🤔 ... Ive not encountered that one yet.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Skyweir wrote:🤔 ... Ive not encountered that one yet.
I had the misfortune of clicking a tweet and reading the comments of the compassionate left there. They were openly calling for the military to execute Trump. I do fear what will.happen if Trump is elected again. The peaceful protesters may decide a higher body count is needed to get their point across.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Yes, it was a joke. Except the photo of the crazed, fanatical Trump supporter. That is real. That is what you people look like to me.

In other news, my family has found out I am voting for Biden this year, and I was called a "nigger lover." I thought the right-wing was supposed to be tolerant of a diversity of opinion? Seems not.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Ur - if your family actually called you that, that is on them.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:In other news, my family has found out I am voting for Biden this year, and I was called a "nigger lover." I thought the right-wing was supposed to be tolerant of a diversity of opinion? Seems not.
Sounds like you need to distance yourself from your family, then, if they are going to act and talk like that.

Driving around the Metroplex, the only political signs I have seen that have been vandlized are Republican ones--the Democrat supporters simply don't know any better than not to vandalize a sign.

Incidentally, no Republican has ever called for making differing opinions a crime but plenty of Democrats have called for making "climate denial" an actual crime punishable by fines and jail time.

Now....about that post re: Trump being the Anti-Christ.....well, Obama was the Messiah (there was a website devoted to it) so I suppose the other end of the spectrum is allowable. Interestingly, aren't most Democrats atheists these days? If so, then they don't believe in an anti-christ at all so posting about it amusing. I could counter by saying that "wearing a mask" is "accepting the Mark of the Beast" because you cannot go to stores and make purchases without wearing one, but that would be alarmist.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Yes it would be alarmist and not a little ridiculous

but meh ... Trump has an entire nutter following that think him they chosen, messiah etc 🤦‍♀️

All just gooey hooey... from where I sit 😉and there’s no accounting for intelligence or the lack thereof lol 😂 🤷‍♀️ hey even nutters need love 😉
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Sounds like you need to distance yourself from your family, then, if they are going to act and talk like that.
Yes, it is pretty disappointing, and quite frankly shocking to hear that come from my mother's mouth. It all started over her ranting about the BLM and something about Pelosi or Biden (or both?) "bowing down" to the "goddamn blacks" (not the term used ofc) in a literal sense.

-------

I am pretty sure every president in recent memory has been called the Antichrist, lol.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:lol: By somebody anyway. :D

--A
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

This is a HUGE story about CORRUPTION in the Trump administration. (If we lived in normal times, it would be a BIG DEAL.)
What to make of the DHS whistleblower's shocking complaint

Top Trump administration officials at the Department of Homeland Security repeatedly ordered subordinates to suppress or change US intelligence reports on critical national security issues - including election interference by Russia - so they wouldn't contradict the president or make him look bad.

That's according to an explosive new whistleblower complaint released by the Democrat-led House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday afternoon. The complaint was filed by Brian Murphy, who until recently headed intelligence and analysis at DHS.
  1. That then-Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen repeatedly, and perhaps knowingly, exaggerated the number of suspected terrorists crossing the southern border into the US in official documents and sessions with lawmakers - despite having been briefed numerous times by Murphy that the numbers she was citing were not accurate.
  2. That DHS acting Deputy Secretary Ken Cuccinelli told Murphy to alter an intelligence report detailing the high levels of corruption, violence, and economic problems in Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras to make those countries look like safe destinations for migrants, a judgment that would aid Trump's restrictive asylum policy.
  3. That DHS acting Secretary Chad Wolf, at the request of White House National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien, ordered Murphy to "cease providing intelligence assessments on the threat of Russian interference in the United States and instead start reporting on interference activities by China and Iran."
  4. That Cuccinelli and Wolf at different times instructed Murphy to modify domestic terrorism threat assessments to downplay the threat from white supremacists and add information on the prominence of violent left-wing groups like antifa "to ensure [the assessments] matched up with the public comments by President Trump."
[link]
But wait ... there's more of the same!
Trump's HHS alters CDC documents for political reasons, official says

Trump-appointed communications officials at the US Department of Health and Human Services pushed to change language of weekly science reports released by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention so as not to undermine President Donald Trump's political message, according to a federal health official.

