Spiderman; into the Spiderverse

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

peter
The Gap Into Spam

Spiderman; into the Spiderverse

Post by peter »

Saw this beautifully executed animation version the other day, based I'm guessing on the various manifestations of the Spiderman mythos that have come out in comic books over the years.

While visually stunning - literally ground breaking in it's use of the medium to tell it's tale - I'm thinking that unless you are a real spiderbuff, the actual story will leave you somewhat underwhelmed. Going into the frankly bizzare in it's efforts to push the limits of what can usefully be done in terms of 'variations on a theme' the stories seem to twist and turn themselves into any and every genre available in their attempts to 'do something new'.

It's okay, it looks fantastic - but ultimately the out of this world animation is let down by the overstretched material it is reliant upon.
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

I am not a Spider-man fan. Actually, I hardly like any comic book movies these days (I absolutely loathe anything that Marvel puts out with the exception of Thor: Ragnarok, but that's more due to Taika Waititi than anything else). But I liked this film, and it was due to the story.

Can we *please* stop making movies about Peter Parker now? If we have to have more Spider-man movies, I would much rather they focus on Miles Morales. At least we haven't seen his story done a thousand times already.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information

Return to “Flicks”