2016 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

The Falcons have a bad habit of getting other teams back their mojo LOL.

Our Offense is rocking, its our D that stinks. We tend to be a defense of two halves of football. We cant stop anyone in either the first half or the second depending on which game it is.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I watched the Green Bay/Atlanta game from a recording yesterday. Its always different on TV than in person. I was surprised (I dont know why) that for three quarters it was the Aaron Rodgers love fest. It didnt matter what great plays Atlanta made, they kept going on and on about Rodgers. Finally in that last drive Matt Ryan was getting some announcing love.

I have to say, when the Falcons got that last TD and there were still 31 secs on the clock, I was thinking, "here we go, he will go down and get in field goal range". But the Defense finally stepped up in that last 30 secs and shut it all down.

Tomorrow is the big game as far as I'm concerned. Atlanta wins this and they move up to 2 games ahead in the division with the Tampa the only team with a real shot at this point of challenging for it. The Panthers and Saints would have to go on a winning spree for the rest of the season to try to catch up and hope Tampa or Atlanta goes on a losing spree.

Atlanta's schedule gets a bit weaker going forward. Rams, Cards, Niners all look winnable and Chiefs and Eagles as more challenging. Then of course gotta play Carolina and the Saints and both will want revenge for getting beat earlier in the year. Last game of the year will be with the Saints at Atlanta and playing in the last game of the regular season (and maybe the year depending on how the NFC plays out) played in the Georgia Dome. (New dome is the Mercedes Benz dome and is schedule to be ready for 2017)
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Congrats SB. The Falcons looked very good against the Bucs.

As to my home team I can't say as I'm all that surprised by the results. The Bucs defense has quite a bit of improving to do. Aside from a couple of good plays (one that resulted in a Matt Ryan sack/fumble) the Bucs D-Line didn't do nearly enough to put pressure on the QB and if you let Matt Ryan and JJ have time they will kill you.

I'm sorry to say it so early but...maybe next year. :-(

If they weren't in the Bucs division I'd be a bigger fan of the Falcons but if any team but the Bucs wins the division I'm glad it looks like it will be Atlanta.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I thought Tampa did well until the third quarter and then a couple three and outs let it get away. The penalties were an issue as well and cost TB some field position. The one Julio catch was incomplete, I'm surprised that wasn't overturned. What Tampa eally needs is a better offensive line. Hawley is serviceable but he was not good as a center for the Falcons. Antone Smith is a good backup RB but is prone to injury. Evans was a beast and had a great game!!!
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Well its just me in here still. So the Falcons lost to Philly then had a bye and won at home against the Cards 38 - 19.

But the Saints have also decided its time to win some games and not just give the division away. Panthers lost again and are pretty much out of contention. Tampa is also on a winning spree and won against KC and then just this weekend against the Seahawks as if to say... "why not us?" Atlanta is ahead by a game and a half but need to keep winning to lock up the division. A stumble at the wrong time would be bad.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I still believe it will be Atlanta at the top of the division in the end however The Saints did what they could to stay in the conversation. Of course the Bucs are one game behind the Falcons but those positions could change from week to week going forward. Atlanta may stumble at some point and if Tampa Bay stays on a streak they could pull even but looking at the schedule I don't think the Bucs have a lot more wins in them.

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

They certainly had a win in them yesterday, Tom. Probably not one you counted on prior to the game. Congratulations. That was painfully impressive.

Fortunately, the rest of the NFC West also lost, so the Seattle didn't lose any conference standing. Now to settle up next Sunday night with Cam & company for last January. Go Hawks!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Since the Panthers are pretty much out of it, I will be rooting for the Panthers for once LOL. Sorry man....if the Falcons have to make a road trip of it in the post season I would really not want to have to go through Seattle.

Also would be nice if Dallas dropped a few of their next games. Vikings and Giants would be two that could go either way for sure. Although I dont think I want the Giants to get hot at the wrong time. We have seen how that turns out LOL
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Being so busy with work and school, I've watched almost no football at all this year.

How in the hell are the Raiders 9-2?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Cail wrote:Being so busy with work and school, I've watched almost no football at all this year.

