danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

bump-4 Nav
fall far and well Pilots!
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

Any thought yet to how we are going to carefully, tactfully post threads on Runes without spoiling it for those who haven't yet finished/started?

This is a slightly different scenario than a person that is new to the Watch, since only the fastest readers will have advance knowledge... could be interesting [I mean in a Chinese curse kind of way ;) ]

DW
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Well this is one of the reasons I'm pushing Dissecting the Land so hard, right now. So that we finish the 1st 6 books by October and, hopefully, confine a spoiler protected Runes Dissection there--the TC mods will have to really be on their toes when it comes out! 8O
fall far and well Pilots!
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

*hop/flies into room* Um, why has there been no battling? Go to each other's throats for the first copy. I watch, I wait....

Oh, goody! Excellent! This will be great! Oh, and Rikash, I don't think they'll take advice from someone who smells as foul as you.

Well, I had to try. Oh, and I guess the book thing is good too.
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

LOL! They've added a synopsis to the amazon.co.uk listing (and split it up into two listings - one for the hard cover this year, and a second for the paperback next year). But it's hilarious the way the synopsis "ends". I guess they ran into a max word limit...
Now comes the book every fantasy reader has been waiting for. Dr Linden Avery, the Chosen, Covenant's companion, is drawn back to the Land, seeking
That's where it ends! ROFLMAO!!!

So what do you think she's seeking? A lost penknife? The One Plate? (the long-lost serving plate of Berek's queen, which is depicted on the new book club cover of the second chrons)? The Holy Grail? The question to the answer of Life, the Universe, and Everything?

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

:haha:

Maybe this synopsis means that SRD is writing it as a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure....
"If you think Linden would accept the blood sacrifice and travel to the Land, turn to page 316. If you think she would run away, turn to page 39...."

DW
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
markjeffrey
Woodhelvennin

Post by markjeffrey »

OK -- so why is this only listed in the UK? Why doesn't the US Amazon.com site list 'Runes' yet? Is it going to be released in the UK first???
When you're done with 'Runes' :) ... check out www.pocketandpendant.com ... like a small, minty refreshment after the Main Course has been served!
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

cool av mark jeffrey ;)
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

LOL! Multiple plot threads would sure explain the 800+ pages that were listed.

I wouldn't take the UK site listing the book as much of an indication of anything. That just means that the UK publisher thought to submit the info to them before the US publisher did. It all depends on when the final version of the book is actually done, and after that when each publisher can fit it into the production and distribution schedule. But I'm betting that they are released in both countries at about the same time.

(Eck waves to Mark)

Return to “The Runes of the Earth”