October 15 Trump and Biden Town Halls

Archive From The 'Tank
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

October 15 Trump and Biden Town Halls

Post by Gaius Octavius »

What was your perception of the Trump and Biden town halls?

NBC Trump Town Hall
I only watched part of this (mainly because I forgot that there was an event last night until I saw some live streams), but I think Trump might have shot himself in the foot again like he did during the first debate. His performance was chaotic, and he kept arguing with the moderator. She kept asking him follow-up questions and would call him out when he told a lie. His answers were rambling and barely coherent. I don't believe he convinced many of the undecided voters to vote for him.

ABC Biden Town Hall
Where can I begin? There was such a huge contrast between Trump's performance and Biden's performance. First of all, Biden gave very clear and concise answers to every question that was asked of him. He was very presidential. He also had a much longer town hall than Donald Trump.

Biden spoke for 30 minutes longer than Trump did, and on top of that, he stayed around for another hour to answer more questions from voters. This completely put to bed the notion that Biden is unable to speak for long periods of time and that he has dementia.
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Trump's town hall event: this was more of a cross-examination by a hostile prosecutor than a "town hall" and included many instances of "begging the question" such as "why won't you denounce white supremacy?". The afternoon radio show here played a 10-minute clip of Trump denouncing white supremcay, racism, hate groups, and/or domestic terror organizations, but media people still like tying Trump to white supremacy because that generates clicks and sells ad space.

Biden's town hall: a group of Democrat insiders--one woman is the wife of a Democrat politician while one guy who asked a question was a speecwriter in the Obama Administration--who rephrased Democrat talking points into questions so Biden could parrot back the talking point, thus appearing to answer the question. I am certain it did not take them more than three or four takes to get it correct--I highly doubt the event was live as was purported.

What was the point? Oh, wait--the point was to sell ad time and try to generate viewership. There is no such thing these days as "an undecided voter"--anyone saying "I am undecided" is lying and simply does not want to admit openly the choice they have already made.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

You know, they didn't make Trump stutter and stammer his way through the town hall, forming incoherent statements.

And they didn't wave a magic wand and make Biden do well either.

Bottom line: Trump sucks, and the propaganda about Biden "having dementia" is such an obvious lie at this point that anyone who said it before looks like a moron now.

A Trump supporter (the guy with the funny gray hair and the paisley tie) tried asking Biden a gotcha question during the ABC town hall, and Biden's answer was so great and well-articulated that the Trump supporter's face morphed into this look of utter disgust at being unable to take down Biden with that question.

So, no, it's not because of the people there. Trump just sucks and Biden can actually form sentences.

Trump supporters are suffering from Biden Derangement Syndrome.
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

And, yes, a moderator's job is to ask the candidates tough questions. Trump was asked tough questions, and the moderator pointed out that certain statements made by Trump weren't grounded in facts. Now Trump supporters are whining about it.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:And, yes, a moderator's job is to ask the candidates tough questions.
The problem is that no one is asking Biden any tough questions.

"Did he agree with Obama's decision to assassinate an American citizen without due process?"

"What about the now-corroborated e-mail messages on Hunter's laptop which indicate that you did have meetings with at least one Burisma official while you were Vice President?"

"What about Tara Reade?"

"Did you really live in Section 8 housing as a young man?" (Biden actually said that he lived in Section 8 housing when he was younger. Although this could technically be true, since Section 8 got started in 1937 and Biden was born in 1942, there is no indication that the Bidens ever lived in a house under that program.)

"Are you still running for the Senate?" (Biden has made claim twice now on the campaign trail that he is running for Senate.)

He is your guy, though. You had better enjoy him while you can before they 25th after getting into office.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:And, yes, a moderator's job is to ask the candidates tough questions. Trump was asked tough questions, and the moderator pointed out that certain statements made by Trump weren't grounded in facts. Now Trump supporters are whining about it.
How about... "Joe, does your running mate Kamala Harris still believe you are a ralist and a racist?"

Or "Hey Joe, do you regret being friends with Robert Byrd, noted KKK recruiter?"

Or even, "Hey Joe, care to defend the many tacist statements you have made through the years years?"

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/ ... 20-1371933

I'll expect you to ignore this. Because you easily ignore the slavery, genocide and infanticide of the Democrats.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Sorry, I must have missed where Democrats were keeping slaves, committing genocide and murdering babies?

(Oh, on topic, I didn't watch either of those...no attraction to me whatsoever for various reasons, not least being that they're not my politicians. :D )

--A
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Sgt, you forgot the baby-raping satanic cult part of your conspiracy theory.

They take Christian babies and sacrifice them for their blood and poison wells, too.

And they are greedy.

Right?
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

ur - i don't brook in conspiracy theories from websites known to harbor the unstable of mind. That is your particular cesspool.

I'm talking about historical fact. The Democrats were founded on the exploitation and murder of those less powerful than themselves and they continue to do the same.

The death toll 💀 of the Democrats is mind boggling.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Did someone rustle your jimmies?
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:Did someone rustle your jimmies?
You'll have to explain your meaning. What are jimmies in this context?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

sgt.null wrote:
ur-Nanothnir wrote:Did someone rustle your jimmies?
You'll have to explain your meaning. What are jimmies in this context?
Balls. The phrase "rustle your jimmies" is memespeak for "to aggravate or upset someone" but is used in a somewhat playful, somewhat aggressive manner.

The town halls were irrelevant.

Return to “Coercri”