The Treaty of Versailles

Those who do not learn history are doomed to use this quote over and over again.

Moderators: danlo, Damelon

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Id agree that the Kaiser was partly responsible for starting WWI.

In fact he kinda overcompensated for his own physical limitations through his military ... by seeking strength for his country and of course supporting the naval race against Britain ...

I don think he intended to start WWI .. but he was diplomatically inept . .. arrogant and boorish.

In fact he became the symbol of boorish germanic militarianism .. and all those things that epitomise it... his disdain for democratic principles etc..
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Kizza
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kizza »

I agree Wilhelm was a major influencer on the war. Ferdinands death was just an excuse. Wilhelm wanted to realise more than a largely landlocked domain, and more respect in the eyes of his cousins in King George and Tsar Nicholas.

So the Treaty of Versailles came about because of a disaster called the Great War, and it also maintained a tension on Germany during a time called the Great Depression.
These and a number of other things played into the hands of the Nazi party going from a party of nobodies, to the power it became.

The personalities of leadership through the Great War had done peoples heads in. Hitler rose in the eyes of his people, because of the way he conveyed his approach. He did not build wishlists and agendas, instead he made promises of what he would not do.
The Treaty, the Depression, fear of communism, all reasons for people to feel fear and resentment. Fuel for another fight. A much worse fight.
Never fight fair with a stranger, boy. You'll never get out of the jungle that way. - Arthur Miller

Return to “Doriendor Corishev”