The Mueller Investigation

Archive From The 'Tank
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

After months of toying with the idea, Trump finally issued a commutation (technically an executive grant of clemency) for Roger Stone mere days before he was set to be assigned to prison. It's about damned time--Stone's conviction was based on demonstrably false information and was never anything more than a political hit-job. There was never any ties between the Trump Campaign and Russia, as all the recent exculpatory evidence shows.

Now...we need to start prosecuting the people who prosecuted Stone for their gross violations of justice and turning the FBI into a political weapon.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Democrats in the House are promising some sort of investigation into Stone's commutation because they are claiming that Stone was somehow shielding Trump from criminal prosecution, which is complete bullshit. Stone was never convicted on any Russia-related charge; instead, he was convicted on weak charges such as "making false statements to Congress". The House of Representatives does not have the authority to oversee Presidental pardons or commutations. They also cannot pass any legislation seeking to limit that Presidential authority because it is clearly spelled out in the Constitution; any law they do pass will be struck down either by a Federal Court or the SCOTUS itself.

Note that this was only a commutation, not a pardon. Stone will still be "convicted" but he won't serve any prison time.

Get over it, Democrats--the entire Russia conspiracy theory and Mueller Investigation has never given you anything except a string of losses.

If Trump wins in November, the first thing I would advise him to do the next day is pardon/commute everyone else "convicted" by Mueller's witch-hunt team.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:After months of toying with the idea, Trump finally issued a commutation (technically an executive grant of clemency) for Roger Stone mere days before he was set to be assigned to prison. It's about damned time--Stone's conviction was based on demonstrably false information and was never anything more than a political hit-job. There was never any ties between the Trump Campaign and Russia, as all the recent exculpatory evidence shows.

Now...we need to start prosecuting the people who prosecuted Stone for their gross violations of justice and turning the FBI into a political weapon.
we see things very differently on this score. Is your claim of false information based on the Trump carrion cry of witch hunt?
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

The Mueller investigation showed no signs
Of collusion. The impeachment failed.
We know the Obama administration and
Members of the fbi conspired to spy on Trump.

Why should we believe anything the Democrats say,?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Skyweir wrote:we see things very differently on this score. Is your claim of false information based on the Trump carrion cry of witch hunt?
No. It is based on the fact that it has been revealed in recent months that the FBI actually discussed how they were going to get these people to make misstatements so they could charge them with "lying to investigators", the fact that no concrete evidence has ever been discovered, and because so many FBI investigators were obviously anti-Trump.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Remember that "Russian source" that Steele used to collect some of the information for his now-discredited dossier that was used as the basis of the illegal spying operation on the Trump Campaign, the Mueller Investigation, and impeachment? We now have a name to put with that source--Igor Danchenko. Oh, and he isn't Russian--he was born in Ukraine, earned a law degree in Russia, then came to the United States to earn more degrees from Louisville and Gorgetown before going to work for the Brookings Institution, focusing on Russian and Eurasian research. There was no "well-connected current or former Russian official" from whom Steele gained his information; instead, this guy went back to Russia to drum up salacious rumors when went into the Steele dossier.

I suspect that Barr will begin rounding people up and charging them if Trump wins in November. The Democratic Party and the Clinton Camapaign hired foreign nationals to fabricate dirt on their political opponent.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Sally Yates stated quite plainly that if she had known at the time that the Steele Dossier was bogus and that the FBI was either going rogue or being used as a political weapon that she would never have signed off on FISA warrants. Rosenstein essentially said the same thing and the FISA Court no longer trusts the FBI.

The only unanswered questions now are: what did Obama know and when did he know it? what did Biden know and when did he know it?

Biden was the one who floated the idea of using the Logan Act against Flynn. Why didn't anyone use the Logan Act when John Kerry, as private citizen, went to meet with his good friend Bassar al-Assad?

will comment more later

edit/add: if you peer back through history, you will find that the Obama Administration started investigating Russia not long after Obama implemented one of its rounds of sanctions against Russia--including the Magnitsky Act--and Russia's reaction was "so what?". This caused the Obama Administration to need to figure out what Russia's angle was and that inexorably led them to presume that Russia was helping the Trump Campaign win against Clinton.

