Bill and Ted Face the Music

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

peter
The Gap Into Spam

Bill and Ted Face the Music

Post by peter »

Confronted with the fact that they have not written the song that will bring together the entirety of mankind, but convinced nevertheless that they are bound to do so, our bodacious duo decide to skip the hard work and simply travel to the future whereby they can 'borrow' the song from ......well..... themselves!

Of course being Bill and Ted things will not go to plan, but no doubt they will rise to the occasion and finish the film with a great musical extravaganza in which the song will be unveiled upon an unsuspecting world. Hmmmmm.......... Have we been here before?

Never mind - I for one am right pleased that Reeves and Winter have agreed to reprise their roles, whose last outing was in the sequel to Excellent Adventure, namely Bogus Journey, released in 1991, and though in the trailer they do look somewhat matured, their particularly wooden acting skills make them still look bang to rights for the roles. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it exactly what we need in the face of this (most bogus) pandemic - a little bit of down time with the grim reaper. So come the day, I'll be springing my ten quid to Sky Films or whoever and in anticipation of this I think there is only one thing one can say - Excellent!

:D
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

It's wonderful. A fitting end of the trilogy.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I plan on seeing it at the earlist opportunity. I'll just buy it on some streaming service because I am not about to try and go to a theater.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

I'm pretty sure the ads I've seen say it's currently availabke in opened theaters and on On Demand. While I normally much prefer seeing special effects movies in theaters, I suspect this is one which won't suffer too much with the transition to a 50" HDTV. I'm not ready to return to theaters, either. Plus, I don't think any have reopened here on the Eastside of Seattle, yet.

However, like I'm doing with Artemis Fowl, which I really did want to see in theaters, I'll wait until I can borrow the DVD from my library.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Bought a Vudu bundle of all 3 films.
We binge watched all 3.
Face the Music was surprisingly fun and consistent with the previous films. Yes the actors have aged noticeably but it all fit well within the story. Some of the plot details don't make much sense but that is true with previous films as well.
The Bill and Ted film Series isn't exactly high art but it's not intended to be. Its absurd fun and I like it.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

I was excited to see this just for how fun and silly it could be, then I saw the $20 price tag and decided to skip it :D

Maybe a bundle of all 3 would be more palatable, but for now, I'll have to wait.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

They're not even releasing it on streaming in the UK. Cinemas only, in a few weeks. So I guess I'll see it next year or something.
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

I just saw this one.
I liked it!
I thought they did a really good job.
The kids were just right too, likable and not too over the top.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I could have sworn I'd posted in this topic...

Anyway, I didn't hate it. :D

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Still waiting on my hold from the library.

Supposedly neither SD nor Damsel have seen any of the Bill and Ted mivies, so I'm waiting on holds for all three.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

First two viewed. Consensus is Bogus is pretty lame. Unsure about Dam-sel, but SD is obviously unenthused about continuing. Too bad, as my hold on Face the Music is finally in.

I am curious how they jump from the fairly jubilant ending of Bogus showing the boys did unite mankind to them not achieving that yet. For now, it is a puzzlement.

Return to “Flicks”