Hashi Lebwohl

The Gap Into Online Internet Conversation

Moderators: Cord Hurn, Cagliostro

JonasKyratzes
Servant of the Land

Hashi Lebwohl

Post by JonasKyratzes »

I think that Hashi is the one of the best characters ever created, and certainly the most fascinating character in The Gap. Sure, I also loved Vector, Dios and Angus, and a lot of other characters too, but Hashi is just ... brilliant.
I don't know why some people hate him ... he really is a good guy. Extremely intelligent, too.

What do you think about him?
Jonas Kyratzes - progressive game design and development
https://jonas.gamedeveloper.net
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I liked Hashi alot, as well. His speech could be annoying sometimes, but he was interesting. Funny thing is, ever since seeing Independence Day, I've come to picture Hashi as looking like the scientist in Area 51 - you know the one played by Brent Spiner. :roll:
pitchwife
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by pitchwife »

Hashi with the vague notion of truth... I admired him, I think he was my favorite character in the Gap, although Angus was the one that squeezed my emotions the most.
-pitch
We are who we are - and what we are not, we will never become
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Yeah, Hashi is pretty cool. He's a strange character, in that I thought he was going to be a bad guy when I first met him, but then he turned out cool. Like a lot of Gap characters I guess. But I wouldn't mind meeting Hashi. Just to see that crazy mind work.-jay |H
JonasKyratzes
Servant of the Land

Post by JonasKyratzes »

I loved the way he applied quantum theory to just about everything, and how humbled he felt in front of Dios. In a way I think he was the only character who fully understood Dios in the end.
Jonas Kyratzes - progressive game design and development
https://jonas.gamedeveloper.net
Director Dios

Hashi

Post by Director Dios »

I LOVE HASHI! He was perhaps my favorite character in the Gap series. One question though....given his name, do you suppose that SRD intended him to be of Asian descent?
amanibhavam
The Gap Into Spam

Post by amanibhavam »

Asian?? I think his name is definitely Jiddisch.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
love is the shadow that ripens the wine

Languages of Middle-Earth community on Google Plus
Pink Floyd community on Google Plus
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Probably 1/2 and 1/2 who knos what strange gene mix every1 has so far out in the future? (btw just wanted 2 post in a dif topic 4 a change since every1 esle who's come 2 the Gap in the last month has posted in Hooray! :D)
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Hooray!! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

:x ya little dickens!
Angus Thermopyle
Servant of the Land

Post by Angus Thermopyle »

I thought he was pretty slimey at first myself. Using Angus like that and then going behind Dios' back with Free Lunch.

But, like a lot of the characters, I think he manages to redeem himself in the end.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I agree Angus .. I thought he was pretty slimey at first too .. and I dont think it was till the final 2 books that I got a better handle on him
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Yeah, like I said, I thought at first that Hashi was going to be one of the "bad guys". But he did amend his mistakes, something that only a few characters did in the series.-jay
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I thought once Hashi became a lead character he was a pretty cool guy. About the only character in the book I identified with.

Nice to see you around, Jay.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Post by kevinswatch »

Heh, thanks. :D I've been swamped with school work. College sure arn't easy.-jay
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

i disliked him when he was first introduced. the reasons for this are quite simple; at first he represented himself as a person of sadistic natures. Hashi first actions are, making Angus urinate himself, he also instructs Angus to put his arms up like he is being crucified (I am aware that Angus is an evil bastard himself, at this point of the book he is represented as one anyway). and Angus could still feel pain, because he describes the pain while this is happening.
After he does these things he says, "I think i am in love". so he enjoyed humiliating Angus. so that really irritated me.
Then he says to goshen (sp?) that Angus is there to be played with, because by doing this he can validate Joshua functions correctly.
Then, once everyone has left the room he "plays" with angus some more.
Quote (not exact wording, i do not have the book with me at the present time)
"Hashi played with Angus some more. Angus tried to ignore the humiliation."
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Eh, it may be because I've only read the first two books, but what am I missing here? Hashi as a good guy? You have got to be kidding. Hashi as a good guy is like a shark with fur. Non-existant.
Or, perhaps it's that my knowledge is limited to the first two books. Prolly that.
When's he a good guy though? :?
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

When Donner and Frik were gone, Hashi spent some time playing with Angus before putting him back to bed. But Angus did his best to ignore the humiliation.
Exact quote.
UrLord
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by UrLord »

Hashi is one of the greatest characters ever created in any series. Ever. Though you may think he acts like a total ass after reading only the first two books, that's really just because you know next to nothing about him at that point. He never really "becomes" a good guy. He's the same character throughout the series, but you just have to keep reading to see the "real" him. I don't want to spoil anything, but I really admire (as much as a fictional character CAN be admired, anyway) his way of thinking and his convictions. Sure, he's got his own special set of morals, but he's not a bad guy in the end. Hashi is basically the kind of person I aspire to be; I identified with him more than any other character in the series.

Yeah, just label me a Hashi Lebwohl Fanboi, lol :D
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

UrLord = Hashi Fanboy :screwy:

Return to “The Gap Series”