Artwork of Covenant's Ring?

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

Aaron_Baugher
Servant of the Land

Artwork of Covenant's Ring?

Post by Aaron_Baugher »

Has anyone done or seen artwork of Covenant's ring, either by itself or in action? I haven't been able to find any. Web searches turn up regular white gold rings, but it'd be nice to see something conceptually tied to how readers see it, like the pictures of characters here.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Re: Artwork of Covenant's Ring?

Post by Vraith »

Aaron_Baugher wrote:Has anyone done or seen artwork of Covenant's ring, either by itself or in action? I haven't been able to find any. Web searches turn up regular white gold rings, but it'd be nice to see something conceptually tied to how readers see it, like the pictures of characters here.
Huh...that would be weird if none of the visual creators here did anything on the damn ring.---but I don't recall seeing any??? [my memory is not totally reliable about pic things in particular.]
Some Watch Content Master will likely be along with better info for you.
They'll also be along to say "Welcome" and "nice to have a newbie" and "you could introduce yourself in the blah blah thread and warm huggie stuff like that.

EDITED TO ADD: Oh, I see some of that stuff is already going on.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Phillip
Servant of the Land

Post by Phillip »

Welcome Aaron :D if you come up with some ideas let me know. Little off the topic but does anyone have a good idea on the lay out of Revelstone they could share with me???
Aaron_Baugher
Servant of the Land

Post by Aaron_Baugher »

Thanks for the welcomes, here and in the other thread. As an artist, I'm a pretty good computer programmer, so I'm afraid I won't be able to make anything myself.

I think it's described in the books as a simple white gold ring with no stones or decorations, so maybe it hasn't seemed like an interesting thing to draw.

There's a scene where someone jams the ring onto Covenant's half-hand and makes him do something....darn, I guess it's time to read the books again if I can't remember it better than that.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Aaron_Baugher wrote:
I think it's described in the books as a simple white gold ring with no stones or decorations, so maybe it hasn't seemed like an interesting thing to draw.
Yea, likely by itself, just sitting there or being worn.
[[though I can imagine a withered/damaged half hand...dark, pain-filled, blurry insensate flesh---and only a plain, simple, white-gold band. A real visual person could probably compose/create something with those elements, [only better...hands and fruit in a bowl are---well, hard to make special anymore? Given the number of them that exist]]
But when it is in action---that would seem like a possibly interesting subject. It would be one of the focal points of the energy/dynamics/flow of the piece---influencing/embedded in elements like composition, color, light---wouldn't it?
And there were instances where it [the ring itself, and its emanations/radiance] was colored/affected by other powers.
Seems to me there are many dynamic/dramatic and central-to-the-story scenes where the force/participation of the ring would be an absolutely essential...and powerful if well done...element.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

The Watch probably has the largest collection of Chronicles-inspired artwork on the web. There's a forum, where (unfortunately) links to art can go stale, and we have The Laborium (in the Album section - see the link at the top of the page) where ideally art gets uploaded for posterity.

I cannot think of any specific ring artwork, but there're several pieces depicting Covenant. For example, this great piece by jwaneeta. Or this, by blackhawk. Perhaps something will inspire you.

Now, if you had wanted Giants ...
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Aaron_Baugher wrote:As an artist, I'm a pretty good computer programmer, so I'm afraid I won't be able to make anything myself.
:lol:
Aaron B. wrote:I think it's described in the books as a simple white gold ring with no stones or decorations, so maybe it hasn't seemed like an interesting thing to draw.
There's some cover art on one set of the books.

It annoyed me, because it looked like yellow gold and was so boring.

On the other hand, any sort of situation where the ring causes TC and everything to coruscate with a burst of argent flame... is worth depicting.
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Scott Brick had a white ring on his audio books that's rather sharp. (Check out the image of Melenkurion Skyweir in one, a red moon in the other.)

Image Image

Then there's Covenant Bands.
Phillip
Servant of the Land

Post by Phillip »

How about when Covenant gets the Krill?? That would looks awesome with both the ring and sword active. In fact thats prolly one of the best bits in the series. If done right would look amazing!
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

this is something i did along time ago. not very white gold like but its the only actual ringwork i did.

kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=2265

I cant remember why i put Beloved as the inscription on the inside of the ring, its been a while since i read or listened to the chronicles but I thought that Linden had the ring inscribed after she took possession of it in the "real" world
Aaron_Baugher
Servant of the Land

Post by Aaron_Baugher »

Thanks, everyone! Some very nice ones there.

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”