What We Do in the Shadows

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

[Syl]
Unfettered One

What We Do in the Shadows

Post by [Syl] »

I was really looking forward to this series but also kind of worried, especially as I'm not a huge fan of mockumentary TV series like The Office even if I do enjoy them as films, like Man Bites Dog.

Anyway, my worries appear to have been misplaced. The show is hilarious. In fact, I can't remember the last time I laughed as hard as I did with the werewolf fight scene. Hell, I'm chuckling just now thinking about it, and that was like 3 days ago.

Also, it has Matt Berry from The IT Crowd (Renholm), so...
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
SleeplessOne
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by SleeplessOne »

loved the movie, but can't quite imagine it outside the context of a NZ setting. A *NY* setting for instance would surely rob it of its uniqueness.

*If* you liked the What We Do In the Shadows film, then the NZ tv program 'Wellington Paranormal' acts as somewhat of a spin-off, featuring the quirky Kiwi coppers from the film as they engage in X-Files-lite investigations, with often amusing results ..

... *edit* ok, I just had a peek at a preview of the US version of the show and it looks pretty damn awesome. I might have to bite.

Return to “TV Shows”