The Mueller Investigation

Archive From The 'Tank
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Cohen, with no sign of a pardon in sight, is hinting that he has information about Trump and/or people in his orbit which he suggests could be harmful. "The truth", he says to Giuliani, "is not you or your client's friend".

Whatever. He is just hoping for a sweet deal. He probably does have info on Trump, but not about anything relating to Russia, which is supposed to be the focus of the Mueller Investigation. If Cohen really had dirt on Trump or people close to him then Trump would already have suggested a pardon.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

If he has "INFORMATION" on Trump .. as part of the Mueller investigation .. you can bet your bottom dollar .. he does, its actual and its relevant to the investigation ..

So quite possibly Russian collusion. ;) 😎 or perhaps something equally as juicy :P
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

If Cohen has information on Russian collusion then he is the only one--to date, no compelling evidence of collusion has ever been produced. It is difficult to produce evidence for something which did not occur.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:If Cohen has information on Russian collusion then he is the only one--to date, no compelling evidence of collusion has ever been produced. It is difficult to produce evidence for something which did not occur.
The mental gymnastics required to believe that this not only happened, but was successfully covered up for 2-3 years is incredible.

Hillary was a terrible candidate who ran a terrible campaign. That's why Trump won.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Cail wrote:Hillary was a terrible candidate who ran a terrible campaign. That's why Trump won.
Insulting half of the voting population is a guaranteed way to lose. Would you believe that there are people who want her to run in 2020? Would you believe that recently her still-active PAC has been sending out feeler e-mail messages?
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Cail wrote:Hillary was a terrible candidate who ran a terrible campaign. That's why Trump won.
Insulting half of the voting population is a guaranteed way to lose. Would you believe that there are people who want her to run in 2020? Would you believe that recently her still-active PAC has been sending out feeler e-mail messages?
I've seen those reports. The woman's ambition and hubris know no bounds.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Exactly. She still thinks of herself as Queen of the Democratic Party. Actually, I hope she does try to run for their nomination in 2020 because that will be hilarious--she is damaged goods and doesn't have the DNC in her pocket ensuring her anointing. When she fails to secure the nomination, that should finally tell her to retire quietly back to New York and fade from public life once and for all.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:If Cohen has information on Russian collusion then he is the only one--to date, no compelling evidence of collusion has ever been produced. It is difficult to produce evidence for something which did not occur.
Interesting .. Hashi .. cos that is an assumption not a fact.

Perhaps to you its a logical assumption .. based on .. what? Information provided by Trump? Trump asserting no collusion?

Ok maybe πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Or maybe not ;)
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Cail wrote:
The mental gymnastics required to believe that this not only happened, but was successfully covered up for 2-3 years is incredible.
Really .. I dont find it that mentally or intellectually challenging ;)
Agreed. :biggrin:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Skyweir wrote:
Cail wrote:
Of course. Because you subscribe to a foregone conclusion rather than examining evidence and thinking for yourself.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Skyweir wrote:
Interesting .. Hashi .. cos that is an assumption not a fact.

Perhaps to you its a logical assumption .. based on .. what? Information provided by Trump? Trump asserting no collusion?

Ok maybe πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Or maybe not ;)
No one has been charged with "colluded with Russia to influence the election in 2016". If the evidence were there to charge someone with that crime then it would have happened by now. Still...I'll wait and give them more time to do so.

If the Democrats do not retake the House or Senate this November then the investigation won't live until next summer.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Cail wrote:
Skyweir wrote:
Cail wrote:The mental gymnastics required to believe that this not only happened, but was successfully covered up for 2-3 years is incredible.
Of course. Because you subscribe to a foregone conclusion rather than examining evidence and thinking for yourself.
Wow seriously?? 8O

At least I dont have my head buried 6 feet in sand .. I dont have a problem accepting that criminal charges are criminal charges, plea agreements have been entered into, convictions and sentencing rulings are all evidence of criminal actions.

Yeah .. and let me cut you off right there .. "oh but theyre not about Russian interference" .. they are most definitely within the scope of the Mueller investigation.

The Terms of Reference for that investigation are here

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-relea ... 1/download

If you actually did any homework .. you would be better informed, and avoid your forgone conclusion that no matter who is charged, convicted, sentenced .. its all just a made up hoax.

You see the thing with made up hoaxes .. and that is very few governments are ever willing to fund and resource one ;) .. you know cos of the whole government revenue and accountability issues πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Head in the sand.....Right.

Lisa Page is defying her subpoena.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Skyweir wrote: The Terms of Reference for that investigation are here

That highlights exactly my problem with the Mueller Investigation: b_ii and b_iii gives it too much scope and allows investigators to cast too wide a net, far beyond anything relating to b_i. Even if they found out that someone in the campaign was laundering money from Mexico, those facts do not apply to b_i and therefore should not be prosecuted by the Investigation. Instead, they should hand the evidence over to the FBI and let it pick up that case

I saw that story about Ms. Page. *shrug* She is defying Congress--just find her to be in contempt and put her in jail. Simple.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Cail wrote:Head in the sand.....Right.

Lisa Page is defying her subpoena.
HERES another perspective on the IG Report ;) a better one in my view

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/he ... interview/
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Skyweir wrote: The Terms of Reference for that investigation are here

That highlights exactly my problem with the Mueller Investigation: b_ii and b_iii gives it too much scope and allows investigators to cast too wide a net, far beyond anything relating to b_i. Even if they found out that someone in the campaign was laundering money from Mexico, those facts do not apply to b_i and therefore should not be prosecuted by the Investigation. Instead, they should hand the evidence over to the FBI and let it pick up that case
And yet it was upon these terms the Special Counsel was appointed. So that IS the scope of the investigation .. and Mueller is entitled to investigate all wrong doing .. no .. I would say obliged to act on wrong doing identified.

And the IG Report is not about Trump at all .. its about the Clinton emails .. a very different matter .. not related to the Mueller investigation.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:I saw that story about Ms. Page. *shrug* She is defying Congress--just find her to be in contempt and put her in jail. Simple.
Except that probably won't happen, given that Congress would have to refer the charges to the DOJ, and since they're kinda in the tank......
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Strzok is due in Congress to offer his public testimony today. Maybe he will finally get around to telling us how the FBI was going to stop Trump from becoming President.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Yep I watched this .. and the questions and his answers to those questions. He was very clear about the .. trumped up charges .. he made it very clear about his texts and his personal opinion.

I think the Trump admin will have to work a lot harder if they want to make THIS about bias or conflict of interest.

It is true as a gov employee you have to be very careful about the opinions you express publically .. but privately .. not so much .. and even acknowledging that even private expressions can absolutely come back to bite you.

I think Gowdy got quite frustrated with him .. which was kinda sad cos this was his platform to make aright with his party .. and give him his dues .. he did a fine job of doing that.

Sad really cos I always respected Gowdy.

Strzok was unshakable and resolute .. imv .. he won that shindig
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

So breaking news .. Mueller indicts 12 Russian military intelligence officers for interfering in the election ... the evidence is compelling regarding hacking operations. Evidence of everything, their phishing operations, the fake servers set up in the US and Malaysia by GRU intelligence agency, targeting election infrastructure and local election officials, what they paid, how they paid etc..

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... 6-campaign
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to β€œCoercri”