Justice League

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
High Lord Tolkien wrote:This "Snyder Cut" is sounding pretty good.
I say "Snyder cut" because I heard that all the re-shoots and added footage are being done without him being involved?
Anyone know if that's true?

[…]
If by "without him being involved" you're referring to Snyder, then it was my impression that, rather, he's intimately involved in the reshoots/recuts.

This article seems to suggest as much.

High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Wosbald wrote:+JMJ+
High Lord Tolkien wrote:This "Snyder Cut" is sounding pretty good.
I say "Snyder cut" because I heard that all the re-shoots and added footage are being done without him being involved?
Anyone know if that's true?

[…]
If by "without him being involved" you're referring to Snyder, then it was my impression that, rather, he's intimately involved in the reshoots/recuts.

This article seems to suggest as much.

Wow, yeah, never mind what I heard. :D

Everything in that article sounded good to me.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

If they milk this for money, rather than letting this be generally available like every other movie, I will probably never see it.
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

For what it's worth, here's a piece about why ZSJL got made.

It's not a feel-good story.
The HBO Max release of the fabled "Snyder Cut" happened thanks to a mix of entitlement, harassment, and privilege. [link]
High Lord Tolkien

I saw it.
It was really good.
A million times better than the theatrical version.....although that was so bad maybe I should say billion. :D

Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

wayfriend wrote:For what it's worth, here's a piece about why ZSJL got made.

It's not a feel-good story.
The HBO Max release of the fabled "Snyder Cut" happened thanks to a mix of entitlement, harassment, and privilege. [link]
This is a film thread. Please contain politics to the political board.

Thank you.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I never even knew that there was a movement to make and release a Snyder cut. I thought it was just all the extra/deleted scenes which never made the final cut after Snyder left mid-film because of a suicide in the family. Then again, entertainment news is not really "news", which is why I don't follow it.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Hashi - I only care because I want the first Suicide Squad movie restored.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

sgt.null wrote:Hashi - I only care because I want the first Suicide Squad movie restored.
That movie had only three major mistakes with it. 1) Will Smith tried to make it all about him. 2) Not enough non-comic fans actually knew many of the main characters, especially Enchantress. 3) All the bad guys are "gangsta" because overuse of body art and piercings is "out of the norm" for your average moviegoer. Oh, yes, 4) not enough character development--Croc, Boomerang, and Katana barely got any screen time or plot at all. Gunn should know how to fit that in for his movie.

Anyway....saw it and it was okay, but not amazing or brilliant. That being said, DC really needs to stop trying to rely on Snyder for their movies--make more like Wonder Woman or especially Shazam--that movie holds up to repeated viewings.

edit/add: Leto's Joker wasn't actually that bad. Truthfully, after Ledger's performance any actor would have seemed to falter at the role, even if they had cast Tom Hiddleston.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

The new Suicide Squad trailer.

Language warning.

https://youtu.be/JuDLepNa7hw
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

The Snyder cut wasn't worth watching. It was cool to see Darkseid, but they failed to make him seem as powerful as he should seem (ie, no omega effect.) Since both movies were so bad, we'll never see any continuation from this. Sad, but true.
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Downloaded the 240 minute Snyder cut from Sky Movies last night. I'll have to wait for an opportune time to watch it - no way can I put Mrs P through sitting for four hours watching a superhero film - but I'm interested to see how it will pan out. The 4:3 ratio thing is intriguing and I'm hopeful to see if Snyder can pull it off in a way that it will work for me.

I'm not a superhero fan - but I do like Snyder as a director. Watchmen was one of my favourite films and I'm also one of the rare Suckerpunch fans out there. Will report back in due course.

:)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Saw the first hour yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Enough to perhaps forgo watching the rest and go back to the start and do the whole thing in a mammoth watch (with popcorn and the curtains closed etc, home cinema style). I think it deserves it.

I know some people are not liking this film - but I'm thinking that it just has that 'Snyder' feel that you can either dig or you can't. The four by three ratio is fine; in fact having seen the first hour in it I can't imagine it being in anything else. It works for me - in fact makes the impact of the CGI tighter and grander thereby. The shot of the boat in the raging sea and later, of Aquaman on the end of the pier against the crashing waves is much better in this ratio than would have been the case in the more stretched version. Snyder is an auteur and I'm excited about watching the rest of this film. He's like Damien Hurst; he's either going to work for you or not. There are cheesy bits, yes - the Amazon Women dialogue in particular - but in a way that's part of it....... it's okay - it's the simple scale that's the thing...... and the bringing of the comic books onto the screen and still be looking at a comic.

I think - don't know yet, but think - that this could be a work of true genius; allowing that you have to have your head in the right place, your eyes washed into seeing it through the correct lenses, first.
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:I saw it.
It was really good.
A million times better than the theatrical version.....although that was so bad maybe I should say billion. :D
yup a million times better for sure .. but sooooo long .... I wasn't prepared for the extent of the commitment lol :haha:
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Agreed it's long - but there is a natural place for a break about 134 mins in, probably put in deliberately for this purpose, when the young kid on the team says, "We all know what we are thinking, but I'm not going to be the first one to say it," and then another member brings up a hologram to illustrate this. I'm being deliberately cagey to avoid any spoiler, but you will know it when you see it.

:)

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

yes ... and enjoyed it but ugh .. 4hrs or whatever it was ...

We do intermissions as a rule anyway ... but perhaps we should have introduced several ;)
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

It wasn't terrible.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

No it wasn't. I'm not a superhero movie fan and I was able to get it. The sheer spectacle of Zack Snyder doing his thing unbridled and without restraint was an awesome thing to behold.

I watched the first three quarters of Army of the Dead the other day and I can barely believe they were directed by the same man. It just died a death in comparison. The zombies were just cardboard cutouts, moving in that sort of bad experimental dance crawl across the sets. They groaned and roared at the screen complimenting the wooden acting of the human crew perfectly. It was total crap that Snyder should be ashamed to put his name to. This is the garbage that even the best of directors will produce if the money and the brief they are given drag them into it.

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
High Lord Tolkien

peter wrote:No it wasn't. I'm not a superhero movie fan and I was able to get it. The sheer spectacle of Zack Snyder doing his thing unbridled and without restraint was an awesome thing to behold.

I watched the first three quarters of Army of the Dead the other day and I can barely believe they were directed by the same man. It just died a death in comparison. The zombies were just cardboard cutouts, moving in that sort of bad experimental dance crawl across the sets. They groaned and roared at the screen complimenting the wooden acting of the human crew perfectly. It was total crap that Snyder should be ashamed to put his name to. This is the garbage that even the best of directors will produce if the money and the brief they are given drag them into it.
Eh, I didn't think it was that bad.
I'm going to make a post about it now actually. :D

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Flicks”