KISS - End of the road (Hannover, GER - 06/05/2019

Who's listening to what, what's going on in the music industry....

Moderators: StevieG, dANdeLION, lucimay

Vader
The Gap Into Spam

KISS - End of the road (Hannover, GER - 06/05/2019

Post by Vader »

In case it's really the end of the road I can only say, "Thank you for having been part of my life for 42 years now."

What a ball we had tonight - the old guys said farewell in style, put the pedal to the metal and let the giraffe burn a lot.

Awesome set list including Detroit Rock City, Shout it out Loud, Deuce, 100,000 Years, Love Gun, God Of Thunder, War Machine, I Love it Loud, Let Me Go Rock'n'Roll, Black Diamond (my fav), I was Made For Loving You (which I can usually do without, but live it's okay-ish) and of course Rock'n'Roll All Nite.

I can understand why they also have stuff from the we-call-it-no-make-up-era-but actually-we're-wearing-more-make-up-then-ever-period in the mid 80s on the set list and also Psycho Circus and such, but the old stuff can't be beaten.

Yes, Gene is a greedy bastard (but I still love him). Yes, Paul's voice is fuXu0red. I suspect some playback here and I might not be wrong. Yes, Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer are brilliant as Spaceman and the Cat, but at the end of the day not the real deal. Yes, I'm aware of all these facts, but still I think it was a fantastic show. I was also glad it was open air and I had my sun glasses on in the beginning, so nobody saw me shed a tear once the curtain dropped and the show started with Detroit Rock City.

Alive II (released 1977) got me hooked when I was around 7.

Funny side note: The ticket was 95 Euros ($ 106). Back in 1984 I paid around 13 Euros ($ 14.6) plus Bon Jovi as support act. Nowadays I can't even see the local punk band for 13 Euros.
Last edited by Vader on Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Functionless art is vandalism. I am the vandal.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I totally hear you .. but at the end of the day to see classic rock band like KISS.

Sounds an awesome concert .. I wonder if they truly wont perform again.

I went to the Rolling Stones Big Bang concert supposed to be their farewell and thanks for all the fish ... they played several concerts since then. 🤷‍♀️

I always liked KISS but for me Tis my generation 😉
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Vader
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vader »

I saw the Stones 1990 on the Urban Jungle tour which was also rumored to be a farewell tour. ;)
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Nice!
There was always a big battle in my grade school with KISS vs Queen. I was firmly in the Queen camp, as Freddie Mercury taught me to sing (though not in person). As a result, I didn't like KISS because they were "the enemy" and from playing some of their songs in Rock Band, I think that animosity still lingers. But I always liked Beth because I'm a wuss.

I saw the Dead Milkmen last weekend which was the band I totally embraced in High School and early college. It seems that our teens defines our musical tastes, and I'll admit, I'm no different. I'd seen them before, and they definitely still deliver. But they were a bit less chatty than usual, and that was sad, but the band seemed like they were having a good time too, which is always something you want to see.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Vader
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vader »

Cagliostro wrote:Nice!
There was always a big battle in my grade school with KISS vs Queen. I was firmly in the Queen camp, as Freddie Mercury taught me to sing (though not in person). As a result, I didn't like KISS because they were "the enemy"
Over here it was KISS or AC/DC - no way you could love both at the same time.

When you consider how many bands - Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Rush, Bon Jovi, to name a few - started their carrer or at least got a huge carrer boost opening up for KISS or being associated with them, I think I wasn't in the wrong camp. ;)
Last edited by Vader on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Vader wrote:I saw the Stones 1990 on the Urban Jungle tour which was also rumored to be a farewell tour. ;)
Haha right? 😂

Yeah it was KISS and AC/DC here too.

Queen I absolutely LOVE ♥️♥️♥️♥️
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “Vespers”