2015 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

the Cowboys manage to lose to a Saints team that had a qb who could not throw more than 15 yards and a left tackle who had trouble moving in a lateral motion. they lose another player for the year, rb Dunbar.

and now the newly reinstated Hardy decides to get all stalker-like in talking about Brady's wife. and creepy crypt-keeper owner Jerry Jones adds his two cents, creating an ugly/weird vibe. should a guy who had to pay off the woman he beat be running his mouth?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

sgt.null wrote:the Cowboys manage to lose to a Saints team that had a qb who could not throw more than 15 yards and a left tackle who had trouble moving in a lateral motion. they lose another player for the year, rb Dunbar.

and now the newly reinstated Hardy decides to get all stalker-like in talking about Brady's wife. and creepy crypt-keeper owner Jerry Jones adds his two cents, creating an ugly/weird vibe. should a guy who had to pay off the woman he beat be running his mouth?
As long as she doesn't mind we know Brady wont. Patriots are OK with cheating. :lol:

I know cheap shot. I agree with your post, that's incredibly creepy.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

you would think that the NFL would have someone hired to tell them that this bad behavior.

and what is the NFL promoting this month?

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

and the Cowpokes are having a player give out all the abuser tell-tale signs. and on Thursday, the Texans almost pull lout the win, falling short when Hoyer throws an interception. between Hoyer and Mallett?

last year the Texans picked Xavier Filoitumua Su’a-Filo a offensive guard with the 33rd pick. the Raiders ended up drafting Derek Carr with the 36th pick.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

sgt.null wrote:the Texans almost pull lout the win, falling short when Hoyer throws an interception. between Hoyer and Mallett?

They should have started with Hoyer. He is the better QB when choosing between the two. Hoyer is not an experienced QB so he is going to make these kinds of mental errors. Its a shame it happened when a game was on the line. I think he can be the QB they are looking for, but they have to take the time to develop him.

The Texans much vaunted Defense is a mess. They have some quality people but they aren't playing as a unit. This creates opportunities for offenses. Having Clowney and Watts rushing off the corners at mach 10 is great if you get the QB down, but it leaves holes in the line that offenses are driving a truck through.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

SoulBiter wrote:. Hoyer is not an experienced QB so he is going to make these kinds of mental errors.

The Texans much vaunted Defense is a mess. They have some quality people but they aren't playing as a unit.
On the first...I don't know about developing. Maybe. But he's played quite a few games...and wasn't he the Cleveland starter for most of a season? Maybe he'll get better---but he's at the age where most QB's hitting their best years.

On the second...I'm starting to think they have a serious coaching problem in their defense coach/staff somewhere. They've got the players to be much better.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I missed on 3 of my picks. Not bad.

Falcons had both a good and bad night on Sunday. Matt Ryan played horribly, 2 picks in the red zone and 1 fumble in the red zone. Matt Bryant who is normally golden, missed 2 FG's... just doesn't happen. But it helped to have a balanced offense and be able to run the ball. Redskins going into this game were second against the run and 4th in running. The Falcons defense held them to 35 yards on the ground and the Falcons ran for 173 yards. So that was the good. And Alford read that pass and jumped the route. Even if the receiver hadnt fell, that interception as going to happen. It was an awesome defensive play to end the night.

Falcons vs Saints on Thursday night.... Falcons should win this one. It will be hard fought since its division, but the Saints are such a mess.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

I am afraid the Saints will lose badly to the hated Falcons.

Hoyer is a journeyman, an ok back-up.

the GM in Houston has failed long enough, they need to clean house. O'Brien is not the answer at coach. I am afraid they will waste Watt's career much like they wasted Andre Johnson's.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

sgt.null wrote:I am afraid the Saints will lose badly to the hated Falcons.
Well they should have. What an embarrassing night for the Falcons. They did everything except gift wrap the ball and run the touchdowns in for the Saints.

A blown scheme that allows a free runner to hit the kicker, ran in for a TD.

5 trips to the redzone in the first half....

