Who has pre-ordered?

Book One of The Great God's War trilogy

Moderator: Savor Dam

Horrim Carabal
<i>Haruchai</i>

Who has pre-ordered?

Post by Horrim Carabal »

I'm not going to read any of the spoiler-laden posts in this forum, because I do not want to know anything before I crack my copy of Seventh Decimate. I am planning to buy the hardcover when it goes on sale, and save it until Christmas morning as a present to myself. I've done this before and really enjoy reading a highly-anticipated book over the holidays. Of course this is the highest of highly-anticipated books because SRD is my favorite writer.

Anwyay, not counting those of you who have preview copies, or friends on the inside who sent you copies in advance of the general sale date, or those who are SRD proofreaders, or those who have time machines and who have already come back from the future...

Who has pre-ordered the book so far?
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

I have pre-ordered the Kindle version. I'll support SRD the best I can within my budget :)
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I've found I get books sooner if I don't pre-order them. I buy them the day of release (or ASAP) at B&N. When I get it into the car, I crack the pages and smell the new-book-smell.
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

I'm a schmuck. I pre-ordered it.
The King has one more move.
Horrim Carabal
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Horrim Carabal »

wayfriend wrote:I've found I get books sooner if I don't pre-order them. I buy them the day of release (or ASAP) at B&N. When I get it into the car, I crack the pages and smell the new-book-smell.
I agree in prinicple but I have had so many bad experiences with the chain bookstore where I live, I have switched to Amazon. There are a few independent bookstores here, but none close to where I live.

As for Kindle vs Hardcover, I will purchase books I am trying out, or ones I am moderately interested in (usually nonfiction) on the Kindle, but for books I am really looking forward to, or new books from my favorite authors, it's hardcover for me. Money well spent.
Arturia
Stonedownor

Post by Arturia »

I've preordered from Amazon. Still waiting for UK publisher to announce the UK cover. I'll probably save until Christmas as well before I start to read it.
I do not belong. Where then shall I go?
Horrim Carabal
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Horrim Carabal »

Arturia wrote:I've preordered from Amazon. Still waiting for UK publisher to announce the UK cover. I'll probably save until Christmas as well before I start to read it.
Nothing better than a new SRD novel under my Christmas tree!
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Devoted SRD fan that I am, Chr-stmas doesn't feel like a time I'd want to open a new book of his. The themes he uses and the vibe he creates seem dissonant with the prevailing spirit of the season. Also, one is expected to at least pretend to be social at that time...and with a new SRD book beckoning, who wants to deal with people?
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Horrim Carabal
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Horrim Carabal »

Savor Dam wrote:Devoted SRD fan that I am, Chr-stmas doesn't feel like a time I'd want to open a new book of his. The themes he uses and the vibe he creates seem dissonant with the prevailing spirit of the season. Also, one is expected to at least pretend to be social at that time...and with a new SRD book beckoning, who wants to deal with people?
Hah! Good points. When I was 13 a friend from school loaned me LFB just before the Christmas break and I read it over the holidays. Thus started an unlikely yuletide tradition for me.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

I may pre-order it if the release date in Australia is significantly later than the US or UK (I haven't checked if there are differing release dates, but there usually are).

Alternatively, I'll hound 3 or 4 of the local bookshops every day and get it from whoever delivers first!
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Probably slap it onto my kindle, and wait for some wonderful friend to gift me the hardback *wink, wink*
zakyfarms
Servant of the Land

Post by zakyfarms »

Preordered the Kindle version - I expect to have it in about 90 minutes.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I didn't pre-order because I was counting on being able to walk into my local bookstore and pick up a copy on my way home from work. Was also happy to see that they had it displayed in their window.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

So what's the release date?

(Hell, I still don't have the two novella's yet...)

DANLO!

--A
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

The US release date was yesterday. Not sure about international date(s).

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Anywhere from 6 weeks to 4 months later usually.

(Oh, whaddaya know...can ship in 10 days if I order. I'll wait for the softcover though.)

--A
Horrim Carabal
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Horrim Carabal »

Sorus wrote:I didn't pre-order because I was counting on being able to walk into my local bookstore and pick up a copy on my way home from work. Was also happy to see that they had it displayed in their window.
My local bookstore had a display of Seventh Decimate as well. That surprised me, in a good way.

Return to “Seventh Decimate”