More Human Than...

Technology, computers, sciences, mysteries and phenomena of all kinds, etc., etc. all here at The Loresraat!!

Moderator: Vraith

Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Have heat ray and X-ray vision just like superman..

Wait??!! Does that mean Superman was a cyborg???
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Sorus wrote:Warden Dios would be jealous.
He was already jealous of me, primarily because I could say and do things he couldn't do.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Ur Dead wrote:Have heat ray and X-ray vision just like superman..

Wait??!! Does that mean Superman was a cyborg???
8O 8O 8O

Noooooooo .. cyborgs are wannabe supermen 😏

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Iron mans on his way .. Cybercop is all the way there .. think cyber Vdawg on steroids πŸ˜›

:LOLS:
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

This makes me think of The Six Million Dollar Man. :D

Steve Austin. Astronaut. A man barely alive.

"We can rebuild him."
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

And they had the good taste to cover his bionics with flesh

A borg style cyborg isnt as welcoming πŸ˜πŸ˜‚
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Skyweir wrote:And they had the good taste to cover his bionics with flesh

A borg style cyborg isnt as welcoming πŸ˜πŸ˜‚
That comes up a lot...in fiction, in future-guessing non-fiction, in anti-enhancement/modification circles.
I don't buy it. Aesthetic and emotional attraction modes/models can change.
An individual can learn new ones, and of course people who grow up in a different world have different ones.
A FEW "shapes" of aesthetic value seem pretty biologically/genetically sorted/limited. But note that some of those "inherent" ones are also expansive, difference-favoring.
People are flexible...and when their world is more diverse, and their biology can be maintained in its young/healthy state [the state where we learn best, adapt best, enjoy differences the most]...
I mean...
The Borg Queen was kinda hot-esque, and it wouldn't have taken much to make her truly hot...she was designed mixed hot/not on purpose.

And what about 7 of 9?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? YyyyyyOOOOOOOWWWWZZZZzzzaaa.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Just be sure you get the full warranty and whatnot. I had reconstructive surgery done on my lower jaw after an accident a while back, and I had a screw come out when I was brushing my teeth this morning. Didn't know what it was at first, and it felt like that dream where all your teeth are coming out. (I know I'm not the only person who has that dream, but I have no idea how common it is.) Anyway, pretty sure my blood turned to ice for a moment before I realized it was just a screw. (Though it's good thing I didn't lose it - probably would have cost a couple thousand bucks to replace, no joke.) I'm currently in favor of keeping my own parts - The Six Million Dollar Man was in the 70s - gotta take inflation into account.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Hahahaha :LOLS:

But 😬😬😬😬😬 thats awful Sorus .. you good πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ Jesus that is scary. Ive has that dream .. but they crumbled when I bit something 😬😬😬😬 terrifying 😱

So yeah WARRANTY lol πŸ˜‚

V Totally agree if they turn out like 7 of 9 .. but theyre not only fictional characters but very few borg are like 7 of 9 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Most not particularly cuddly πŸ˜‚

And replacing abs with gun metal lol πŸ˜‚ also ... might look good ... well youll have your 6 pack .. but cold and hard ..

And as much as people are highly adaptable.. there is still great comfort in warmth, responsiveness and even softness. But responsiveness is an arguably big ticket item 😬

If tech progresses and addresses all those things .. we probably could never afford to take advantage of such tech improvements.

But who knows πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I think 3D printing has a lot of potential - both in terms of making necessary stuff affordable, and for 'upgrades' in the future.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Sorus wrote:I think 3D printing has a lot of potential - both in terms of making necessary stuff affordable, and for 'upgrades' in the future.
And you'd be dead right. They've already had some success growing heart muscles, and...I think kidney? maybe it was lung?...tissue from stem cells, grown ON a bio-degrading structure....that supports it while growing, dissolves once implanted.... that was 3-D printed.
So they can grow a whole or a part, and either in the body or out. Or will be able to, if it continues to be successful.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

πŸ‘

The future is looking bright
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I know bones/joints are relying more on 3D printing these days. That technology can also work with children--once the replacement part is designed it can be scaled as they grow so that the printing keeps up with development. The material used for 3D printing bones is actually stronger than natural bone, which is an extra benefit.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

That is fucking far out amazing stuff isnt it πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ The future is pretty funky .. in a few years the next generations will look back and think us barbarians for getting jabbed with needles, and having invasive surgeries for appendectomy etc.

and maybe it will be replaced with handheld trichorders things that Bones uses in Star Trek. Im kinda keen to see transporter technology. Id love to be able to travel without HAVING to travel.