1 - TD
2 - Fumble by the RB on the 10
3 - Mis-snapped ball turnover
4 - Misnapped ball causes the RB to run into the ball and knock it out of Ryans hands
5 - Missnapped ball on 4th and 1. Play dead, turn ball over

Stone is our backup center but he needs to be fired immediately. He was not a good center for us last year and he sucks this year as well.

By the start of the second half the score should have been closer to 21 or 27 to 14...

The Saints really didnt play that well, with all those turnovers the end score should have been 50+ to 21.

What really stood out for me was no pressure on the QB all game. There was one sack...but outside of that, Brees looked pretty comfy back there.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

They just sucked...besides the errors, there was a total lack of a defense plan/scheme, no adjustment...you kinda deserve to lose in a game like that.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

And just to keep Cail's conspiracy theory alive.... You know... as hard as it is for me to buy.... it is very coincidental.

The Pregame honorary Gleason documentary gave it all away. Really then lighting strikes TWICE in the same exact way it did in katrina bowl back in 06??

1.) Gleason just happened to be in the VIP front row, and both the TV cameras and the Saints bench awknowleged him when the punt was blocked. It was a scripted thing to honor his greatest acheivement in his career, it was painfully obvious.

2.) The 40 yr old TE looks like a 23 yr old Tony Gonzalez? Are the Falcons safties really that bad or were they intentionally trying not to cover him. No ingame adjustments from a coaching staff clearly capable of making them.

3.) The lack of penalties on the Saints. Homecoming is one thing but when horse collars and obvious PI are ignored, you should realize the game itself has been cooked....

4.) The NFL clearly profits more with keeping the Saints a viable contender for a few more weeks, it is simply more compelling to not allow the Falcons to run away with the division. Follow the TV ratings.

5.) How do you drive at will only to fumble in the redzone everytime?? Coming in the Saints have the worst D in the NFL against its best red zone offense. Who was actually talking in Ryans headset.

The WWE scripts everything, from the opening to the main event and every move in the matches are pre designed and scripted. Starting with the Gleason honorary pregame, then the honorary punt block in his honor. This game was too...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Although it is great that he is doing so well in his head coaching gig in Atlanta, Seattle really misses former defensive coordinator Dan Quinn.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Someone had to go there.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

SoulBiter wrote:And just to keep Cail's conspiracy theory alive.... You know... as hard as it is for me to buy.... it is very coincidental.

The Pregame honorary Gleason documentary gave it all away. Really then lighting strikes TWICE in the same exact way it did in katrina bowl back in 06??

1.) Gleason just happened to be in the VIP front row, and both the TV cameras and the Saints bench awknowleged him when the punt was blocked. It was a scripted thing to honor his greatest acheivement in his career, it was painfully obvious.

2.) The 40 yr old TE looks like a 23 yr old Tony Gonzalez? Are the Falcons safties really that bad or were they intentionally trying not to cover him. No ingame adjustments from a coaching staff clearly capable of making them.

3.) The lack of penalties on the Saints. Homecoming is one thing but when horse collars and obvious PI are ignored, you should realize the game itself has been cooked....

4.) The NFL clearly profits more with keeping the Saints a viable contender for a few more weeks, it is simply more compelling to not allow the Falcons to run away with the division. Follow the TV ratings.

5.) How do you drive at will only to fumble in the redzone everytime?? Coming in the Saints have the worst D in the NFL against its best red zone offense. Who was actually talking in Ryans headset.

The WWE scripts everything, from the opening to the main event and every move in the matches are pre designed and scripted. Starting with the Gleason honorary pregame, then the honorary punt block in his honor. This game was too...
Look, I'm just sayin'........

I actually broke my promise and watched a couple of games. Holy hell.....I'm sticking to SEC ball. Horrible officiating, and a set of rules that suck all the life out of the game. And that's not even getting into how unbalanced everything was.

So yeah, not really missing the NFL show this year.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

OK here are my picks for the week. As far as the Falcons go. They finally have all their injured players back (minus Devin Hester who sadly wont be back until week 13). With Julio at 100% I suspect a runaway game...30+ vs single digits.

