2nd Chronicles & Book 2 of Last Chronicles on Audible

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Gr8Dane
Servant of the Land

2nd Chronicles & Book 2 of Last Chronicles on Audible

Post by Gr8Dane »

Has anyone heard anything concrete from SRD or Scott Brick about if/when the 2nd Chronicles & Book 2 of Last Chronicles would be on Audible.com?
Treasure Buries
Servant of the Land

Post by Treasure Buries »

Hi, I am new here also and dwelling on the same question.

We should chat maybe. Are you on Discord or anything?

I saw this on Donaldson's site:
"The first Thomas Covenant trilogy in audio: widely available at last! Plus other Covenant audio news.

After many unforeseeable (and indeed inexplicable) delays, all caused by an unreliable distributor, Scott Brick's recordings of "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever" are finally available from outlets like Amazon, Audible, and--if I'm not mistaken--iTunes. Later, the readings will become available from a much wider range of outlets, including libraries.

For those who don't know the history: for 35+ years, Ballantine Books had no interest at all in doing anything to support these books; so Scott leased the rights, made the recordings himself, and sold them through his own outlet, brickbybrickaudiobooks.com. Then, at about this time last year, someone at Ballantine woke up to the growing market for audio books. That led to an extension of Scott's license which enabled him to "go wide."

His recordings of "The Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" are still available from his outlet. Eventually, they will also reach wider distribution. But his immediate goal is to get his reading of "Fatal Revenant" (Book Two of "The Last Chronicles") onto Amazon et al. As a particularly stupid example of publisher-think, Penguin licensed Books One, Three, and Four for audio, but refused to license Book Two--until Scott stepped in. At present, "Fatal Revenant" can still be found only on brickbybrickaudiobooks.com.

4/11/20"

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”