2015 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

The Titans team that easily beat Tampa Bay last week didn't show up against Cleveland yesterday.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

The Colts need to take a step back and regroup. They looked horrible against the Jets. I dont think the Jets are as good as the Colts made them look. Too many drops, fumbles, turnovers... You cant win that way.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Falcons/Cowboys game this Sunday: Dallas really wants to win this because it will solidify their hold on the NFC East and give them some wiggle room to let their starters heal and get back out there.

With a situation where 4 key starters for the Cowboys arent there (especially Romo) the Falcons should win. I would prefer it if Romo was in the game because even if the Falcons win this game, the narrative will be that its because Romo was out, not because the Falcons were the better team.

If the Cowboys offense can open up the run game (and not give up on it), not try to win through the air with a new QB, AND if the defense can shake up the Falcons offense and make Ryan need to dink and dunk all day and get those 3rd down stops, they can bring a W to their column.

I believe the keys for the Falcons will be stopping the run and making the new QB need to throw often. On the other side of the ball, the OL needs to keep Ryan clean for 4 quarters.

If the Falcons can win this one and then next weeks home game against the Redskins, they will have rolled the NFC East.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

tonight's Giants - Washington game sucked until the last few minutes, then an explosion of scoring.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

sgt.null wrote:tonight's Giants - Washington game sucked until the last few minutes, then an explosion of scoring.
Turned if off at halftime and went to sleep. It was putting me to sleep anyway.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

SoulBiter wrote:
sgt.null wrote:tonight's Giants - Washington game sucked until the last few minutes, then an explosion of scoring.
Turned if off at halftime and went to sleep. It was putting me to sleep anyway.
I lucked out - we turned it on in the fourth quarter.

so can the Cowboys stay afloat without Romo or Dez? and how angry is Jerry for allowing his son to talk him out of drafting Manziel last year?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

sgt.null wrote: so can the Cowboys stay afloat without Romo or Dez?
they should be ok, at least as far as playoff hopes.
They've already beaten two of the division once each, right?
I think I heard [I could look it up, I suppose, but whatever] they get them both again before he's expected back---but unless those folk get better, Dall. should be able to take them with Weedon [or Cassel, who I just heard the traded for].
They'll take some losses ...Falcons will almost certainly beat them, and Pats and Hawks. But I give them decent odds of taking at least 2 of 3 among N.O., Tampa, and Miami.
That's 8 weeks, which is hopefully the missing time. Even if not, they have Washington twice after that...and Washington can't beat any 22 guys I find hanging around the gym.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

As long as the Falcons dont sleep on this game, they should win.

My picks

Falcons vs Cowboys - Falcons
Colts vs Titans - Colts
Raiders vs Browns - Raiders
Bengals vs Ravens - Bengals
Jaguars vs Patriots - Patriots
Saints vs Panthers - Panthers. No Brees, no win
Eagles vs Jets - Jets
Bucs vs Texans - Bucs!
Chargers vs Vikings - Vikings
Steelers vs Rams - Steelers
Niners vs Cards - Cards
Bills vs Dolphins - Bills
Bears vs Seahawks - Seahawks
Broncos vs Lions - Lions
Chiefs vs Packers - Gonna go on a limb and say Chiefs
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

SoulBiter wrote:Steelers vs Rams - Steelers
Steelers were on fire.

(But seriously, Ben's knee ... ow.)
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Not bad I picked 10 properly.
SoulBiter wrote:As long as the Falcons dont sleep on this game, they should win.

My picks

Falcons vs Cowboys - Falcons
Colts vs Titans - Colts
Raiders vs Browns - Raiders
Bengals vs Ravens - Bengals
Jaguars vs Patriots - Patriots
Saints vs Panthers - Panthers. No Brees, no win
Eagles vs Jets - Jets
Bucs vs Texans - Bucs!
Chargers vs Vikings - Vikings
Steelers vs Rams - Steelers
Niners vs Cards - Cards
Bills vs Dolphins - Bills
Bears vs Seahawks - Seahawks
Broncos vs Lions - Lions
Chiefs vs Packers - Gonna go on a limb and say Chiefs
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

SoulBiter wrote:Not bad I picked 10 properly.
And you have a chance at 11.
Don't think you'll get it.
Picking GB. [though they're hobbled...if it was a road game, I'd probably be with you]
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Big Ben in Pittsburgh 4 out for at least four games. will Michael Vick be able to manage the position?

they have to switch from a right-handed qb to a left-handed qb. and Vick has never been a good game manager.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Vick can do well, but he needs to understand that he isn't the game manager. They need to feed him the plays and he needs to stick to that.

Falcons are winning the games that they were expected to lose... the game against the cowboys was interesting in the first half. When you watch the replay there were 9 missed tackles in the first half, the first couple cost them 14 pts to Dallas. The second half they only missed two tackles. What they talked about in the locker room at the half was being decisive. In most of those misses, the defender stops to see if he needs to adjust, rather than just pursuing properly. That creates bad angles for the defense and allows that needed second for a runner to get to the second level.

