Ur-vile WIP (alpha)

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

Phillip
Servant of the Land

Ur-vile WIP (alpha)

Post by Phillip »

uploading pictures[/img]

Hello so this is a early pic of the Ur-vile model im working on. Its giving me some trouble so might be a while before i post with them in action. I had a good hunt around the net and really liked Zorm's depiction of them, its not a direct copy but the influence is there. I thought it might be fun to do a "making of" video should be really boring for most lol, however i do have some test animations near the end. https://youtu.be/ETBjGTrCay0
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I like these, Phillip. For one, you didn't design their heads with blank spaces where eyes are supposed to be. Frostheart Grueburn, she who used to be Zorm, and I have discussed this a bit. Mouth like a slit - check. Arms and legs about equal length ... possibly not. But give them some jerrids and dirks, and you have some scary looking dudes. Well done.
Phillip
Servant of the Land

Post by Phillip »

Yea its a shame i cant draw it would solve alot of problems :)
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Phillip wrote:Yea its a shame i cant draw it would solve alot of problems :)
BTW, the comment about the places for eyes was meant to be a positive comment ... they shouldn't be there IMO. Looking back at what I wrote, I can see I was a bit ambiguous.
Phillip
Servant of the Land

Post by Phillip »

No worries you have some pretty valid points, about the arms and legs that has more to do with animation. It has to have a functional anatomy both as a biped and quadruped. Yea i could do it exactly as it is written but to make it look natural...thats above my skill level. As for the face i put the inverted nasal passage as a feature rather than a rest position, to see what i mean please check out the making video i did its around 33:40... its intense cant wait to finish these fellas.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

There have been 3D renderings of some Chronicles creatures in the past (have you been to Album > Laborium yet?) but never any animation AFAICR.
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

I like it.

Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Thank you for sharing, Phillip! I enjoyed it! :)
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Aww, the right one's rather cute. :biggrin: *gives ickle ur-critter a pat on the head*

Also glad to have been of inspiration. ;)

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”