2018 NFL Whipping post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

2018 NFL Whipping post

Post by SoulBiter »

Here we are.. the new Season opens tonight with the Falcons playing the Eagles in Philly.

This one could go either way and each years team is very different than the last years team.

Go Falcons!!!
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Kizza
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kizza »

Good luck to the Falcons. Philly should be very hard to beat up there and in the first game since the SB though.

I am hoping the Jets win 50 per cent of games.
Never fight fair with a stranger, boy. You'll never get out of the jungle that way. - Arthur Miller
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Well it again came down to the last play of the game and again the Falcons with their destiny in their own hands couldnt score with 5 tries at the end zone.

Looking at the stats, the Falcons should have dominated this game but they were at the end-zone 5 times and only converted 1 to a TD.

The Eagles didnt move the ball well, but when they got in the red zone they were able to score.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Kizza
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kizza »

I am still trying to figure out that new Orleans and Tampa score!!
Never fight fair with a stranger, boy. You'll never get out of the jungle that way. - Arthur Miller
Kizza
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kizza »

Sam Darnold. You are a Jet.
First pass by Sam is PICKED and returned for 6.
I thought "here we go again", "Why do I follow this mob?", "am I in for another butt of joke buttfumble abuse type of season?"
And then he straightened up, and flew straight. Like the first pass never happened. The game isnt over yet, but its as good as at 48 - 17 with 7 mins to go in the last quarter.Darnold threw 14 of 19 for 175 yards, 2TDs and that 1 INT to kick it all off.
Bring on the Pats.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Agree on the Saints/Tampa game and the Jets game.

Looks like this is going to be a year of unexpected teams and scores.

Atlanta lost two key defensive guys to injury in this last game. Deone Jones and Keanu Neal. Losing them is going to impact what could have been a top 3 defense this year. Kazee though looked pretty good and is stepping into one of those positions. So still hopeful for a top 10 defense this year.

My football pool picks were horrible. Shows what I know. I think I got 7 correct.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Bucs 2-0?
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Maybe heading for 3 - 0

Falcons won the game against Carolina but they lost one of the O-line pieces for the year. Takk has a groin injury and is now day to day and one of the other pass rushers has some kind of injury and is day to day. Guess we will be testing our depth. Injury bug needs to stop now.

The next game will be interesting since its against the Saints. Always a hard fought game. Really need the pass rush or Drew Brees might pick us apart.

49'rs have been a disappointment.
Giants look like a shell of a team.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

The Bucs 2-1?

Ok. That last one can't be laid entirely on Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Plus after getting the snot kicked out of him by a Steelers defense that had no problem with getting a few 15 yard roughing the passer penalties to try and knock him out of the game, Fitzpatrick still managed 411 yards passing and 3 touchdowns in a close loss.

Next up? Da Bears.

Kizza
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kizza »

I see commentators referencing Khalil Mack as the guy who decides wether Fitz stays in as QB or Jameis Winston resumes control.
It is plain to see that Mack changes the confidence of his club and the way they go about things. The Bears have improved more with Mack than they would have without. I hope Fitz somehow does a Connor McGregor and helps Tampa score the win. They have some excellent receivers in form too at the moment, helped along by Ryan Fitz.
I hope they make Winston really earn the job back before taking it off of Fitz.

Same old goddamn Jets. That Baker Mayfield comes on the field and the Browns became a completely different proposition. It was like all of a sudden, the browns boys became men. From his first pass, even though the Jets were up 14 nil, I looked at Mayfield and thought "here we go again". It will be interesting to see if the Browns can win a few more this year. They have a pretty bloody good roster.

Atlanta and the Saints. Ryan and Brees. Am I suffering selective memory here or do these two teams always score fast and long against eachother? and it always comes down to who manages the clock, or some final drive play? They are awesome games to watch.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Kizza wrote:
Atlanta and the Saints. Ryan and Brees. Am I suffering selective memory here or do these two teams always score fast and long against each other? and it always comes down to who manages the clock, or some final drive play? They are awesome games to watch.
It always comes down to the end... its typically decided in a final play and this one was no different. Except for the outcome this was a fun game to watch.
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

Kizza wrote:I see commentators referencing Khalil Mack as the guy who decides wether Fitz stays in as QB or Jameis Winston resumes control.
It is plain to see that Mack changes the confidence of his club and the way they go about things. The Bears have improved more with Mack than they would have without. I hope Fitz somehow does a Connor McGregor and helps Tampa score the win. They have some excellent receivers in form too at the moment, helped along by Ryan Fitz.
I hope they make Winston really earn the job back before taking it off of Fitz.

Same old goddamn Jets. That Baker Mayfield comes on the field and the Browns became a completely different proposition. It was like all of a sudden, the browns boys became men. From his first pass, even though the Jets were up 14 nil, I looked at Mayfield and thought "here we go again". It will be interesting to see if the Browns can win a few more this year. They have a pretty bloody good roster.

Atlanta and the Saints. Ryan and Brees. Am I suffering selective memory here or do these two teams always score fast and long against eachother? and it always comes down to who manages the clock, or some final drive play? They are awesome games to watch.
Don't see any reason to hand the keys back to Winston.
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Ok I have just been transported to another fantasy land. The Bears 3-1? If you had told me the Bears would be holding a 3-1 record this part of the season I would have laughed you off KW.

Someone wake me up...
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

At 2-2 I probably shouldn't write off the Bucs for the rest of the season but...

Kizza
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kizza »

Bears going great. It is good for the league when they win.
Fitz gets hooked by Tampa.
New England winning again. Again.
Baltimore may be serious this year.
Atlanta score so many points, but geez they let a lot of points in.
Titans just chugging along quietly. I like watching them play.
Same old Jets.
Kizza
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kizza »

How about those Jets!!
Kizza
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kizza »

How about those Jets?!

Titans wheels have fallen off. Zeus needs to fix Tennessee.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Falcons finally got the win against the bucs but man it really came down to the last second (again)

This week the Giants on Monday night football. However at least they get some of the Defense back healthy.

Note the number of High scoring games. The league has neutered the D in the NFL with the new rules, making it easier for Offenses to go down the field and score.
Kizza
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kizza »

Goddamn Jets. :(

The evolution of the roughing the passer rule looks like a HR department has gotten a hold of it and gone a little PC nuts.
The QB does need protecting, especially from reckless late hits. I cant agree on penalising a player who has left the ground and is committed to tackle the QB before the ball has left the QBs hand.
It looks wrong when a linebacker backs off a QB who just faked a pass for fear of roughing the passer penalty.

Hats off to Drew Brees. He is some kind of awesome player!
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Well, Bucs barely won. If they play similarly going forward they will guarantee a high draft pick and a new head coach.

Return to “Sports”