Picard

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Haha, can't say I did, but I'm not much of a music person, so if it was a subtle call-back to previous series, I prob wouldn't recognise it anyway. :D Will check it out.

--A
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

They used the music from Star Trek the Motion picture when Kirk and Scotty see the Enterprise for the first time.

https://youtu.be/b52b4yORX6U

Listen to the link from STTMP at about 2:24 and you will hear the same music
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image

Post by Avatar »

Nice. :D

Looking forward to watching the next one.

--A
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Episode 3 - end of the beginning. More backstory is revealed and the pace has slowed to something more manageable. They show Picard right after he has used his place in Starfleet as a bargaining chip.. only to have them call his bluff. You realize that Star Fleet has beaten Picard by accepting his resignation. He never thought they would accept it. Someone who has saved the Earth and Star Fleet many times over. But their debt to him meant nothing. He should have listened to Raffi (his first office of the time? She does have 3 pips), "something is off about this whole business".

But as the episode proceeds back to the "present" you also see someone who is getting stronger each episode as he realizes that this is where he belonged all along. Making a difference. He should have listened to Kirk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrJiU9BOEBI
Ever since I left Starfleet I havent made a difference. (snip)

Dont let them promote you. Dont let them transfer you. Dont let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while youre there... you can make a difference.
Probably the best episode yet!
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Anyway for those without CBS All Access to see it?
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

The only way I know is to wait for the season to be over, then take the week free of CBS all access, binge watch, then cancel your subscription
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Or wait for my library to get the DVDs.
Thanks!

Post by Avatar »

Enjoyed E3 too. Thought at least one of his Romulan staff would be a spy, looks like I was wrong. :D

--A
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Avatar wrote:Enjoyed E3 too. Thought at least one of his Romulan staff would be a spy, looks like I was wrong. :D

--A
Good thing you were wrong or this would be a short series
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Episode 4 "Complete Candor".

I enjoyed getting more backstory of what happened in the 15 years since Picard has been out of ST. I had not thought about unfinished business and unfulfilled promises that he might have made on the behalf of the Federation. You see in this episode that he also was wrong and he admits it. He wanted the perfect solution and thought he had it. When he didnt get it, he used his resignation as barter and lost.

A surprising character shows up at the end. Not surprising that we didn't expect that character but because of when and how that person shows up. Things are rolling now.

Post by Avatar »

Yes, was a pleasant surprise to see her, although otherwise not my favourite episode so far.

--A
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Episode 5 - Stardust City Rag .

This is probably the best episode yet. We get to see two characters from different parts of the ST universe that we have not seen yet in this series. One expected (Maddox), one you might not remember unless you watched Voyager (Icheb is a borg rescued by Voyager who became a recurring character in the last two seasons).

If you are paying attention you will note the drink that is offered to Maddox is "tranya" which goes back to the original series "The Corbomite maneuver" and later in Deep Space Nine at "Quarks".

Finally they find Bruce Maddox and rescue him. However, we now find that the Tal Shiar has a mole planted in Picards group. I don't know why but I never expected that nor that person. As always, hindsight is 2020 and it makes sense now.

So where do they go from here? The borg cube that the Romulan's are now inhabiting.
darthbuzz
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by darthbuzz »

I am really enjoying Picard but very sad to hear swearing is Star Trek for the first time ever. So completely un-necessary and Star Trek is just another adult only sci-fi franchise. It will never be trusted again by parents and has lost a huge part of the audience. :cry:

It was lovely to see 7 of 9 again... even though it was just for 1 episode it seems.

Post by Avatar »

Quite enjoyed E05, also surprised by the traitor, although it became clear as soon as Picard was talking to Maddox and she was eavesdropping.

As mentioned in the ST/SW forum, no problem with the swearing. Quite liked it in fact. But then, I do tend to swear a lot myself. :D

--A
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

darthbuzz wrote:I am really enjoying Picard but very sad to hear swearing is Star Trek for the first time ever. So completely un-necessary and Star Trek is just another adult only sci-fi franchise. It will never be trusted again by parents and has lost a huge part of the audience. :cry:

I'm 100% positive that a) your kids either have or will hear curse words from sources other than Star Trek (if not from their parents, then their friends), and b) if they do hear them, they will suffer absolutely no harm. My parents tried to protect me from "bad" words. I'm not sure why. Words aren't bad. The only effect this effort had was negative. I called my dick a "wee wee" far longer than any boy should have, out of sheer guilt and over-protectiveness from my parents. It only led to embarrassment and mockery when my young friends had moved on to more adult langauge. You can't protect your kids from the world, from reality. Lighten the fuck up and loosen your grip. Your kids may not hate you now, but there's no guarantee that will last.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Wow have to check this out 🤗 very excite.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Episode 6 - The Impossible box

The show is taking off now. Picard and crew rush to the Borg Cube to try to save Soji. Once there Raffi is able to negotiate with Star Fleet to allow Picard to beam to the cube as a diplomat. There he meets up with Hugh (A borg that they Enterprise rescued many years ago). They try to find Soji, only to find she is no longer on the cube (according to the sensors).

She finally realizes her identity after being pushed by her Romulan BF. After giving up the information they are looking for he tries to kill her. She is at this time on the cube but in an area that is blocked from sensors. She beats a hole in the floor and appears on the sensor in between floors.

Picard and Hugh find her but its a race to escape from the Romulans. Just when you think they are busted, Picards body guard beams in and kills about 4 Romulans with his sword.

I note that the cube the romulan used to emit the radiation, is the same as the one used by Khan in one of the newer ST movies.

Its rolling now!!!
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Picard Episode 7 - Nepenthe

Now this was a really good episode. In my opinion the best yet!

Picard and Soji end up on the Planet Nepenthe where Riker and Deanna have settled and are raising their daughter Kestra. It seems they lost a son (first born?), Thad, whose rare disease whose cure cured rested in positronic research and medical therapy that had been banned in the wake of the Mars disaster and the synth ban . Soji is torn and doesnt know who to trust, but her issues are alleviated while on Nepenthe and her and Kestra seem to form a bond.

In the meantime You have the ship that is stuck in a tractor beam at the borg cube. The Romulans let them go so they can track them to where Picard and Soji are so they can kill Soji. We find out more about why Agnes turned against them and became a mole and some things are settled on that.

Hughe and Elnor are still on the cube and plan to take over the cube from the Romulans but Hugh is caught in short order. The Romulan Rizzo has the borg that have been released from the cube and kills them in front of Hughe to get him to cooperate and tell where Picard and Soji are. Enter Elnor who starts the process of killing Romulans. There is a battle between him and the Romulan lady Rizzo. I will not spoil what happens but at the end Elnor calls for help from the Fenris Rangers... I suspect we will see 7 of 9 again soon to help.

Overall a good balance between plot and action
darthbuzz
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by darthbuzz »

I agree, the best one yet.
To hear Riker's voice again when the last time I heard him must have been the last TNG movie back in 1998 with Insurrection I think. Quite emotional.
And Hugh dies.

I bet the other stars of Star Trek are chomping at the bit to get in Picard. Maybe I should re-phrase that. :P

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

The show is evolving slowly, but I'm OK with that. It's a great premise, and I love having the Romulans front and center for a change.

Return to “TV Shows”