Sentence game

A haven for game threads.

Moderator: Damelon

Loredoctor
Lord

Sentence game

Post by Loredoctor »

To play the sentence game, someone writes three words (any words, don't have to be connected) and another person has to place those words in three sentences (each word to a sentence). The sentences have to relate to each, as in a very short story. The challenge is for someone to get three words that would be hard to make a story with. Oh and you can only use three sentences.

Ok, let me start. My three words are:
Cactus

Gentleman

Lacquer
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
TRC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TRC »

Cactus Gentleman Lacquer
A fine Old Fellow Set out one day to find the Elusive Foingrau cactus. A true Gentleman well versed in the art of Cacti Sculpting.ONce his art was complete he would laquer the plant to preserve it from rot and bugs.

Pi
Yes I guess we can all just get along !

Smurfy, simply Smurfy !!!

WWW.CALDERWOODBOOKS.COM
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Well done TRC!

Pi Karma Ketones

The mathematician worked hard all night to decipher Pi. It seemed karma was out to get him for all the nasty things he had done; A lack of insulin in his body meant that too many ketones were in his blood.

(oh man, that was hard - good work, TRC)

Kindergarten
Demigod
Veneer
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Cupid was just an innocent child until he went to kindergarten. There he learned his true nature, and set himself dutifully to be a mischieveous demigod. At last he found himself at a loss, because all the veneer in the world couldn't hide his good heart.

VCR
ether
core
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
TRC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TRC »

Excellent, truly excellent Joy and Ur-Vile.

I started to get nauseous and lightheaded the other day while installing a VCR unit in my Hummer H-1. It seems someone had left a can of ether(starting fluid) under the front seat,and every time I sat down I was inadvertantly spraying some. Luckily it was the Noxious fumes that was the core of my malady and not my new Ride.

Ok I'm Glad I came up withthe words for this one and don't have to answer it.

falchion
transcended
malaprop

WWW.CALDERWOODBOOKS.COM
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Ok, I had to look up malaprop before writing this, not sure if I got it, but here goes...

The man wrote down that he saw a falchion flying along. Suddenly his vocabulary trancended to a new level of understanding. Then, he was able to see his malaprop.

Idiotic
Washing
Hierarchy
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

This game could get addictive.

falchion transcended malaprop

A younger son set out into the world with his falchion to make his fortune. He used it as he fought his way across the world and transcended his lowly fate. He became the imprudent advisor to an old king and the malaprop to his throne. :twisted:

carpet
ice
esoteric

(I do so know what malaprop means. Don't you know one when you see it :?: )
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Hey! I already answered that one. And now you come along and do it better... no fair!!!! everyone, joy's not playing fair! ;)
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

:lol: Now we have two groups of words to play with.
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Idiotic Washing Hierarchy

The young girl was idiotic, but beautiful. One day as she was doing the washing, she looked out the window and nearly fainted in ecstacy. There was Hierachy, set in a statuesque pose that placed him among the hierarchy of athletes.

Now let's take that set of words I gave above.

carpet
ice
esoteric
TRC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TRC »

carpet ~ice ~esoteric
The dew lay in a carpet of moisture over the landscape. Old Man winter came along to make it a blanket of ice. Only the esoteric Winterlings that followed him along knew the how's and why's of this magical process.

plethera
idiosyncrasies
myopia

WWW.CALDERWOODBOOKS.COM
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

plethera idiosyncrasies myopia

Tom Artist painted in a plethora of colors. He wanted his splashing clashes to illustrate, for all the world to see, the idiosyncrasies which filled his soul. With the myopia so common among them, most of his fashionable viewers saw nothing but the pretty pictures.

pioneer
rite
million
TRC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TRC »

Bravo ! :wave: Bravo !
There was not a emoticon for applause so I gave you a hailing wave.

Bill Gates may be a pioneer in the field of desktop operating systems. That should not give him the right to make everyone else act out a rite to use a Personal Computer. I'm sure there are at least a hundred million people who would agree with this.

A little self reflection here:
soliloquy
insanity
profanity

WWW.CALDERWOODBOOKS.COM
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Thank you, kind sir. A hailing wave does nicely. :)

soliloquy insanity profanity

Each morning Mugwart Ed started his daily soliloquy on his homey pile of garbage. The rare visitor to these dank alleys would edge by along the opposite wall, certain of his insanity. His neighbors, unphased, would raise a chorus of profanity and throw chunks from their own garbage piles.

mirror
sturdily
walrus
TRC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TRC »

mirror ~sturdily ~walrus
The Reflection in the mirror of her mind showed a pachyderm. She was surprised the floor would sturdily support her emense weight. With this feeling of low self esteem she would surely waddle like a wlrus the rest of the day to emulate her mood.

prosthetic
repertoire
suppository

WWW.CALDERWOODBOOKS.COM
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

prosthetic repertoire suppository

He adjusted his prosthetic nose one more time in the mirror, and went out to the stage wing. Alone on the matinee stage, he went sturdily through his repertoire, for an audience of two shoppers, a drunk, and a chef on his lunch break. He would have gotten more laughs giving a suppository to a walrus.

halcyon
taped
sleigh
TRC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TRC »

Oh Me Oh Dear Oh My.:Hail:
I think I'm About to cry. :o
And I am scared to try and reply. :R

There was a Christmas a few years ago that you might remember when everything seemed kinda off, it was the night someone forgot to give Santa his Halcyon. That was the year he was inappropriate with the Elves, Battered the reindeer, and taped Mrs. Claus to the front of his" Big Red Rocket". The sleigh flew haphazrdly that year, the toys went to the wrong houses, and all sorts of unrecantable deeds took place, just because someone forgot to pack Santa's Pet bird.

capriciousness
prophylactically
facetious

WWW.CALDERWOODBOOKS.COM
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

capriciousness prophylactically facetious

One particular meat-eating plant in the conservatory was known for its capriciousness. George, their one handed gardener, had to wear gloves prophylactically on both hands, even the prosthetic one, or he would be continually having to clean the plant's digestive juices off the plastic. George would have thought the plant was being facetious, if it weren't for the gnaw-marks on his plastic fingernails.

flange
dune
perihelion
TRC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TRC »

flange
dune
perihelion

I as secured the last three foot bolt on the anchor flange for my chair, I prepared to meet the sandstorms impending fury. It just goes to figure that the optimum optical orientation for the viewing was perched atop a sand dune in the middle of ths Sahara Desert. I was willing to sacrifice any burden for this Astronomic possibility, for to see the perihelion of Jupiter it would be another 672 Earth years before it happened again.

cauterization
Extrapolation
juxtaposistional

WWW.CALDERWOODBOOKS.COM
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

cauterization Extrapolation juxtapositional

Deadly plague has reached the pandemic stage: disaster planners think cauterization of the diseased population is the better of two evils. Extrapolation of infection growth shows the depopulation of all cities in a matter of weeks. Outlying countryside, detached though juxtapositional to the crowded danger centers, seems to have a better chance of avoiding plague carriers, giving humanity a possible chance to survive.

crimson
criminal
cranny

Return to “In Pursuit of Mallory”