Orange is the New Black

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Orange is the New Black

Post by I'm Murrin »

Why did this show not already have a thread?

Very good and funny show, the third season launched on Netflix today. (I'll have finished it all by Sunday.) If you haven't seen it before,the first season is worth a try; just understand that main character Piper and her fiancé Larry are the worst part of it, and it gets better as it focuses more on the other characters.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Absolutely. I've just started Season 3, but I've really liked the last two seasons. Season 2 got a little to embroiled in the warring factions, but the resolution was exquisite.
Here's hoping Season 3 is even better than the first two. And less Piper! (episode one had precious little of her)
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Piper is awful in season 2, but she's more interesting in S3.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

This is next on my list of things to watch - a lot of the people I know in WoW are really into it. I read the book because it sounded interesting and I don't have Netflix, but it looks like it's available on iTunes now. (Possibly just the first season, but I'm sure the rest will follow.)

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Really enjoyed the three seasons. So many great characters. Every scene with Boo, in particular, but so many others.

Finale of S2 was excellent.

S3 finale also excellent. Cindy was unexpected and well done. Alex?? And I really like the direction they took with Piper.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

A lot of meh with some laughs. It's.......Okay, but that's as far as I'd go praising it.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I have about 10 minutes left of Season 3.

And yes, Piper has finally become more interesting.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I'm Murrin wrote:Piper is awful in season 2, but she's more interesting in S3.
Definitely Murrin - I went right off her character!

I still haven't watched all of season 3 .. thats the Prison lockdown season? Where they're negotiating with authorities for improved conditions? Yeah if so not finished .. I love them when I watch them but haven't been sufficiently motivated to sit down and watch :P
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

That's season 5! You may have skipped ahead a bit, or just forgotten how long it's gone on like I did (I thought this year would be season 4). I had to look it up because 3 and 4 get mushed together in my head, but 3 is where the privatisation stuff starts and Piper starts her panty business, then season 4 is ratcheting up the tension between the new guards and the prisoners until they hit breaking point.

3-4-5 is where the show stopped having discrete storylines for each season. Season 5 is IMO a masterpiece of plotting (it all takes place over 3 days!), but 4 and 5 both had bullshit cliffhanger endings that didn't give a satisfying conclusion.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

OH! Hey Im old I get stuff like this mixed up lol .. oh well I disliked Piper for a lot longer then right thru to season 5 .. I don't know she seems she could be turning a corner. I do love the show .. and I have the rest of the season sitting there just waiting to be watched..

Yeah Piper ... *shudders*
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Well, it's all over. I've just finished watching season 7. It had its ups and downs throughout the years, and I stopped watching in disgust once or twice. But the 7th season wrapped things up well, and I found that I enjoyed this season. Anyone else watched it all?
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Coincidently, I watched Altered States just the other day and wondered where I'd seen Blair Brown. Checked out her filmography but couldn't place her anywhere. I had noticed she was still working, playing Judy King in this tv show.
She made many tv films so it was probably in one of those where I'd seen her before. The afternoon tv matinee was the opium for the unemployed back in the day.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I havent watched season 7 yet .. still up to the post lock down ... though am curious what you found disgusting?
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

I didn't find anything disgusting, I just walked away in disgust a couple of times :D

Some of the story lines annoyed the crap out of me, but none of the last season annoyed me which is a good thing!
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

What caused you to ... walk away in disgust?
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “TV Shows”