The source said some federal health officials at the CDC believe the interference to be an effort to change communications by the CDC's scientists so as not to contradict the President. Since the beginning of the pandemic, Trump has repeatedly downplayed the significance of the virus, sometimes contradicting his own White House task force doctors.

In a statement to CNN, Caputo defended the actions and praised Alexander.
"Dr. Paul Alexander is an Oxford educated epidemiologist and a methodologist specializing in analyzing the work of other scientists. Dr. Alexander advises me on pandemic policy and he has been encouraged to share his opinions with other scientists," the statement read. "Like all scientists, his advice is heard and taken or rejected by his peers."

Caputo went on to criticize the CDC with conspiratorial accusations, saying, "Our intention is to make sure that evidence, science-based data drives policy through this pandemic -- not ulterior deep state motives in the bowels of CDC." [link]
Yes! He defends this action by SPOUTING CONSPIRACY THEORIES! Woot.
Top HHS spokesman runs through conspiracies in video and claims without evidence CDC scientists are working to resist Trump

The top spokesman for the Department of Health and Human Services issued an extraordinary broadside on Sunday against career government scientists, accusing them of "sedition" in their response to coronavirus and claiming without evidence that a critical federal health agency has a "resistance unit" against President Donald Trump.

... "And when Donald Trump refuses to stand down at the inauguration, the shooting will begin," he said. "The drills that you've seen are nothing." He also added, "If you carry guns, buy ammunition, ladies and gentlemen, because it's going to be hard to get."
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Skyweir wrote:but meh ... Trump has an entire nutter following that think him they chosen, messiah etc
I do feel compelled to put the other side of the same coin forward, whenever such statements are made.

Equally, the Dems have gone out of the way to court "an entire nutter following", because they have at more than one time quite pre-meditatedly painted Trump as the embodiment of Evil... or Antichrist if you like.

There will without doubt be fringe lunatics who absolutely believe Nano's satirically posted images on the previous page to be utter gospel truth.

Really, when it comes to the swivel-eyed on both sides, there is literally no difference whatsoever to either the degree or the insanity of their swivel-eyedness. The only defining factor is which of the two trenches they've permanently dug themselves into.
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."

Post by wayfriend »

No. You are not "swivel-eyed" for seeing a corrupt person as corrupt, an immoral person as immoral, a liar for being a liar, a thief for being a thief.

You ARE swivel-eyed if you believe anyone believing these things must be swivel-eyed.

You ARE a nut if you are promoting that Sister Teresa is evil. You're NOT a nut if you are promoting that Charles Manson is.

POINT: enthusiasm is not, in and of itself, indicative of mindless zealotry.

(Watch for the people who claim it is. They're the con men.)
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Well, Trump being a conman is pretty obvious to a lot of people, but not everyone is able to see it apparently.
TheFallen

Post by TheFallen »

wayfriend wrote:No. You are not "swivel-eyed" for seeing a corrupt person as corrupt, an immoral person as immoral, a liar for being a liar, a thief for being a thief.

You ARE swivel-eyed if you believe anyone believing these things must be swivel-eyed.

You ARE a nut if you are promoting that Sister Teresa is evil. You're NOT a nut if you are promoting that Charles Manson is.

POINT: enthusiasm is not, in and of itself, indicative of mindless zealotry.
Now of course I don't disagree with that, WF.

(Well, with the possible exception of Mother Theresa, who recent research suggests may not have been entirely the saint she's traditionally held up as being, but that's by the by).

However, your statement does not relate in any way to my previous post, which simply asserts that both sides undoubtedly have their lunatic fringe. No more and no less than that.

So I am not at all sure why you posted as you did in reply? Or are you claiming that my assertion is not true?

I will caveat your final statement though, as per the following:-

CORRECTLY STATED POINT: enthusiasm is not, in and of itself, indicative of mindless zealotry... unless said enthusiasm entirely prevents you from taking an objective look at and forming a dispassionate judgement on your own side as well. If this is the case, then it is just indeed another indication of mindless zealotry.