Even one of the sources who information fed into the now-disgraced Steele Dossier could not believe that the innuendo he gathered from Russian sources, who might have not known what they were talking about and who were sometimes just making shit up, got published, much less believed enough to be turned into FISA warrants.

Ultimately, nothing will happen to Obama or Biden because they are too high up the food chain, but people lower on the totem pole like Strzok, Lisa Page, and James Comey could face criminal charges for lying to the FISA Court.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Im not sure it works like that .. that you can be TOO high up the food chain .. or basically untouchable .. look at Nixon .. he was at the same height.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Nixon was never indicted or charged with anything. Sure, he resigned, but thanks to Ford he never had any other negative repercussions.
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

You may have to join the site to read this, but do so. It's a damning, first-hand account of the cabal to unseat a duly elected president. And it's on the blogsite of unabashedly liberal Matt Taibbi.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Obi-Wan Nihilo wrote:You may have to join the site to read this, but do so. It's a damning, first-hand account of the cabal to unseat a duly elected president. And it's on the blogsite of unabashedly liberal Matt Taibbi.
I copied the text of the article so I may read it at any time and refer back to it for future reference, in case somehow it gets mysteriously removed from the Internet.

We poke fun at conspiracy theories quite often because they are typically absurd, but some conspiracies are not absurd while other conspiracies are actually real. This is one of the real ones.

edit/add: oh, and it appears that the FBI lied to the Senate Intelligence Committee back in 2018 by misrepresenting most of the content of the Steele dossier, which has now been verified to be heresay and speculation, sometimes even in jest. Isn't "lying to Congress", which could even be perjury, a crime? Time to prosecute.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

8O 8) :P :biggrin:
Last edited by Skyweir on Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

It seems irrelevant at best .. the investigation wasnt based on the Steele dossier as Trump is wont to claim.
Republicans, including President Donald Trump, have claimed that the FBI’s Russia investigation was sparked by a dossier compiled by former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele. But the IG report said that “Steele’s reports played no role in the Crossfire Hurricane opening.”
Last edited by Skyweir on Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Skyweir wrote:It seems irrelevant at best .. the investigation wasnt based on the Steele dossier as Trump is wont to claim.
Then what was it based on?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Skyweir wrote:It seems irrelevant at best .. the investigation wasnt based on the Steele dossier as Trump is wont to claim.
Everyone actually connected to the case and the reporters who have been covering it all agree that the Steele dossier was a major component of the original FISA warrants that opened the investigation. You may choose to be incorrect if you so desire.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Everyone connected with Grahame Lindsays investigation .. and it had arguably little bearing on the Mueller investigation
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Everyone actually connected to the case and the reporters who have been covering it all agree that the Steele dossier was a major component of the original FISA warrants that opened the investigation. You may choose to be incorrect if you so desire.
Sally Yates, who is no friend of Trump, said it was 'critically important' to getting the FISA warrants.

Once again, a swing and a miss from the Aussie contingent.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Obi-Wan Nihilo wrote:Sally Yates, who is no friend of Trump, said it was 'critically important' to getting the FISA warrants.

Once again, a swing and a miss from the Aussie contingent.
Inconvenient truths are often simply ignored. As noted, everyone actually connected to the case and who knows anything about it whatsoever all agree--the Steele dossier was the foundation of everything, paid for by Democrat money using foreign operatives to attack a political opponent. It also resulted in weaponizing the FBI, which is exceedingly dangerous--if it were up to me I would simply fire everyone in any sort of management position who was at the FBI at the time because at this point the organization is too corrupt to trust.
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

But it won't. We've become the bureaucratic state that was so mocked in Brazil.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Obi-Wan Nihilo wrote:But it won't. We've become the bureaucratic state that was so mocked in Brazil.
Everyone should see that movie. In fact, everyone should watch the Terry Gilliam trilogy: Time Bandits (childhood), Brazil (middle age), and Adventures of Baron Munchausen (old age).

Return to “Coercri”