WandaVision

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Time travel! Bring forth the Marvel western heroes!
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Time travel is already possible, if one has access to Pym particles and a quantum tunnel--FitzSimmons figured it out in AoS, but then they had access to part of that one monolith that Flint recreated.

Time travel makes me think about the Eye of Agamotto. If the Ancient One is correct and the Stones create/reinforce a stable timeline, then how can they have been destroyed? Won't they eventually reform as part of reality? If not, then jumping timelines is now possible whereas it was not before. Still, there is bound to be a spell for time travel, since they can already travel through space and physics tells us that distance and time are the same things. Besides, a wizard portal should be possible to the quantum realm and then a second portal back out to some other point in time--but I digress.

Besides, Dr. Strange isn't a smart as he thinks he is. As soon as he was told of the theat Thanos presents, he uses the Eye to step out of time, casts a seeking spell to locate the Tesseract, opens a portal to Thanos, takes both gems from him (he had only two at the time), and now Thanos is no longer a major threat. Problem solved and Stones made safe. Anyway...I am smarter than the scriptwriters.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Just go back in time and kill baby Thanos. Take Wolverine or the Punisher to do it. Hell, Taskmaster or Deadpool.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I really enjoyed the show throughout, but as I was never a reader of the comics, I wasn't terribly invested. The finale left me pretty cold toward it, but I'll watch another season if given the opportunity.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Cagliostro wrote:The finale left me pretty cold toward it
I am curious about this--how so? Out of all the Avengers, Wanda's is possibly the most grievous end because not only did she lose everyone she had to lose them twice, the second time by concious choice. Sure, Stark and Natasha died but their grief is now over.

It is a coin toss as to whose end was the best, Clint or Steve. Well, actually, Scott, as well--all three of them got to go home to their families.

Wanda is now arguably one of the most powerful people on Earth and possibly this entire section of space, Danvers notwithstanding.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I guess because the showdowns didn't really do it for me, and yeah, I felt bad for her in the end seeing reality come to the forefront, but...yeah, I just ceased to care by the end. But I could have been sleepy and grumpy at the time, so maybe a rewatch of it is in order to see if I feel the same. But I'll probably never get around to it unless I make it to the time the release season 2, if they do.

With that said, Falcon and the Winter Soldier is boring. I've given up on it. The action scenes are good, but I think I only made it to the third or fourth episode.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Cagliostro wrote:With that said, Falcon and the Winter Soldier is boring. I've given up on it. The action scenes are good, but I think I only made it to the third or fourth episode.
That's just when it starts getting good. They had to get through all the "what do I do with my life now?" stuff first.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Im enjoying Falcon and Winter Soldier but its a different vibe to Wanda Vision .. I love that the franchise is using TV as a medium to bridge the gaps in the story lines.

With my baby boy at home this past year we did an entire Marvel marathon including the TV shows. It was soooo good ... and so much better to see them in close order than to have too much time between watches.

Love, love, love it. ALL
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling ๐Ÿ˜Š :D ๐Ÿ˜Š

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Now that it has been confirmed that the original plan was to have Strange show up in WandaVision some of its weirder elements make sense. All those commercials? That was Strange trying to reach Wanda.

At least I was correct in my assessment: there was no way to manipulate reality on that scale and not attract the attention of the mages.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

I thought this was absolutely amazing. Surreal and existential. (Where is Lurch for comment??)
Joe Biden โ€ฆ putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

100% ๐Ÿ‘Œ absolutely brilliant
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

WandaVision

Post by Menolly »

Finally watched this. Like others, the opening episodes were bizarre to me, but it all came together. I loved how minor characters from the movies were brought in and given major roles.

I have yet to see the newer Dr. Strange. So for now, my heart breaks for Wanda and I am seriously unhappy about the implication that she is studying the Dark Hold, if the lore about it from AoS holds true, even if the book itself is different.
Last edited by Menolly on Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
rdhopeca
The Master

WandaVision

Post by rdhopeca »

I thought Elizabeth Olsen was tremendous in this.
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
Skyweir
Lord of Light

WandaVision

Post by Skyweir »

Absolutely she was!!! And Kath Hahn was great also ๐Ÿ‘Œโ™ฅ๏ธ
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to โ€œTV Showsโ€