Kamala Harris
75%
Draw
25%

Total votes: 4

Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

wayfriend wrote: "Peaceful transfer of power" means not using the power of your office, and the powers of the offices of your political allies, to cast doubt on the results of the election, or to control the results of the election, or to overturn the results of the election.
You mean like how Hillary weaponized the FBI against her political opponent and how the Democrats investigated them impeached Trump hecause Hillary lost?

No one is going to do the wild things you suggest. Try some relaxing tea and calm meditation to see if that helps.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:No one is going to do the wild things you suggest.
Really? Trump never said that mail in voting was corrupt? He never asked right-wing extremist groups to "stand by"? He never asked his base to go to polling stations to "monitor" things?

This never happened? Trump campaign discussing plans to appoint its own state electors, no matter the results: report

Pathetic.
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:Try some relaxing tea and calm meditation to see if that helps.
Going ad hominem, Hashi? So soon?

(Yes, you just implied my opinions should be ignored because I am stressed out and therefore irrational. That's a personal attack. In in a second fell swoop, Hashi himself shows he's really only out to moderate liberals.)
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Actually, I was expressing concern that recent events seem to be weighing heavily on your mind and that you probably do not need the added stress. The knowledge that Biden will likely win the White House and that Democrats should retain the House of Representatives should be sufficient to allay your concerns.

Suggesting that the POTUS is directing extemist groups to "stand by" is a little wild, one must admit. Mail-in voting does have an inherent level of corruption possible with it because of the random, third-party way the ballots are handled--did you hear that the USPS recently dumped a box full of ballots in a dumpster? People from both sides should be at polling statitions to monitor situations--that sort of thing happens all the time.
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

wayfriend wrote:In in a second fell swoop, Hashi himself shows he's really only out to moderate liberals.)

From a psychiatric point of view, is there much of an appreciable distinction to be drawn between a persecution complex and paranoid delusion?
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:Actually, I was expressing concern that recent events seem to be weighing heavily on your mind and that you probably do not need the added stress. The knowledge that Biden will likely win the White House and that Democrats should retain the House of Representatives should be sufficient to allay your concerns.

Suggesting that the POTUS is directing extemist groups to "stand by" is a little wild, one must admit. Mail-in voting does have an inherent level of corruption possible with it because of the random, third-party way the ballots are handled--did you hear that the USPS recently dumped a box full of ballots in a dumpster? People from both sides should be at polling statitions to monitor situations--that sort of thing happens all the time.
Hashi, you seem to be forgetting something. Trump did in fact tell Proud Boys to "stand by." He tried to walk back that statement, but he still said it, on national television, to an audience of millions.

As to the USPS dumping ballots, that was a Trump supporter that did that.

Sheesh, Hashi, do some research next time, please.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Mentioning something as an off-hand comment is not the same thing as "directing". No hate group takes its orders directly from Trump, as you well know. Still, you may keep playing that card if you so desire but I don't think anyone is paying any attention to it except those who already hate him.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Ur - since you constantly need to be told. So is it stupidity or lying by democrats?

https://youtu.be/9JmOSsv-KSg

So is it stupidity or outright lying?

We do know Democrats have the history of racism, slavery, the civil war, the kkk, Jim crow, the genocide of American Indians, fighting against civil rights for blacks and infanticide.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:Mentioning something as an off-hand comment is not the same thing as "directing". No hate group takes its orders directly from Trump, as you well know.
But they will be more than happy to cite his comments as explicit endorsement of their group / actions.

The only mitigation here is that I seriously suspect that Trump literally does not ever consider the consequences of anything he says, mainly because he has never had to face any consequences.

The law of unintended consequences though, well...we all know that's a bitch.

--A
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Av - we on the right could take a of that more seriously if we haven't seen leftists / Democrats rioting, looting and arsoning.

https://youtu.be/WdbRDopglFM
Democrats calling for violence, a montage.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

It's a false comparison Sarge, as much as people saying they've seen Republicans picketing gay pride events.

That's what SD was saying elsewhere...calling the actions of a minority indicative of the entire broad group is useless.

I'm sure that if there was a more left-wing party than the Democrats, those rioters and looters would be voting for them instead.

Just like if you had a more right-wing party than the Republicans, the white supremacists and militants would be voting for that instead.

--A
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Av - as I believe the left says. Silence = violence. There refusal to condemn the rioting was the complicit approval.
Last edited by sgt.null on Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:Mentioning something as an off-hand comment is not the same thing as "directing". No hate group takes its orders directly from Trump, as you well know. Still, you may keep playing that card if you so desire but I don't think anyone is paying any attention to it except those who already hate him.
Except the Proud Boys responding immediately to "stand back and stand by" with "We're standing by, Mr. President."

But ok.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

https://www.adl.org/proudboys

From the ADL site. They say the membership numbers are unknown but it is likely several hundred.

Seems like a lot of press for several hundred people.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

sgt.null wrote:https://www.adl.org/proudboys

From the ADL site. They say the membership numbers are unknown but it is likely several hundred.

Seems like a lot of press for several hundred people.
And yet it's more people than the so called "antifa" you and the conservatives and Trump go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about.
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

If Trump ordered the KKK to do something, they definitely would oblige him. He has a lot of respect from white supremacist groups, and he still has strong support from people like Jared Taylor and David Duke.

The right-wing militia in MI definitely was carrying out what it perceived to be orders from Trump with his "liberate Michigan" tweet.

Whether intentionally or intentionally, Trump has power with these groups, and that is dangerous because they are likely to carry out terror attacks based on what he says.
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

If Trump said something like "Somebody should do something about Nancy Pelosi" you don't think some nutjob out there won't attempt to assassinate her? They definitely would plot such an action at least.

That's why Trump's irresponsible statements are dangerous, and I am not convinced that he doesn't realize this. He's still inciting violence against Michigan Gov. Whitmer even after the terrorist plot against her.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

wF - we have seen antifa burning, looting and rioting. Do I need to post those vids again?

Ur - you mean the militia guy who called Trump a tyrant?

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 940296002/

You can play the what if game about Trump. But then we have video of Trump denouncing racists over and over again.

https://youtu.be/9JmOSsv-KSg

And here is just one video of antifa at work.

https://youtu.be/jCq-eD3Fdmo
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Most accusations of its involvement in violence at protests around the country have proven unfounded. After looking into violence in Washington, D.C., for example, the FBI found "no intelligence indicating antifa involvement/presence."

As author Mark Bray puts it, "The vast majority of anti-fascist organizing is nonviolent. But their willingness to physically defend themselves and others from white supremacist violence, and preemptively shut down fascist organizing efforts before they turn deadly, distinguishes them from liberal anti-racists."

Antifa's association with violence has led to its portrayal as disruptive and lawless. That has allowed conservative talking heads to paint it as a civil threat, in an attempt to counter violent images of the alt-right.
[link]
Antifa is just a distraction from the real, documented, wide-spread, uncontained, and tolerated violence of the right.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Sure wish Trump would learn how to pronounce Ku Klux Klan. Flashbacks to "nucular".
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

In what way is something like the CHOP/CHAZ episode not lawlessness? They effectively declared themselves independent from both Washington and the United States. Now, on the one hand it was good enough for the U. S. in general but if those people want to effect local change then run for city council or State Legislature. Doing it the way they did it ends up with tanks rolling into the area.

Return to “Coercri”