President Trump

Archive From The 'Tank
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

More winning.
Serbia and Kosovo have agreed to normalize economic ties, U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday, hailing what he called a "major breakthrough" more than a decade after Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008.

Trump, speaking in the Oval Office before a meeting with the leaders of Serbia and Kosovo, said Serbia had also committed to moving its embassy to Jerusalem, and Kosovo and Israel had agreed to normalize ties and establish diplomatic relations.
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Okay
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Ok? How many treaties and deals will be good enough?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:Okay
Better than "okay". Whether you acknowledge it or not, this is a big deal. Then again, if you were a child during the Bush years, you have no idea how big of a deal this is.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

"Joe Biden, a former U.S. vice president and senator who vied for the Democratic Party presidential nomination in 2020, as well as earlier in his career, was excused from military service in 1968 because of asthma as a teenager."

So neither side wins there.

And polls can say whatever you want them to say.

Are we to take it that you believe the hit piece from the Atlantic?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

I note that, the closer we get to November 3rd, the less this deeply unpleasant knife fight becomes about policies and the more it becomes about the alleged characters of the two figureheads.

If it wasn't for the fact that this whole depressingly shoddy contest is for BOTH sides simply and solely about the acquisition of power (albeit only for utterly self-serving purposes and nothing else), any right-thinking person would hold it in complete dismissive contempt as the most inglorious, unworthy and vicious of petty spats.

Is this seriously what the West's last remaining superpower has descended into? Is this seriously the best the US can come up with?

I've mentioned contempt above... frankly, the contempt that BOTH sides clearly hold the US electorate in, what with the ever more personalised, caustic and deliberately dumbed down narratives they're so desperately spinning as they clash for the opportunity to get their snouts in the trough, is breath-takingly shocking. Exactly how droolingly cretinous must they both think you guys are?

And it's thought that the Tank might have problems with ad hominem attacks... :roll:

From a somewhat distanced observer's viewpoint, forget any damage to the US's global reputation that has been caused by Trump's presidency (and sure, there's been a not inconsiderable amount). However, that pales into total insignificance when compared to the far FAR greater diminishment of such that's being rubbed in the eyes of the rest of the world by BOTH "proud parties" and their ever more extreme supporters as this quintessentially tawdry, "absolutely no holds barred" and very public spectacle lurches towards its depressing conclusion.
Last edited by TheFallen on Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

Right.

It is depressing but it’s not just the US experience .. jezus we have some doozies here and you guys in the questionable UK do too.

The luxury for us is that our clown shows are yet to come ... AGAIN 🤦‍♀️

TBH Politics is pretty shit ... but the more time that passes I wonder why we, the electorate invest soooo heavily in all the BS.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Sky - in America 🇺🇸 we have freedoms that still can be taken away.

In your Australia 🇦🇺 the police 🚔 arrested a pregnant 😳 woman 👩 in her pajamas for posting about a peaceful protest. Hours before she was to have an ultrasound.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/03/asia/aus ... index.html
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

It's often said - and with no doubt a great deal of truth - that socioculturally speaking and from a Zeitgeist point of view, the UK runs about 5 years (maybe 10 max) behind the US.

We are not (yet) quite so ludicrous, when it comes to politicking, though recent years have shown that we seem to be mindlessly following along, sticking to pretty much the exact same already ploughed furrow.

I would like to think that archetypal and long-ingrained Brit national characteristics and tendencies - such as reserve, reticence, understatement, sense of irony and penchant for self-deprecation and not taking ourselves too seriously - might save us from devolving into quite the same equally tragic and farcical depths of utter caricature and pantomime...

..but I strongly suspect that this hope is forlorn. Our traditional national character is fast-eroding and so it will merely delay the inevitable for a while, until it vanishes altogether.

And then? Bring on the clowns. In fact, try stopping them. No chance. Can't wait. Hip hip hoo-fucking-ray.
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

sgt.null wrote:Sky - in America 🇺🇸 we have freedoms that still can be taken away.

In your Australia 🇦🇺 the police 🚔 arrested a pregnant 😳 woman 👩 in her pajamas for posting about a peaceful protest. Hours before she was to have an ultrasound.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/03/asia/aus ... index.html
Yup I said we have our problems 😉
charged with incitement after promoting an anti-lockdown protest
The Victorian government have implemented stringent COVID protocols.

I cant say Im happy with them or agree with them either.

Maybe we are all in different stages of being fucked as a species 😉
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Sky - too bad 👎 your citizens didn't fight for freedom from the government. But i am starting to understand why you favor the left. The democrats want us 🇺🇸 to be subjects. Australians 🇦🇺 are subjects.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Well there may be some truth to that ... that we are subjects 😉 we still are bond to the Queen after all.

But Aussies stand up for their rights all the time, its just that there are no such constitutional prescribed freedoms nor such protections for said freedoms.

So it is a subject we see very differently.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

so do you agree with the arrest of the pregnant woman?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Answered above 😉 maybe you missed it
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Obi-Wan Nihilo wrote:
ur-Nanothnir wrote:Okay
Better than "okay". Whether you acknowledge it or not, this is a big deal. Then again, if you were a child during the Bush years, you have no idea how big of a deal this is.
It's all just desperation--ur-Nanothnir has thrown himself, body and soul, behind Biden and therefore he must attempt to tear down anything which threatens Biden.

Trump actually does support the military because he is wanting to start bringing foreign-deployed troops back home. We have been in Afghanistan so long that the second generation of people are deployed there--no, seriously, there is a guy stationed in Afghanistan and his daughter (she is probably 20 by now) is also in the same unit and stationed there, as well. That is insane.

I doubt Biden remembers being excused in 1968, sarge.

Really good news about Serbia and Kosovo, though--another foriegn policy win. Remember the good old days when there were ethnic cleansings in that region and Bill Clinton did nothing to try and stop it?
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

He hasn't brought anyone home yet .. so not sure he really supports the military .. I would think it is ever present on Bidens memory being excused as it is for Trump .. remember young bone spurs Donald?

Clearly no vying for heroism in either of these two.

Kinda not all that different to what is happening in Syria today ... ;)
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

At least what I say is supported by data. What you say is all either lies, misinterpretation of data, and cherrypicking only data that confirms your own biases.

You are quite the propagandist, Hashi. That isn't surprising since apparently you "hobnob" with Republican politicians.

You are hardly an impartial person here, and you seek to uphold your viewpoint no matter what, as evidenced by your gleeful support of the "80% vote rule" for the Texas legislature.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Skyweir wrote:He hasn't brought anyone home yet
That is why I said "wants to". Even the CiC cannot simply order troops to stand down and be shipped home; it is a drawn-out process that takes longer than many people would like.

I provide the raw data--check my posts on the actual numbers of people killed by police, the Electoral College breakdown shoing a clear Biden lead at this time, and the crime in cities led by Democrats. You don't have to like the data because I am the source but you cannot disagree with it.

And, yes, I do hobnob with Republican politicians these days. I am looking out for the future of my State and the Democrat future leads only to Detroit.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.

Return to “Coercri”