Some road trips are fun ... but sometimes you just want to be there already πŸ™„
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Traveling without traveling is already possible...at the quantum level. Space as we know it doesn't exist there.

Well, that isn't entirely true--it is actually time as we know it which doesn't exist at the quantum level, but since time and space are the same thing the phrase "space doesn't exist at the quantum level" is technically true.

$10 says Vraith corrects me.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:

[[[Vraith's left hand ties up his right hand and types]]]
vraith wrote: Where's my ten bucks?

EDITED to add: on a different topic, H, it looks like the EM drive was really a mistake.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Vraith wrote:
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:

[[[Vraith's left hand ties up his right hand and types]]]
vraith wrote: Where's my ten bucks?
The check is in the mail.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:Traveling without traveling is already possible...at the quantum level. Space as we know it doesn't exist there.

Well, that isn't entirely true--it is actually time as we know it which doesn't exist at the quantum level, but since time and space are the same thing the phrase "space doesn't exist at the quantum level" is technically true.

So travelling without travel is already available at the quantum level. I am aware of Australian scientists who were playing with the concept of transporter technology .. and were able to transfer some miniscule element from one place to another ... is that what you are referring to Hashi

And Hash you coughed up too quickly .. V hasnt technically corrected you yet ..
therefore you coulda held off on that cheque ;)
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Skyweir wrote: V hasnt technically corrected you yet ..
Ok...are, as H says, space and time the same thing?
Hell no.
Ok---things can get all Alice-in-Jabberwock-nonsense at the quantum.
But...
say there's a space...just a normal space, except the only thing in it is a massive motherfucker of a turtle.
That turtle can then go up, down, left, right, forward, back in that space.
IF it does any of those....is it the same turtle?
Yea, it is, just in a different place. The turtle hasn't changed a bit....
Except to the extent, and as a result of "how long did it take to get there?"
Which is the lesser issue.
Wherever the turtle is, IF it moves forward or back in time---it is a different turtle.
And it can't move up, down, left, or right in time AT ALL.
At least as far as we know, can tell.
Why can't we tell?
Because space and time are different.
Which doesn't mean they aren't in a relationship...maybe even an incestuous one...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

Ok now you can cough up Hashi ;) lol :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Time is fluid--or wibbly-wobbley, if you are warped in that way--and flows differently for different people. I had already seen Vraith's rebuttal, which is why I sent his payment.

I still maintain that they are the same thing, though. Let us presume that we have an object far in intergalactic space so that any gravity it might experience is so insignificant that we can ignore it. Now let us presume that the object is not moving in any of the normal three dimensions--it is perfectly at rest. Clearly, this object is still moving through time at the normal rate--we can observe it, go have lunch, come back, and the object is still there.

Now let's give the object a velocity--it is now moving through space. Even though it may not be moving very quickly--whether its velocity is 1 m/s or 1 km/s that isn't significant compared to the speed of light--the dilation equation still says that the object is now moving through time differently than it was before. As the object begins to move more quickly it continues to move through time differently than it did before. In fact, it is moving through time more slowly than it did before--if the object could age then it is now aging more slowly as compared to our non-moving frame of reference.

If we accelerate the object up to the speed of light, it should now be moving through space only and not time, which is why photons can exist in the same state they did when they were emitted billions of years ago.

Of course, all of that is still based on our current understanding of time, which may not be what is really going on. In some instances, time flows backward--a positron moving forward in time is mathematically equivalent to an electron moving backwards through time. It gets weird.

Return to β€œThe Loresraat”