2017 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I picked 3 wrong. Looks like I'm getting better.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

KC looked really good on Monday night. Alex Smith is having a career year. If they keep this up, it will be a KC superbowl.

On the NFC side, the Eagles are looking hard to beat.

As always it shakes out differently once the playoffs start.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Not completely against a KC PHI Superbowl. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Thursday

BUF@NYJ JETS WIN

Sunday

ATL@CAR (ATL)
CIN@JAX (JAX)
LAR@NYG (NYG)
DEN@PHI (PHI)
IND@HOU (HOU)
TAM@NO (NO)
BAL@TEN (TEN)
WAS@SEA (WAS)
ARI@SF (ARI)
KC@DAL (KC)
OAK@MIA (MIA)

Monday

DET@GB (DET)

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Thursday

BUF@NYJ JETS WIN

Sunday

ATL@CAR (ATL)
CIN@JAX (LAR)
LAR@NYG (NYG)
DEN@PHI (PHI)
IND@HOU (HOU)
TAM@NO (NO)
BAL@TEN (TEN)
WAS@SEA (SEA)
ARI@SF (ARI)
KC@DAL (KC)
OAK@MIA (MIA)

Monday

DET@GB (DET)
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Well I haven't been posting much. My Daughters wedding and then right after a demand from work to do 12 hour days and work through the weekend. So I just haven't had time. But I have been watching the football.

Overall, the AFC is manned by 2 teams and the NFC is a crowded batch where many teams still control their own destiny.

Dallas got steamrolled the last three games and is now out of the mix.
KC who had such a promising start is still ahead in their division but has lost 4 of their last 5.
Seahawks can still get into the playoffs but they have to win, and the Falcons have to lose. Currently all the teams in the NFC that are in the playoffs have the tie breaker agaisnt the Seahawks, so their road is harder.
Falcons won against the Cowboys and the Seahawks and now have to play a division game at home against Tampa Bay. Falcons have to win most of the Division games to make a run for it.
Tampa needs to win a couple of games in the division just to move up but are so far out in the conference I dont think they can make a run this year.
Panthers are still winning games but look vulnerable.If they drop a game in the NFC and the Falcons win a game, the Falcons move up and they move down.
Saints have won 8 in a row but their best test is tomorrow when they play the Rams.
Speaking of the Rams, they are not a pushover and look good as well.
Vikings are running away with their division with 9 wins.
The 9 win club is shared by the Eagles that look like the most complete team in the NFL.

As usual the Steelers and Patriots are the only contenders in the AFC. What a crappy division when it comes to competition.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Falcons took another step toward keeping their playoff hopes alive.

The Bucs did not. :-)

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

aTOMiC wrote:Falcons took another step toward keeping their playoff hopes alive.

The Bucs did not. :-)
The Bucs have the talent in many areas. Get rid of Mike Smith. Why would he single cover Julio all night and let him eat them up? Gotta get Winston back. He is the heart of this team and you can tell when he is out.

Fitzpatrick started well but then he seemed to quit making his throws. Granted Atlanta's D was giving pressure but I never saw him really need to run for his life.

Next up for the Falcons will be the Vikings. Another 9 win team. IF and I say that with baited breath.. If the Falcons can win this next one, I think they will be able to make a run for it again. Still gotta beat the Saints at least once, and the Panthers once... But if we beat the Vikings... I see that as achieveable.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Post Season!!!!

NFC South has 3 spots in the playoffs this year. I dont think I have ever seen that but there it is.

The Panthers looked horrible in the game against the Falcons. The Falcons defense was rocking it as they have this season. If Defense wins Championships, then this team has the makings of a playoff team that can go long.
Saints came into Tampa thinking Tampa would just fold, and they didnt. They played to the last snap and won the game. Lucky for the Saints, the Panthers lost and the Saints win the Division.

AFC - Its Patriots (again grrrrr), the Steelers, and the Jags in my opinion. It will be nice to see a different team in the AFC playoffs that is playing well. Jags lost in SF but that might be the smack in the mouth they need before a playoff run.

GAME ON!!!
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Congrats to the Falcons for getting in. :-)

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Falcons win in the wild card round. Off to Philly!!! Dilly dilly!!!
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Division week!!! Jags, Falcons, Pat's, Vikings move forward.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Well I was right about most of these except the one I wanted to be right about. LOL

So now the conference round.

Jags, Philly are my picks for the SB
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Well I got one of them right.

I don't have any interest in another Patriots SB.... I have not yet decided if I am even going to bother to watch.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

SoulBiter wrote: I have not yet decided if I am even going to bother to watch.
I hear you. Of course, having it on will be mandatory, as Dam-sel and Menolly will insist on seeing the commercials...but it has been a very long time since the vaunted Super Bowl commercials have really been that compelling.

Most likely, I will come up with an immersive cooking plan and raise the bar on continuous delivery of munchies. That and celebrate the fine local craft beers that will never be advertised during the Super Bowl. Dam-sel may join me for the non-IPA choices.

If I watch, I'll be favoring Philly. Apologies to NE partisans, but that's the way it is.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Savor Dam wrote:
SoulBiter wrote: I have not yet decided if I am even going to bother to watch.
I hear you. Of course, having it on will be mandatory, as Dam-sel and Menolly will insist on seeing the commercials...but it has been a very long time since the vaunted Super Bowl commercials have really been that compelling.

Most likely, I will come up with an immersive cooking plan and raise the bar on continuous delivery of munchies. That and celebrate the fine local craft beers that will never be advertised during the Super Bowl. Dam-sel may join me for the non-IPA choices.

If I watch, I'll be favoring Philly. Apologies to NE partisans, but that's the way it is.

:goodpost:
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I'm not really a fan of either team. I went 0-2 in the conference final round. I thought it would have been neat if the Vikings had played on their home field for the Super Bowl and the Jaguars were a good change of pace from the usual, having been pretty bad until recently.

I'll probably order a pizza and pick up a 6 pack of Bell's Two Hearted ale.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Here I am watching the pregame. Hoping for an Eagles win. What would be even better would be I'd the Pats could be up 25 in the first half and then have a fourth quarter collapse. Won't happen. Refs will again make sure the Pats win. Go Eagles annnnnnndddd Play ball!!!
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Philly Philly!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Dilly dilly!!

Return to “Sports”