2015 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

2015 NFL Whipping Post

Post by SoulBiter »

At last the NFL season is starting up. Seemed like a long off season to me.

Falcons start the year with a new Head Coach in Dan Quinn former defensive coach of the Seahawks. It could be an exciting year as he has sparked a new vitality into the players. He has totally revamped the defense and the Falcons drafted hard on defense including bringing in a pass rusher.
Kyle Shanehan(sp?) was brought in to coach the running game as the Falcons also have some skilled positions at RB and everyone is coming back healthy.

Some good stuff to look forward to this season and the first preseason game starts this Friday!!!!

We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

looking to see if Brady wins his appeal. an angry Patriots team should be fun to watch.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Funny to see "Law&Order" Sarge pulling for a cheating piece of crap like Brady.

If the Ravens finish .500 this year I'll be happy.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Cail - no proof. and I do like those super bowl wins. being a new englander....
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

sgt.null wrote:Cail - no proof. and I do like those super bowl wins. being a new englander....
not a criminal case; doesn't need "beyond a reasonable doubt", just "more likely than not"

Do you honestly believe he didn't know, and endorse the "deflation"
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

I believe he asked for the lowest allowable weight. just as other qb's have admitted to.

so when does Chris Carter get fired?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

sgt.null wrote:Cail - no proof. and I do like those super bowl wins. being a new englander....
I have no use for the Pats... but they continue to win. However I believe once Brady and Belichick are gone, they will be yesterdays team.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Soulbiter - same is likely true for any team when their HoF QB retires. not too many people have Aaron Rodgers sitting on the bench anymore.

when Drew Brees retires I wonder how long it will take New Orleans to find another QB. they do not have a history of drafting great QB's.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

"Who cares if they cheat? They win."
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

All of this (after SB's kickoff post) is the rear-view mirror. Of no more significance than the untimely interception that may - or may not - have had an effect on the outcome of the last NFL game that counted, back on February 1.
Spoiler
Hey, Pete Carroll: Should have given the ball to Marshawn Lynch. Game Over. There, said it, Topic retired.
This is the 2015 season. Let's do this. Three of four pre-season weeks done. Impressions?

No surprises in what I am watching.
  • Seahawks, of course. Don't blink.
    Falcons to see how the very capable Quinn makes the leap to Head Coach.
    Eagles to see whether Tebow can get the chance / seize the opportunity to finally fulfill what he is capable of.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Rawedge Rim wrote:doesn't need "beyond a reasonable doubt", just "more likely than not"
(I know this is hater bait, but ...) Ah, but what it's "more likely than not" is about is that he "knew something". Who ever got a four game suspension for "probably knew something"? What there's no proof of is that Brady "did something". Something like, you know, tell someone to deflate balls. There's not even a "more likely than not" there. There's nothing at all.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Savor Dam wrote:
Eagles to see whether Tebow can get the chance / seize the opportunity to finally fulfill what he is capable of.[/list]
He's already done that. What he is capable of is being good enough if everyone else is first rate.

What I'm watching for is:
the Raiders to get good enough that I don't have to
be totally sad. [[odds are pretty good on that, I think...most of the lines I've seen have them 7-9 or 8-8. Not amazing, but still a step up for them. I think they'll be a little better than that...9-7.]]

Bridgewater/Vikings.
I like B., I think they'll make the playoffs...and possibly, in the right circumstance/matchup, win that first round game.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

wayfriend wrote:
Rawedge Rim wrote:doesn't need "beyond a reasonable doubt", just "more likely than not"
(I know this is hater bait, but ...) Ah, but what it's "more likely than not" is about is that he "knew something". Who ever got a four game suspension for "probably knew something"? What there's no proof of is that Brady "did something". Something like, you know, tell someone to deflate balls. There's not even a "more likely than not" there. There's nothing at all.
Isn't that the definition of "accomplice?"

To SD's post:

Denver has won their first 3 preseason games.

Titans have lost 2 of theirs.

I'm concerned about the QB for both teams.
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

If the third preseason game is the most important one to gauge how the team will perform during the regular season, the Bears are in trouble.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

dlbpharmd wrote:
wayfriend wrote:
Heh...from what I saw, they couldn't even show that the majority of the balls "more than likely" were deflated at all.
If they can't show that, they surely can't show that someone "more than likely" deflated them...let alone that another person "more than likely" knew someone was deflating them.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

dlbpharmd wrote:
wayfriend wrote:
It's pointedly not, actually.

Anyone know of any player punished for "being generally aware" of someone using illegal PEDs? For example.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Cail wrote:
"Who cares if they cheat? They win."
still no proof in deflate gate. and the commish looks like an incompetent idiot.

Brady's side made a great case.

they are meeting today - I doubt any settlement will happen.

I do find it odd that Mr. Integrity-of-the-Game Goodell had nothing to say about Chris Carter.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

wayfriend wrote:
He doesn't have to actively participate in something like this to be part of the of it. If he is aware that the the balls not inflated as per NFL rules, then he becomes part of the issue.

And frankly destroying his cell phone when he knew the NFL investigators were interested in the txt messages on the phone really makes his side of the case smell a bit.

OTOH, on that particular day, Brady could have been throwing anvils and still stomped INDY.
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Rawedge Rim wrote:
wayfriend wrote:
He doesn't have to actively participate in something like this to be part of the of it.
Actually, yes he does. An accomplice, even after the fact, has to *do* something, even if it's doing nothing when he is obligated to do something. As I said, there seems to be no precedent for such a penalty for merely "knowing" something was going on, nor is there anything in the rules that suggests there would be.

This is rewriting the rules in order to produce a reason to penalize Brady. Which is not a surprise revelation.

Return to “Sports”