intended to blow a hole the size of Texas in the guy.

My last post I noted the investigation and have some confidence that the facts will be identified.

I also pointed out that your list on allegations have countless times previous to this been debunked and yet here they appear yet again.

You know what they say about flogging a dead horse 😉

And as a matter of principle, it is arguably better not to assume anything.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Sky - what points on my list have been debunked? The only one you pointed out was the age of the woman he is said to have sexually assaulted. #metoo
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
That's all well and good, but the police department can still refuse to release body cam footage. They can also just forcefully take the phones out of people's hands and smash the cameras. Then lie and said you instigated a fight with them and they had to detain you, resulting in the phone being smashed in the melee.

If you pull your phone out of your pocket, they can shoot you dead and then claim that they thought you were reaching for a weapon.
What you say is true but typically does not occur. Watch some "First Amendment Audit" videos on YouTube to see various interactions with police and other law enforcement officials.

The rest of the sentiment you address boils down to "what if"--what if I die in a car wreck on the way to work, what if the meteor finally strikes, what if I get shot when I am walking downtown, what if the Sun goes nova, etc.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Ur - you can avoid police encounters by not breaking the law. And if you do end up encountering the police you could simply follow instructions. Has always worked for me and my black friends.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Again kudos Null for editing your posts 👌

Breana Taylor wasn’t breaking the law and she was shot multiple times killed by police.

Tamir Rice wasn’t breaking the law when he was shot and killed by police. 12yrs old :(

Walter Scot was not breaking the law when he was shot and killed by police.

Philando Castile was shot and killed by police whilst pulled over for a routine trafficking stop - the entire thing was recorded by Castile’s gf and the responsible officer was fired and charged with murder.

There’s this funny little presumption in law of innocence until guilt is found. And there’s this other funny thing about justice and it is that the police do not decide guilt.

The courts have that singular responsibility.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Taylor - I've been against no knock warrants.

Rice - a tragedy. Police were acting on misinformation. But he had what appeared to be a gun, since the orange tip was not on it.

Scot - the officer in question wss convicted of 2nd degree murder and is serving ac20 year sentence.

Castile - officer went to trial. Acquitted. Officer says Philandro reached for his gun. The shooting was not taped by the gf. She started after the shooting.

So one of your examples has not gone to trial. Of the three that have, one conviction and two not guilty.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

That’s hardly the point the above examples are solely examples that obeying the law does not mean you won’t get shot by police in the US if you’re black.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Sky - the numbers don't support you.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

The facts support me 😎

You are falsely conflating the fact that US police also shoot other people in police custody 😉 AS WELL ... that’s not argument against systemic institutionalised racism in US LE.

It suggests that US LE are way too reactionary and trigger happy.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Perhaps I should move this to the "militarization of the police" thread?

Return to “Coercri”