The Wounded Land available on audio!

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Hunchback Jack
<i>Elohim</i>

The Wounded Land available on audio!

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Scott Brick has recorded, produced, and released the first volume of the Second Chronicles on audio. The One Tree and White Gold Wielder will be available in October and December, respectively.

Read his announcement - and pre-order the trilogy - here:

Announcement (well worth reading)
Order The Wounded Land
Pre-order the Second Chronicles

(Scott, if you ever read this, THANK YOU! We'd never have seen either trilogy on audio if it weren't for you, and we appreciate it!)
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Well, he is a member, although he hasn't been around for a while. :D

--A
Audio Covenant
Stonedownor

Post by Audio Covenant »

Hunchback Jack, thanks so much for announcing this, I truly appreciate it. And believe me, as a lifelong SRD/Covenant fan, it was my honor and privilege to create the audiobook editions. I hope you're enjoying listening as much as I loved recording them.

And Avatar, yes indeed, it's been a long time. Life intervenes sometimes, but I'm grateful to be back among friends. Always great spending time on the Watch.

Thanks for listening,

Scott
Are you a storyteller, Thomas Covenant?

I was, once.

And you gave it up? Ah, that is as sad a tale in three words as any you might have told me. But a life without a tale is like a sea without salt. How do you live?

I live.

Another? In two words, a story sadder than the first. Say no more -- with one word you will make me weep.
Hunchback Jack
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Scott, you're very welcome.

I've long enjoyed both Donaldson's work and listening to audiobooks, so when I saw nothing had been posted here about your release of The Wounded Land, I fixed it. :)

Congratulations on the release! I have pre-ordered the Second Trilogy already.

{off-topic}
By the way I'm currently listening to the Passage Trilogy and I'm really enjoying your narration. I'm about half-way through The Twelve.

If I had a blog, I'd write a post called 'Spending 90 hours with Scott Brick at the End of the World'. It's probably just as well I don't have a blog :)
{/off-topic}

HBJ
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Congratulations, HBJ. Only a dozen posts in, and you have proudly qualified for THOOOTP (The Holy Order of Off-Topic Posters).

Remember, thread drift is inevitable... ;)

Yes, Scott's narration really illuminates the works he reads. :clap:
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Audio Covenant wrote: And Avatar, yes indeed, it's been a long time. Life intervenes sometimes, but I'm grateful to be back among friends. Always great spending time on the Watch.
Good to have you back. :D

--A
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

StephenRDonaldson.com News wrote:"The Second Chronicles" audiobooks: Finally!

After months or years of delays and misinformation, The Wounded Land will be released by Amazon/Audible on July 5, 2022. The next two books will be made available at specific intervals thereafter. Only God and the distributer know what those intervals will be.

I'm sorry this has taken so long. Please accept my regrets. None of it has been under my control.

5/18/22
Presumably this is Scott Brick's recording. In which case, the news is that it is finally for sale on Audible, as it's only been available on Brick's website, which will make it much more accessible to many.
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

I subscribe to Audible. Just searched for The Wounded Land - it's not there!!! Is there a US version of Audible that is different from the UK version? It's so frustrating not being able to get the audible versions of the Covenant novels. Strange, I just found Seventh Decimate on Audible, narrated by Scott Brick. The only Chronicles available is an abridged version of Runes read by Anton Lesser who, I think, read some of the Erikson books. I preferred the other bloke who read most of the Fallen series.
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Here's the US Link: https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Wounded- ... B0B2JK6ZSX

I haven't heard anything about why it would not be available, or available at a later date, in the UK.

On the other hand, the ONLY Chronicles book on audible.co.uk is The Runes of the Earth, but not the one read by Scott Brick.

I am sure it all makes sense to someone. Publishers and retailers and contracts, oh my!
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Thanks Wayfriend. I've investigated the link and signed in to Amazon but it seems I have to subscribe to the US version as well as the UK one. I've actually got the abridged Runes audible book. I'll wait and see if they become available on Audible Uk.

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Yeah. Didn't think it'd be as easy as "That's a nice book, I'll buy it."

Maybe you can let your UK subscription lapse at some point, and get a US one for a year.
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

On Saturday I sent an email to Audible.uk asking whether the Scott Brick narrations of SRD's book were, or would be in the future, available on their site. Surprisingly I received a reply on the same day! Apparently they may become available in the future and I was given a link to request a book that wasn't currently available in the UK. Haven't tried it yet but I will get another credit at the beginning of February so will have a try.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”