Seattle vs SF - Seattle (I really see this going either way)
Buf vs Jax - Buf
Min vs Det - Min
NO vs Ind - Ind
Pit vs KC - Pit
Hous vs Mia - Hous
NYJ vs NE - Jets (I think this might be the best team NE has faced yet)
Cle vs Stl - Stl
Atl vs Tenn - Atl
TB vs Wash - Wash
Oak vs SD - SD
Dal vs NYG - Dal
Phi vs Car - Phi (time for Car to fall)
Btl vs Ari - Ari
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Only a few differences:
NO will take Indy [NO has found some things]
NE over Jets
Oak over SD [just cuz I wish for it to happen]
Car. over Phi [Car WILL fall...but not to Phi. this week]
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Not a great week for my picks. I could have done blind picks and had a better week. :lol:

I'm not sure whats going on with the Offensive coaching for the Falcons. They are doing things that don't make sense. Again, your running game has legs and you pass on 3rd and 2 then pass again on 4th and 2? Then you get to the goal line and you send a full back to try to go over the top rather than just punch it in with your RB's, then you go for it on 4th and you pass to the inside? You set up for a run to the inside and they load the box and you stick with the run? Why wasn't that audibled to a pass play or at least a screen run? I'm beginning to think that Shennihan is calling all the shots and not allowing Ryan to make changes on the line.

I do feel like Julio got robbed of a TD. If you look at the stills from the game his foot is clearly in bounds and the ball is clearly breaking the plane of the Goal line.
SoulBiter wrote:OK here are my picks for the week. As far as the Falcons go. They finally have all their injured players back (minus Devin Hester who sadly wont be back until week 13). With Julio at 100% I suspect a runaway game...30+ vs single digits.

Seattle vs SF - Seattle (I really see this going either way)
Buf vs Jax - Buf
Min vs Det - Min
NO vs Ind - Ind
Pit vs KC - Pit
Hous vs Mia - Hous
NYJ vs NE - Jets (I think this might be the best team NE has faced yet)
Cle vs Stl - Stl
Atl vs Tenn - Atl
TB vs Wash - Wash
Oak vs SD - SD
Dal vs NYG - Dal
Phi vs Car - Phi (time for Car to fall)
Btl vs Ari - Ari
Last edited by SoulBiter on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

last week's win for the Pats. Brady leads the team in rushing with 15 yards, the first time he has led New England in rushing yards for a game.

and now the thursday night ga,e/ Pats vs Phins.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

sgt.null wrote:last week's win for the Pats. Brady leads the team in rushing with 15 yards, the first time he has led New England in rushing yards for a game.

and now the thursday night ga,e/ Pats vs Phins.
I cant watch another Brady love fest. At this point it doesn't matter what team takes the field against them or if the Pats win or lose, the entire broadcast is all about how great Brady is... Its been that way for a number of years and this year its worse than ever.

Just so you know, its not just Brady... they were doing that with Payton for a number of years... even in the Superbowl that they lost against the Seahawks, the announcers spent the whole game singing love songs about Payton. :lol:
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Well its been quiet in here.....

Panthers continue to look pretty strong. Pats continue to win.

Bengals had a bad game this last week. They didn't even look good while they lost LOL

Saints got spanked by Washington... then went on to fire Ryan. Thats a good move on their part.

Seahawks are a shell of their former selves....

Falcons look awful on the offensive side of the ball. Defense is middle of the road, but run defense is top notch. Still 6-3 and can make a run but unless they can figure out whats wrong on offense, the year is pretty much done before its done.

Jags won against the Titans last night... a good win for them.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

And then there was one. Pats lost. That leaves the Panthers as the only undefeated team. Their remaining schedule is pretty soft and they could end up 16 and 0

Remaining schedule.
Saints
Falcons
Giants
Falcons
Bucs

Funny.. they are considered by many to be the worst undefeated team. They win but they win ugly.

Payton is done. I think staying with the backup QB is the Broncos best shot at a title.

Return to “Sports”