Would you be comfortable with a compendium of Amazon wishlis

For those who want to talk about other authors, but can't be bothered to go join other boards...

Moderators: Orlion, Dragonlily

Would you be comfortable with a compendium of Amazon wishlists for books?

Yes, permanently
100%
No, never
No votes
Yes, but as limited events
No votes

Total votes: 2

Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Would you be comfortable with a compendium of Amazon wishlis

Post by Rigel »

Would people be comfortable posting links to Amazon Wishlists of books? If so, we could keep a compendium of such links, and every now and then a book might show up for you.

If you haven't used them before, it doesn't post personal information online: just a list of items you would like to receive. Anyone who can view the list can buy an item for you, and it gets sent without them knowing the shipping or anything.

I'm thinking we could keep links to lists of books people want and, if you're feeling generous, you can browse one and buy someone a gift. Because you can pick the item from Amazon you can also select the format you enjoy; hard cover, limited edition, paperback, or Kindle. Other booksellers would unfortunately lose out using Amazon wishlists, but it's a lot less work to let them do the heavy lifting of tracking / shipping / maintaining (somewhat) peoples' privacy.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Seems like there's not a lot of interest at the moment, so let's table this for now.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information

Return to “General Literature Discussion”