How in the hell are the Raiders 9-2?
Its no surprise really. Every team eventually finds a capable quarterback, reliable wideouts, a solid O-line, a running game and a stout Defense at some point. The Raiders have done that very thing and its translating into wins for the first time in years. Now we're all wondering how this team will do in the playoffs which is a surprise.

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Yep.. the Raiders are rocking and will not be a pushover in the off season. I'm hoping to see them play the Patriots who had a cream puff schedule this year and see how they do.

I would like to see the Chargers beat the Bucs this week
Also like to see the Lions beat the Saints.

That would pretty much lock in the Division for the Falcons.

Outside of that as I said, I also would like to see the Panthers beat the Seahawks so there is less chance of the Falcons having to travel to Seattle.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Gronkowski out for the year for the Pats. so very glad the picked up Bennett in the off season to play tight end.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

Well, the bus pulled up for Gus Bradley, and the long slog of the walking dead is finally done for him. 2 games to go and then a new, and hopefully better coach. :cry:
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Falcons are playing for a number 2 seed and a bye this week. Playing the Saints in the last regular season in the Georgia Dome. The Saints would love to be spoiler and not only sent the GA Dome out with a loss but also to take away the bye and force the Falcons to play through. What I would love to see is the Falcons win and get the 2 seed, then win their first playoff game at home and have Dallas lose the same week, forcing the NFCCG through Atlanta
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

It WAS a good year for me...almost every weekend at least two, sometimes ALL the teams I like to see win were winning.
Especially Raiders! Fuck YEA!.
Then Carr is smote. Shit.
At least Green Bay is on a hot roll. The O can probably keep it up...
Not at all sure the D can, though.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

The Falcons literally stunned the Saints to secure a number 2 seed and a bye. By the half it was 38 to 13. I still say its a bad idea to let a team chip back in even if you are so far ahead its a wild shot to come back. I can bet you Sean Peyton or Bilichek (sp?)would not have taken the foot off. It would have been 70 to 13 and he would still be trying for more points. In fact I remember a number of years ago (2011?) when the Saints were killing it, the score was very lopsided and they continued to pad Drew Brees stats so he could beat some kind of record he was going after. I think it was 45 - 10 or some such.

After the half, the defense went into prevent Zone and the offense went into prevent and eat time by just running the ball and not taking any chances. By the fourth, most of the starters weren't playing although Matt Ryan stayed in through out. The only thing that really made it close was the Saints were able to get the ball on an onside kick in garbage time and get a quick TD, then they tried again the offense put their regulars back in and the 'speed team, to recover the ball and that iced the game.

Hopefully they know they cant do that in the playoffs.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

SoulBiter wrote:I still say its a bad idea to let a team chip back in even if you are so far ahead its a wild shot to come back. I can bet you Sean Peyton or Bilichek (sp?)would not have taken the foot off. It would have been 70 to 13 and he would still be trying for more points. In fact I remember a number of years ago (2011?) when the Saints were killing it, the score was very lopsided and they continued to pad Drew Brees stats so he could beat some kind of record he was going after. I think it was 45 - 10 or some such.
Your men are looking pretty impressive, for sure.
I don't usually approve of backing off, either...cuz shit happens.
On a related note---some people I know were complaining about the KC/Poe TD trickery vs Denver. The usual "unsportsmanlike" and such whinery. I had to remind them that not once, but several times [and maybe a lot...but I personally witnessed several] the precious Broncos have been leading by several scores in the last two minutes and STILL sent all-out blitzes and knocked QB's around. Goose/Gander...Pot/Kettle.
Besides, Poe tossing that thing was PRICELESS.

I'm sure you've seen it, but just in case you haven't:

www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/ ... mp-pass-TD
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Playoffs start today....
My picks are

Seahawks
Steelers
Texans
Packers
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

My picks for week 2 are

Falcons
Packers
Patriots
Steelers
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

SoulBiter wrote:My picks for week 2 are

Falcons
Packers
Patriots
Steelers
I tend to agree.

Return to “Sports”