For the Cowboys, it was missed opportunities in clock management. You go into the half up 11 points. You get a 3 and out and get the ball. Now watch the rest of the plays.... the QB hikes the ball within a few seconds of being set, rather than burning time off the clock and hiking within a few seconds of a penalty. That times however many plays makes an incredible difference. Now you give the opposing teams offense more opportunities to get on the field and make plays. That's all on coaching as far as I'm concerned.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

SoulBiter wrote:Vick can do well, but he needs to understand that he isn't the game manager.
He's good enough they should take 2, could take 3 of next 4. [I doubt they can take Arizona...but maybe].

My stats-man is saying your Falcons just might be the real deal, not just in a hot phase.
And freaking Julio...I know it probably isn't possible, but if he kept up his current pace he would completely demolish catches and yardage records for a season. I mean crush them.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Vraith you were right about the GB KC game. I was going out on a limb on that one and should have stuck to my gut.

Vick didnt do badly in the game vs Baltimore. He did throw a bad 4 ft pass but other than that it was a drop in the endzone by a receiver, two missed FG attempts, and no guts to go for it on 4th and 2.

Falcons vs Texans - If Ryan can get the ball out quick and not allow JJ Watt and Clowney to get to or hurry him, the offense should put up some big points. The Texans QB is questionable so I'm not as concerned that we wont shut their offense down but we need to stop the run for sure.

Here are my picks:

NYJ vs Miami - NYJ
Houston vs Atl - Atl
NYG vs Buff - Buff
Oak vs Chi - Oak
KC vs Cinci - Cinci
Jax vs Ind - Ind
Car vs TB - Car
Phi vs Wash - Phi
Cle vs SD - SD
STL vs Ari - Ari
Min vs Det - Det
GB vs SF - GB
Dal vs NO - Dal
Det vs Sea - Sea
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

the Saints need to start unloading some players like the Bears have already done. the have more dead money than anyone in the League.

Pats off this wee and the Saints should lose to the Cowpokes.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

sgt.null wrote:the Saints need to start unloading some players like the Bears have already done.
Starting with Drew. He can still play, probably, but they should deal him to a place that has everything except a QB. Then they can start a real rebuild, and he has a chance to end his career winning.
[[I say "probably" assuming that his shoulder injury is just a little thing like he's saying.]]

First glance, I think I agree with all your picks, SB, except minn/det. Vikes will take it.

EDITED to Correct...just realized it is Denver that Minn. plays today. Denver wins that one.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Well...the Falcons literally blew up the Texans. By 3 min's into the 3rd quarter it was 42 to 0. The Falcons brought in the second and third strings and just played "protect' the rest of the game.. Julio only played a bit a few catches and he was out the rest of the game.

NYJ vs Miami - NYJ
Houston vs Atl - Atl
NYG vs Buff - Buff
Oak vs Chi - Oak
KC vs Cinci - Cinci
Jax vs Ind - Ind
Car vs TB - Car
Phi vs Wash - Phi
Cle vs SD - SD
STL vs Ari - Ari
Min vs Den - Den
GB vs SF - GB
Dal vs NO - Dal
Det vs Sea - Sea

I did not do as well on my picks this week....
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

SoulBiter wrote:
I did not do as well on my picks this week....
But you SHOULD have. At least three of those losses absolutely should have gone the other way. There ain't no justice.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I did get that last one right as well, although it was a close call. Damnit megatron! Hold on to the ball!!!! Yeah there was a no call penalty for 'batting' the ball out of the end zone...but it shouldnt come to that. What a horrible way to lose a game!

(edit)
Here are my picks for this week

Colts vs Texans - Colts
Red Skins vs Falcons - Falcons
Browns vs Ravens - Ravens
Seahawks vs Bengals - Bengals (maybe the best game this week)
Rams vs Packers - Packers
Bears vs Chiefs - Chiefs
Saints vs Eagles - Eagles (this could go either way pretty easy)
Jags vs Bucs - Bucs (only because they are playing in Tampa)
Bills vs Titans - Bills
Cards vs Lions - Cards (another good game for this week)
Pats vs Dallas - Pats...(wont even be close)
Broncos vs Raiders - Broncos (how long can the def carry the Broncos)
49'rs vs Giants - Giants (The 9'rs are a mess)
Steelers vs Chargers - Chargers (this can go either way as well)

Finally some of the better teams are playing each other so we can start separating the true contenders from those that are just hopefuls. I will throw the Falcons into the hopefuls all year because they have such a soft schedule. The only contender they play are the Panthers who also haven't beaten anyone of note.

Bengals vs Seahawks shapes up to be a big game. But I think the Bengals take this. The Seahawks offense has not really been good. Their defense continues to carry them.
Cards vs Lions is the next one that could be a really good game. The Lions are not as bad as their record suggests. They have possibly the most difficult schedule of any team in the league.
Colts vs Texans - It will be interesting to see if the Texans come back after that punch in the mouth they took last week. Sometimes it takes that for a team to realize they arent as good as they think they are and they start playing better afterward.

Return to “Sports”