(And watch for the people who do not draw that crucial distinction... they're the con men)
Last edited by TheFallen on Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

How funny ... my statement which you felt the need to “counter-balance” was me counter-balancing the previous post.

Meh can’t have too much balance 😉

And I agree with wayfriend’s additional qualifiers of the swivel-eyed syndrome you introduced above.

So I don’t read it as a disagreeing.. rather qualifying.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
TheFallen

Post by TheFallen »

Well hopefully you also see the sheer logic of my caveat to wf's incomplete assertion.

Post by sgt.null »

I see the crisis a day from theft is in full swing.

We will get annymous sources.

We will get whistle blowers.

All in the hopes that something sticks.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

sgt.null wrote:I see the crisis a day from theft is in full swing.

We will get annymous sources.

We will get whistle blowers.

All in the hopes that something sticks.
???

I think you have a typo. Wasn't sure what point you were making.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

should be the left. Not theft.

Was commenting on WF's DHS whistleblower.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

TheFallen wrote:However, your statement does not relate in any way to my previous post, which simply asserts that both sides undoubtedly have their lunatic fringe. No more and no less than that.
No. Your post strongly implied that they were lunatic because they "painted Trump as the embodiment of Evil." I reminded you that believing that an evil person (to wit, a corrupt, immoral liar and thief) is evil is not lunatic.

Back-peddler.
sgt.null wrote:I see the crisis a day from theft [sic] is in full swing.
There it is AGAIN!

When the president actually generates one crisis per day, it is not "lunatic" to point it out every day.

The president lies. "He lied!"
The president lies again. "He lied again!"
The president keeps lying. "He keeps lying!"

'''Gosh, you complain about the president lying so much, you must be a lunatic.''''

Both of you, sarge and The Fallen, are trying to put the blame on people responding to gross malfeasance in the presidency instead of where it belongs, on the presidency.

There is credible, fact based evidence that the president has corrupted almost every facet of government and has transformed it into an organ of aggrandizement of Trump. And you're issue is people complaining about Trump too much!!!!

You are cogs in the con machine.
TheFallen

Post by TheFallen »

wayfriend wrote:
TheFallen wrote:However, your statement does not relate in any way to my previous post, which simply asserts that both sides undoubtedly have their lunatic fringe. No more and no less than that.
No. Your post strongly implied that they were lunatic because they "painted Trump as the embodiment of Evil." I reminded you that believing that an evil person (to wit, a corrupt, immoral liar and thief) is evil is not lunatic.

Back-peddler.
Seriously?

Let me just check to make sure I understand you correctly here.

Here's what I actually said with regard to the issue of both sides courting extremists:-
TheFallen wrote:Equally, the Dems have gone out of the way to court "an entire nutter following", because they have at more than one time quite pre-meditatedly painted Trump as the embodiment of Evil... or Antichrist if you like.
Are you seriously claiming that either painting Trump as or believing Trump to be "the embodiment of Evil... or the Antichrist, if you like" - and those were the exact words I used in my post above - are acts of rational individuals? You think that's a rational level of degree to apply here?

Whether you stand by that apparent claim or not (and I know which my money's on) is actually entirely irrelevant. I'll absolutely stand by mine... which is far more than implied. It's baldly stated. Here it comes again and with no back peddling. After all, I'm not the poster with the much used choice of 50 reverse gears...

Any individual, body or organisation who/which looks to frame the current presidential contest in such a starkly extremist, absolute and hyperpolarised way is indeed either lunatic, lying or both.

I mean seriously, wf? You honestly think it's both rational and justified to present Trump as "the embodiment of Evil... or the Antichrist, if you like"? You see no hyperbole in that? You think it's an entirely commensurate and entirely accurate description?

:roll:

For the record, I do not believe in any droolingly simplistic binary take on reality. That's just another sort of insanity, lying or misdirection. To that end, I absolutely do not believe Trump to be either the Antichrist or the second coming of the Messiah. Similarly I equally absolutely do not believe Biden to be either of those things.

But that's probably because I'm not a lunatic.

Return to “Coercri”