More Human Than...

Technology, computers, sciences, mysteries and phenomena of all kinds, etc., etc. all here at The Loresraat!!

Moderator: Vraith

Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

If neurons in the brain may be repaired, regenerated, or regrown, then the number one problem facing aging can be solved. The body's muscle and organ tissue cells can be replaced or repaired once the brain has been restored to active, normal functioning.

Now let's go Black Mirror with it: rewiring a brain changes its personality and can even edit or delete memories.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Yeah that was a cool ep.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling ๐Ÿ˜Š :D ๐Ÿ˜Š

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote: even edit or delete memories.
Delete, definitely.
Editing might, it turns out, be a bit more complex...
I saw a thing with mice where they completely excised particular neurons involved in remembering a learned maze. They forgot it. Of course.
But when the neurons were replaced with pure virgin neurons, the memory CAME BACK. In some way, the memory wasn't/isn't in the cell at all, it was in the shape and the gaps.
Kinda [but not really, don't look at this too closely, cuz it doesn't make sense that way] like the wire on your lamp goes bad...so you replace the wire, and the lamp is exactly what it was before, because there was nothing essential in the wire itself...any wire would do.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

mmm .. interesting ๐Ÿค” .. and we know that memory is held in various tissue .. even tissue outside of the brain ..
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

I might have linked this, or article on same thing, before---it looked a little familiar.
But just in case...and a little hope for those of us starting to feel a bit old, wondering if miracle medicine will come too late---------

https://singularityhub.com/2018/07/17/t ... bie-cells/
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

How incredible 8O

I am glad it kills zombie and senolytic cells .. thats gotta be not only a miracle drug but a highly expensive one.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

The first, another step on the organs thing, no cloning required.

The second, cyborg!
[[for those worried about humanity loss by machining, not necessary to attach/implant...how cool would it be to have a exo/robo toolkit you just take around with you. Talk about being prepared!]]
Interestingly, it seems to hint at flexible brains/adaptation.
[[[though I'm not sure how it will interact with the semi-known thing that multi-tasking is bad for people, damages cognitive function]]]

https://singularityhub.com/2018/08/06/s ... om-organs/

https://singularityhub.com/2018/07/31/t ... hree-arms/
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

Hahaha .. well that has well and truly secured the cyborg argument for you ;)
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to โ€œThe Loresraatโ€